User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pilot Flying J to Renovate and Update its 4,000 Showers - Launches National Contest

06.10.2011– Pilot Flying J has announced that over the next 24 months, significant capital investments will be made to improve the shower experience for its trucking customers.

“Showers are one of the most important things to professional drivers,” said Mark Hazelwood, Executive Vice President of Sales and Development for Pilot Flying J. “Professional drivers live on the road and truck stops are their home away from home. The importance of showers has been prevalent in all our research –- from surveys to posts on social media and in conversations with our customers.”

Pilot Flying J’s research has shown that professional drivers want good water pressure and temperature; modern shower fixtures; large, thick towels; and a sense of security in the showers. But, most important, they value cleanliness.

As part of the research, members of the Pilot Flying J organization have visited and showered in a number of Pilot Flying J facilities and at a number of Pilot Flying J’s competitors. “We found that cleanliness is absolutely the number one thing that makes or breaks a good shower,” Hazelwood said.

Through training and employee incentives, Pilot Flying J is emphasizing cleanliness, he said. The company has implemented an “Own A Shower” program through which every shower in the company is assigned to an individual team member and general manager. Those individuals are responsible for a specific shower and are rewarded for outstanding results based on professional driver feedback and internal inspections.

From Memorial Day through Labor Day, professional drivers stopping at Pilot Flying J locations may participate in the “Best Shower on the Interstate Contest.” Through this contest, drivers will be allowed to vote every three days on the best shower they have experienced in a Pilot Flying J facility. They will be asked to use a five-star system to rate cleanliness, temperature, water pressure, and other shower amenities. Every time they cast a vote at a convenient on-site kiosk, professional drivers will be automatically entered in a contest to win free Pilot Flying J coffee for a year.

“Pilot Flying J is committed to providing the best experience possible for every professional driver in each of our 4,000 showers and we are applying significant resources to make this happen,” said Jimmy Haslam, president and CEO of Pilot Flying J.

Pilot Flying J’s capital investment will go to renovate and upgrade showers with new tile, fixtures, lighting, and hotel quality shower heads. The company also recently upgraded to large new towels and will offer other amenities to improve the shower experience.

“Professional drivers have a difficult job and are away from home for long periods of time”, said Jimmy Haslam. “We want to help make their life a little better by providing them a clean, hot shower like they might get at a nice hotel or at home.”
Old 06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Board Member

thank god!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhony View Post
“Showers are one of the most important things to professional drivers,” said Mark Hazelwood, Executive Vice President of Sales and Development for Pilot Flying J. “Professional drivers live on the road and truck stops are their home away from home. The importance of showers has been prevalent in all our research –- from surveys to posts on social media and in conversations with our customers.”
Not at all sure I'd cheer for this one. In my day, I've showered at a few Pilots, and their showers SUCKed big time. Now, they're going to "upgrade"??? the showers at Flying J?????? The same way Pilot had their showers in the past??? What I remember from Pilot in the past was far from an upgrade. Cold water, cramped quarters, and they sure could have been a lot cleaner. If that's what they have in mind for the Flying J showers, I'm glad I'm retired. I don't think a Pilot Exec is qualified to talk about "upgrading" anything.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Wow, register and complete surveys for free coffee...yawn

Tags