User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Warning to all EZ Pass users going through Ore

If you are driving through the state of Oregon and have an EZPASS in your truck you sure dont want to to go through a weigh station without your log book being right. We went through 2 set of scales on I-84 heading west to Portland and both times the EZPass started making a beeping noice for the first time ever. We wer,nt sure why it was beeping only when we went through the scales so the next morning we informed dispatch about it and he said that another driver had gone through the Oregon scales going west and had the same thing happen with his EZpass. The only difference was the driver on his way heading back east was over on his hours, had fixed his log book to drive longer and this time the weigh station pulled him in and busted him with violations up the butt. Oregon is able to detect on there computers through ezpass if you are over hours. Lucky for us we we didnt go back east through the scales till the next morning after taking 10 off in the sleeper so we had no issues. So if your gonna cheat dont do it in Oregon with an EZPASS in your truck or they will get ya. We dont know of any other states that can happen in ,but if anyone knows of any let us all know !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Board Icon

EZ-Pass? Sure it wasn't Pre-Pass? EZ-Pass is for tolls and that would sound like what DOT is doing at the scales is illegal by essientally hacking into EZ-Pass' system. Pre-Pass is for the scales which would make more sense to them using that to get you.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I sure don't think they could get that info from EZ Pass. Hell my transactions don't show up on the website for 3 days. And that would defintetly violate some type of privacy laws wouldn't it? Prepass maybe, but according to Prepass those records are not supposed to used for that.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Rookie
Exclamation

Believe me this was Ezpass that is used for toll roads. and yes it doesnt sound legal,but Oregon is using it to their advantage. the green light on our EZpass came on and then started beeping just before and while going through there scales. We dont have pre pass so not to get confused it was definityly EZpass that triggered the scales. The scale house also told the driver that got busted they have it set up in there computer system.

Last edited by lucky2; 06-07-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

When i got pulled over in MD coming from NYC at the scales for being overweight, he asked me for my log book and toll receipts and i told him i had an Ez Pass and he took the license plate number and my log book and went inside the building... Do i know if he checked or not? not sure, but my logs were correct and i didnt receive anytype of citation outside of the overweight citation..
Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

It seems to me this was brought up in a different forum.

First off, EZPass is PREPass is EZPass; mine is both. Regardless, WA and OR are the first two states that will integrate all of EZ/PRE's wonderful features. (I believe CA is next.) Among the features is the ability to track you from place to place intrastate as well as state to state using sensors placed all over, not just at/before scales or tolls. If you're heading south on the 205 from WA to OR, look at the north side of a center abutment on one of the bridges between the Old 99 and the WA 14 exits, there's a reader reading both sides. There's another on NB I-5 reading from the comedian but I don't remember exactly where it is. That's two I can place off the top of my head and I've seen many others.

Suffice it to say, if they read you in Ashland, OR at 0000 and in Blaine, WA at 1500, you're over 14 and busted. If they read you in Wilsonville at 0400, you're busted. You can't legally go 270 +/- miles in 4 hours. They may not know today if you team or train but they will the next time they call you in and update your screen.

I was in CO about a month ago. I came in one way, left, came in another and, after my fourth bypass, I was called in and inside. My information wasn't "complete" and he just wanted to fill in a few blanks. I saw the screen with all it's information about me, my license, my truck, the effective and expiration dates for all my permits, etc. He explained that if something expires, the next time I approach a participating scale (It should be in place throughout the lower 48 by the end of the year) or a patrol car runs my plate or truck number, I'll be pulled in or over, updates will be verified and I probably won't be called in or pulled over again until something else expires. If something has been overlooked, there won't be any discussion. They'll have to write the ticket, period. "Let the big guns sort it out, right?" Eventually, every issuing authority will simultaneously update the system so, unless I'm close or overweight, I should never be called in again. Eventually.

So, never mind just driving; are you ready for: Miss a child support payment? Busted. A little late with your tax return? Busted. Tore up the parking ticket in ME? Busted. Someone claims you were driving aggressively? C'mon in and let's talk about it. We really want to hear your side of it. Did somebody mention your name . . or a name that sounds like yours . . Did the facial recognition software or credit card reader at Walmart or Pilot identify you as buying the Bud 79 pack? Between sensors in your CMV?

Say hello to your big brother and welcome to 1984!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Board Icon

So what your saying is, drop the EZ Pass and make it tougher on them keeping up with you?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
So what your saying is, drop the EZ Pass and make it tougher on them keeping up with you?
It's not my choice. Swift likes it so I have it and, personally, I prefer to bypass scales and to not loan out money for tolls. It doesn't really matter, though. Keeping with OR as the original example, if you don't have it, the scale house guy is keying in your plate as you do the 3 mph roll. If their system says something doesn't add up, you'll get called in. You might be making it a little more difficult for them but the system works the same either way. Once the new plate readers, etc., are installed, the guy won't be sitting there keying plates, he'll be at the counter handing out the system generated tickets.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Sounds to me like I picked a very good time to retire. I don't have to put up with any of that anymore. Good luck, guys and girls.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post

OR.... you could run legal