User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The BBRs won't be happy . .

The other truck show thread is locked so, here ya go . .

Today?s Trucking.com: The Truck News Site - Canadian website and magazine publishing information and content on truck news, trucking regulations, trucking industry, fleet management, owners/operators and the latest in trucking products and trucking
Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Board Icon

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...ouisville.html
Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Do you think I'd have got this close if I really wanted to go?

I drove through L'ville today, 65 SB, at about 10:15. The truck lot appeared to be full but a little too orderly, like there was still room for more. The two four wheeler lots were maybe half full. The overall traffic in L'ville was nothing like it was two years ago when I actually went to the show . . insane.

I'll be interested to see the attendence figures if I happen to find them. I'm guessing they'll be down quite a bit.

Any impressions from attendees?
Old 03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Board Icon

Here is the link that Fratsit posted in the "from High seas to Highways" thread.
Quite nice. Lots of nice trucks.

Picasa Web Albums - Jeff

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM

CD,

My wife and I attended this past Saturday. We got there around 9am and were parked and had our badges by 0930. This was the first time I had been to this event, but it did not appear too crowded in the morning. By the time we left at around 1:30pm it was considerably more crowded. I was able to get reasonable rates at the Hilton Garden Inn on 64 two days before we left. About 13 miles from the show.

My wife and I enjoyed it. We spent the most time in the main hall. Western Star, International, ARI Legacy, Cummins, Mack...all had nice displays. I have no complaints. I like that fact that there were vendors from all different aspects of the industry with products on display. Trucks, trailors, chrome, lights, gears, rear ends, APU's, lifts.... There was a vendor that had cut-aways of brake chambers that I was able to study closely and really see how they work. The school I am in did not go into that in depth. One thing that definately stood out....there were a few vendors from over seas (India, ect) that had booths showcasing parts (brakes, clutches, ect) and I NEVER saw anyone talking to them. I remember reading an article about inferior and counterfeit parts showing up from overseas.

There was a section in the far end of the venue reserved for driver recruiting. I was interested in talking to Tri-State Motor Transit but they were not at there booth when we strolled by. Lots of people in that area. We did a brief walk around, I listened in (OK evesdropped) on a Landstar recruiter demonstrating there load board to a husband and wife just out of curiosity.

The show and shine out back was a sight to behold. From the old school COE's to the 2010 Lonestar and everything in between.

All in all we enjoyed the show. My wife is hesitant about me wanting to get into trucking after I retire from the Navy. I would like to drive for a company for a few years then break out on my own. I used this as an opportunity to enlighten her as well as myself. Keeping my eyes and ears open and mouth shut. I consider it an educational experience and plan to attend next year.

Betty and I appreciate ya'lls hard work. Drive safe.

R/

Frat
Old 03-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Oh yeah.... if any one wants the full size image of any of the pics in my Picasa album to use as wallpaper, ect PM me your email and I will forward it to you.

R/

Frat