Old 10-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
And just what is wrong with JOISEY???
Mostly white vans with non-English speaking drivers. 8)
Wrong!!! It was in Queens, New York..

Just across the river from the Garbage, oooppps, I mean Garden State!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i thought is was voted on and all of the funding was taken away for this program? why are we still bitching about it? manufacturing jobs are going overseas due to the high prices lazy as unions that constantly demand more for less. and i thought the mexicans can bring a load in and get a load and go straight back. why the big deal? does anyone here wanna take a load to mexico? or go to mexicoto get a load and bring back? i know i don't. jersey twicea week is bad enough for me.
Both the House and Senate have drafted legislation to kill all funding, but Bush has said he will veto it.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1
What makes my plan VIABLE, Truckfam, is that I pit the greedy state politicians against the greedy ones at the federal level. My amendment proposals include sending social security tax payments to state trust funds and returning all federal lands to the states. Military assets will also return to state/regional control. States will salivate when they realize what they have the potential to achieve. The strategy quite simple is to divide and then conquer/reform. I'm not naive as to what has to be overcome.
Wouldn't work. You're missing the bigger picture and the bigger players. If things are going to get turned around for the better, Ron Paul has some very good ideas and plans. Get the currency back in the government's hands instead of federal reserve - which is not owned by the US government, but by international bankers. Have the dollar backed by the gold standard again. Get back to the constitution and its original and intended meaning. Actually reduce government, reduce government spending, and cut taxes, and not just talk about it. This is just the beginning.

It's not like his ideas are really radical or any thing. It is just those who run things at the top don't want to loose their power, money, or ability to play both sides of the fence so to speak. Those people want to win at all costs, no matter who they hurt, or who they back stab even if it means back stabbing their own citizens.