User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You don't get it, do you? :roll: I suggest you take the blinders off and view the real world because it's not near as black and white as you think it is.

Quote:
I find it interesting that you admonish the American poster publicly that made that awful "wetback" comment but somehow failed to do the same with Mexican "Pepe" who called Americans "Gringos", a nasty racists slur.
If you'll go back to my last post on the subject, the one in RED...

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...hlight=#245236

...you'll see I encompassed BOTH sides of the coin. In addition, the poster you mentioned received a warning PM from me as well. I tolerate NO racist remarks from either side and I made that clear.

A further concern is that those people that claim to have the same concerns about NAFTA and Mexican drivers that I do, don't come off looking like a bunch of crazed lunatics, thereby clouding the message in a big way. That's happening right now and driving a big wedge between people that essentially feel the same way.

Quote:
Well actually some of the provisions of NAFTA are not the law of the land... yet.
I am well aware of that and truly hope they don't pass. But I also won't hold my breath. There is a lot behind pushing this through and they have enough coporate and political muscle to make it happen. In just such a case, those of us that don't like it would do well to hold off on the straight-forward approach and work to undermine the political side by voting them out of office, starting grass roots campaigns, and getting the word out. That's how change comes about...not by slashing tires and brake lines and committing other acts of sabotage that could get innocent people killed.

Quote:
I don’t condone it but sometimes when Govertment fails it's populace and many cumulative event like this occur, frustrated and oppressed peoples take matters into their own hands?
I agree that government fails the populace, usually more times than not. But if you resort to or condone random acts of violence and sabotage, then you are no better than the dirtbag insurgents in Iraq doing the very same thing for the very same reasons. They kill school children and don't bat an eye. When some disgruntled American cuts the brake lines on a Mexican truck, which in turn wipes out a school bus and kills dozens of American children, will you be as apathetic as they are? Collateral damage is acceptable, then, to make the point? I don't know about you, but I find that postively disgusting.

That aside, the bottom line is simple. There are rules on this board...there are rules/laws to this country. If you don't like them, that's not my problem. While you are on this board, you will toe the line. I don't care if you are opinionated; as a matter of fact, we welcome it. I am opinionated, too, and you will find that I probably share the majority of your opinions regarding NAFTA and the like. But I don't need to be racist or threatening to get my point across. As far as what you do regarding the law of the land, that's your province. But I can all but guarantee that there are more than a few new lurkers on this board looking at the recent racist comments and overt threats and considering legal action. Not sure that's something I would want to gamble with.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Rookie

Flyer...

I'm not sure why your raining on me Flyer... I've never even come close to making any inappropiate comments. I've always thought my posts were reasoned and calm? I am just disappointed that you chose to admonish only one side when commenting about the racists posts made here?

I have never made any comment even suggesting that vandalism was acceptable and am disappointed and feel insulted you would accuse me of such? And who said I didn't like the rules? I'm not the one making the racist comments and suggeting vandalsim! I'm just the one pointing it out as wrong? You are preaching to the choir here. You are spilling on the wrong guy?

I don't know about all your posts but I don't have anything legal to worry about with regards to racists posts or overt threats?

I'm thinking your blowin your cork at the wrong guy and might want to consider reposting to those that apply?

And I'm not sure what it is I don't get?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I did admonish everybody.

Once more:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...hlight=#245236

And I never once indicated that you were the one posting racist comments and threats. For that matter, up until your recent post, I hadn't made comments really directed at anyone in particular, least of all you.

But my point stands. Racism and threats are not tolerated, regardless of who makes them. But if you condone them and remain apathetic to everything, then you are in the same boat in the long run.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
But my point stands. Racism and threats are not tolerated, regardless of who makes them. But if you condone them and remain apathetic to everything, then you are in the same boat in the long run.
Why tell me these things are not tolerated? I don't need that. Try posting to those that need a reminder and leave me out of it?

I condone them? What/who are you talking about? Again you might want to send that off to some other poster also?

Apathetic... me? You got the wrong guy again! I'm all about getting the news out and trying to change those policy's (and laws... NAFTA?) I disagree with and not just complain. Check my posts!

And yea , you admonished both racists posters in your red letter commentary but in your recent post above you only admonished the poster that made the WETBACK comment and didn't even mention the poster that made the GRINGOS slur? Why? Aren't BOTH equally offensive and deserving of equal condemnation?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member

No they are not equally offensive...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Then again, I find the word "Honkie" quite funny!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Rookie

You know this is really not a topic I am usually interested in wasting alot of time on, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer

...you'll see I encompassed BOTH sides of the coin. In addition, the poster you mentioned received a warning PM from me as well. I tolerate NO racist remarks from either side and I made that clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy

No they are not equally offensive...

Then again, I find the word "Honkie" quite funny!
It looks like someone didn't get that memo Flyer? So how does it work here...? Remember Orwells "Animal Farm?? "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"?

Surely we don't ban long time members just for a few hatefull racist comments.... do we?

WOW What a forum!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member

I think you may need to drag that gigantic wad of panties out of your crack..
Closed Thread