Old 08-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
Too late Gman, they have already driven us into bankruptcy... It is all about financial funny business as they shuffle around the deck chairs on the titanic.

I am reminded of a great movie "Brewster's Millions"
Vote: None of the Above

Longsnowsm

I wish we had a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" on our ballots. But then we may never have another elected official. :wink:
Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Rookie

John "I have an aberrant anger coupled with a noticeable slowing of the mind with age" McCain

OR

Barack "sluggish energy levels with a constant inconsistency" Obama

I'm writing in -Articles of Confederation- because obviously the redundancy in limiting central power and the expressly stated power of the federal government in the constitution hasn't worked.

2008 Tool or Fool, you decide.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:22 AM

Hmmm...I think I change my vote to Jerry Moyes
Old 08-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by str.whl.hldr
John "I have an aberrant anger coupled with a noticeable slowing of the mind with age" McCain

OR

Barack "sluggish energy levels with a constant inconsistency" Obama

I'm writing in -Articles of Confederation- because obviously the redundancy in limiting central power and the expressly stated power of the federal government in the constitution hasn't worked.

2008 Tool or Fool, you decide.
A history buff... I like it. Articles of Confederation! Fantastic... Your right the Federal government is out of control... I wonder how many people here remember or know what the Articles of Confederation are and what the controversy was about regarding the Constitution. Very interesting!

Longsnowsm
Old 08-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
"none of the above"................????????????????

great attitude................ :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: not
The lesser of two evils is still "Evil", not the diet coke of evil... :LOL:

So vote for either of them, you will get the same result. Just because you put put a peaches label on the outside of a pickle jar doesn't change the contents of the jar.

Which reminds me of another movie quote from Demolition Man: "Your young, think all you want..."

If either of these guys are elected will you be freer than you are today? Will you suddenly have a right to privacy? Will your taxes be lower, your economic state improved? Will you sudden be safe in your personal effects, and know that your home is your home? Will you have the right to a lawyer and the full protection of the law? Will you really have the opportunity to pursue Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? If the answer is yes, then knock yourself out.

I am burnt out. These guys are all blow and no go... I have seen the democrats in charge, republicans in charge... I have voted every time until this year... You know what they have gotten done? Bankrupt the country. That's it. There, at least they have accomplished something...

So I may not vote this year. So "None of the above".

Longsnowsm
Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Senior Board Member

None of the above or a write in vote or even not voting is a vote for hussein!
Agreed, poor choice this year, call me what you want but I refuse to vote a muslim in as our leader!
Remember 9/11/01?
Still just a little too soon for me!
PC crap......don't give a f......you know what!!
He's a talker and one who can rally the people, but I'm not buying it!!
So I'll vote McCain and start watching local and state offices real close, they work for us.
If not we need to vote them out!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I agree Freebird. If you fail to vote you are essentially giving the presidency to Hussein. The Democrats will rally for their candidate. They don't want to lose all those government freebie's. The Republicans are disillusioned and wonder what has happened to conservatism and fiscal responsibility. Many will not vote. If enough conservatives stay home they will unwittingly help to hand the presidency over to the radicals. Hussein and his nutty wife are racists. Just listen to their rhetoric. With Russia invading the Republic of Georgia, U.S. troops in Iraq and the war going on I want someone in office who has some military experience. Hussein wants to tuck tail and run. If Clinton had stood up to the terrorists when he was in office we would probably not be in this war now. :cry:
Old 08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Board Icon

I am voting for Ross Perot.

Seriously. I really am. He is the best man for the job.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Well personally I think it is a little over to the top for me to fault Obama because he was born and given this name, so I am not going to join the band wagon making references to his name or what people think it implies.

Secondly I a socially liberal, but a fiscal conservative. But what conservatives call conservative today is anything but conservative. It wasn't that long ago that Clinton was in office and was dragging our boys into Bosnia, Haiti, Kosovo... And conservatives said that the constitution didn't authorize us to play the worlds police. Conservatives were for minding the business of the US. Conservatives would have never concocted a scheme of attacking someone because you suspected or didn't like what was going on in another country. Conservatives used to be conservative. Today what people think of as conservative isn't conservative in it's true form. The radical of the party have stolen conservatism and it is now their Brand and is generally associated with the exremists of the party. These people now say consevatism is about our religion. They have turned conservatives into a bunch of people that are fearful, and that just continue to feed our fears in order to expand their power.

Since I am on a movie theme kick. Go watch the movie "Enemy of the State". I remember when that movie came out thinking "Ho Hum". It was ok as a movie, but come on what a bunch of liberal hysteria. You know what if you can watch that movie today and not have chills go up and down your spine then I don't know what to say. That little snippet in the opening scene with the Congressman just about summarizes just how nuts this country has become. What is really free? What is enough freedom? Are we going to allow our fears to continue to make this country into a prison? The so called conservatives that are in charge of the so called conservative party have completely lost their minds. They will do anything to increase their power and control. This movie went from being Ho Hum, to now it is very relevant to our times. Conservatives hide behind their insanity in the blanket of national security...

Conservatives used to be concerned about our economy, our jobs, our way of life. Today all they seem to care about is the best interests of the multinational corporations. Getting the a trade deal that allows them to go someplace for slave labor rates, tear down barriers that helped protect this countries trade(yes, that were even in the constitution because this wasn't something new), to ensure our economy wasn't disrupted by those that would seek to manipulate and do us harm. Today conservatives cannot wait to cut another deal, and we become the poorer nation for it. They don't try to get good deals for us, but for the companies they represent. Some day someone will actually do the math and actually see we are losing in these deals. The only saving grace if you can call it that is the dollar has fallen off a cliff and we are quickly becoming the cheapest labor market in the world, and by the time it is done we will be a third world nation in order to get there. Strong dollar policy is more that talk. Conservatives used to laugh an the budgets the democrats would pass. Conservatives used to brandish the credentials to say if they were in charge they would balance the budgets, cut the pork, and get things lean and mean. Well they have been in charge, and they turned out to be worse than the liberals... Yes, WORSE. Any of you hard core "conservatives" want to spout the goodness of our trade deals then show me the numbers, not just some BS sound bite you heard. You have to start thinking for yourself and stop listening to some vomit that the party told you to think. Any time they quote something, go get the facts and start to figure it out for yourself. This is precisely how we got in this mess.

Watching the debates and looking around at who was running on the conservative ticket... The only one that seemed to represent what conservatives once were was Ron Paul! Every so called conservative attacked truly conservative ideas as nutty... So I think the conservatives have gone off the reservation, and I don't think they are coming back if all you have to vote for is a guy that never had a shot to begin with.

And to me what's worse is we are still walking around repeating their nonsense and actually have forgotten what conservatives represented. The party of small government, freedom, based on the constitution and the traditions of our nation. That is long gone if we have such a short memory and have become a bunch of lemmings that allowed the conservative party to be abducted.

So go ahead, let's just keep repeating what the conservatives tell us... They stole what was once your party. I think about a nice Thomas Jefferson quote:

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. - Thomas Jefferson

Can conservatives ever come back to this kind of thinking? Will our nation?

Vote: None of the above

Longsnowsm
Old 08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member