User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I-95 Rear End Collision in VA

Man charged in fiery I-95 crash - Caroline Crossroads

Yes, this was one of our Werner/DG guys.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Maybe it was a Werner/DG, but for a change, the 4-wheeler was cited. Kind of surprising that it wasn't "NOT-SO-SWIFT" going that speed.

Now, the real truth of the matter is that Werner's safety department will say that it "was preventable", and another driver bites the dust.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Swift rear-ended another vehicle. The truck driver was not paying attention to avoid the accident, or going to fast for the road conditions. ect. ect. ect. He/she didn't have control of the truck. :smokin:
Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
...and another driver bites the dust.
Correct. The official word on that one came Friday.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
Correct. The official word on that one came Friday.
thats dumb as hell!! that's why i hate the werner's and swift's of the world!! another thing is i still don't like some of the places where they raised the speed limit up to 70.. on parts of 81 its entirely to busy and to many super truckers and impatient 4-wheelers that fly on this road knowing its mainly 2-lane and hills for its whole 323 mile stretch..I can understand from Roanoke South but not all of 81 (except for the parts in Winchester, Harrisonburg, and Roanoke when it drops down to 60).. and in between Richmond and Washington D.C. is bad enough, when the speed limit was 65 you had an accident in between the 89 and 152 at least 4 times a week... Mr. Ford you can vouch for that!!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Board Icon

I can sorta vouch for that when I was running between Short Pump-Fredericksburg and Chesterfield-Fredericksburg for 2 weeks recently. I was running along fine myself at 70 mph when it was still 65(they just changed it to 70 in that area this past week.) The only problems I had was down between the 104 exit and I-295 going both directions, they need to f-ing pave all of that over again. When I was empty, I could barely hold the road/lane. 295 wasn't any better coming from Short Pump, christ my head hurt from bouncing off the roof even while loaded. The othe problem was the Super Duper Trucker that wanted to hit the center lane and sit there while attempting the 20 mile pass with both running 60 mph. He knew he couldn't pull it off but he kept on trying anyways, he'd get a run downhill, get even with the truck in the right lane then fall back on the uphill to where he was half a truck behind him, right where nobody could squeeze by when he fell off.

I know on 81 the cars mostly do 70-75 as it is all along that road. I personally run about 73 out there in my car, 81 really needs a 3rd lane badly.

As for this story by VIP, yeah I read about it a few days ago, good for the cops for citing the car on this one.