User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

After hours of writing on this board, I have finally come to a solution.

I'm moving to Mexico. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Well...Congress is whom you SHOULD be writting NOW !!!![/b] Nobody should wait to see the "effects" of this.
Congress is the ones pushing this...why call them? One of the reasons for outsourcing, not just in trucking, is that we Americans are spoiled. We don't want the manual labor jobs. We want to sit in nice cumfy airconditioned offices, doing nothing, and expecting the big paycheck. We live beyond our means using credit and then blame the economy. Of course, companies are going to find the cheapest labor pool, and hire them. Everyone on this board, if running his own company of any substantial size, would do exactly the same thing, and don't deny it. Now, I don't approve of outsourcing but we have brought some of this on ourselves. We have some folks who refuse to work for low wages because our government has such lenient welfare guidelines. Jobs are there but some think they are above working for minimum wage. Easier to stand in line at the welfare office and get the handout...why work? Outsourcing is just of the prices we pay for living in such a materialistic society.
You know Jim maybe it is that way in Nevada but there are allot of kids that would be willing to work for minimum wage but no longer have the opportunity. Now if you think that a man can support himself and a family living on minimum wage ....try it and let me know how it works out.

As far as the welfare line that is exactly what the wives of these people who are taking the low labor jobs are doing and claiming their umpteen children. I once saw with my own eyes years ago in a check cashing place in Canoga Park California a woman sent her entire welfare check to Mexico. Free housing....free medical...welfare and a husband to work under the table hey they are doing a heck of allot better than many young Americans. Please do not tell me you have not seen them with their food stamps in Nevada...I know better.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Quote:
Well...Congress is whom you SHOULD be writting NOW !!!![/b] Nobody should wait to see the "effects" of this.
Congress is the ones pushing this...why call them? One of the reasons for outsourcing, not just in trucking, is that we Americans are spoiled. We don't want the manual labor jobs. We want to sit in nice cumfy airconditioned offices, doing nothing, and expecting the big paycheck. We live beyond our means using credit and then blame the economy. Of course, companies are going to find the cheapest labor pool, and hire them. Everyone on this board, if running his own company of any substantial size, would do exactly the same thing, and don't deny it. Now, I don't approve of outsourcing but we have brought some of this on ourselves. We have some folks who refuse to work for low wages because our government has such lenient welfare guidelines. Jobs are there but some think they are above working for minimum wage. Easier to stand in line at the welfare office and get the handout...why work? Outsourcing is just of the prices we pay for living in such a materialistic society.
You know Jim maybe it is that way in Nevada but there are allot of kids that would be willing to work for minimum wage but no longer have the opportunity. Now if you think that a man can support himself and a family living on minimum wage ....try it and let me know how it works out.

As far as the welfare line that is exactly what the wives of these people who are taking the low labor jobs are doing and claiming their umpteen children. I once saw with my own eyes years ago in a check cashing place in Canoga Park California a woman sent her entire welfare check to Mexico. Free housing....free medical...welfare and a husband to work under the table hey they are doing a heck of allot better than many young Americans. Please do not tell me you have not seen them with their food stamps in Nevada...I know better.

Goin Fer It's Wife
I think you're completely full of it....
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Quote:

Goin Fer It's Wife
You can put a hundred different spins on the problem to make it seem however you want. But, the fact still remains that we have systems in place that make it more profitable for some folks to NOT work. That is undeniable. When a big majority of the unemployed refuse to work for minimum wage how do these jobs get done? The companies look elsewhere for its labor pool. Of course, they are doing this for profit as well. There is little loyalty and patriotism left in this country. The materialistic mindset is all about money. Now, couple that with the fact that we have a government that enables people to not work and this is one result. The business world is not just in the US, it's international. People seem to overlook this fact. I guess my point is it's not just about Mexicans driving trucks. The problem goes much deeper and has been ignored by politicians for decades. None of this should be a big surprise to anyone.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I guess my point is it's not just about Mexicans driving trucks. The problem goes much deeper and has been ignored by politicians for decades. None of this should be a big surprise to anyone.
Well you might be right about that this problem goes much deeper. However, much IS about Mexicans Driving Trucks in America. My company and many others have full inte tions of replacing 70% of the American driver workforce with Mexicans! Think I'm guessing? Read this article it will open everyone's eyes: Page 8.

http://tombstonetumbleweed.com/PDF_A...bleSep0105.pdf

And just because we have a global economy doesn't mean drivers (or anyone else) should have to compete with labor IN THIS COUNTRY from all over the world!

Remember it is AGINST THE LAW for foreignors to work in the US unless the job has been properly advertised and no American applied. Then and only then can the Foreignor apply for a H1B Visa. And if you think truck driving is a job Americans refuse to do you might want to mention that to the 300,000 Americans that call Driving their livelehood!

Driver Shortage, gotta have Mexicans because there is a driver shortage? HAH! Any industry that has 138% turnover rate has NO DRIVER SHORTAGE but an unwilliness to pay an appropiate wage. And that IS what this is all about.... the Major Carriers realized they need to pay the drivers more if they want to keep them... or... Bring in the Mexicans. They choose the Mexicans.

This NAFTA thin has got to be overturned as it relates to Mexico!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Right now there are trucking jobs that are advertised endlessly and the "Americans" dont want them. They are OTR trucking jobs. Ever hear of them?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Goin Fer It is right. Anyone who thinks differently is either living in a cardboard box or ignorant, because its happening right in front of me in Chicago. they pile 20 people in a 3 bedroom house, to the point where chicago PD does random house checks.

20 BILLINOIN dollars got sent over the border last year 9forgot where I got that quote from) all of American money. Now, if they kept the money in our economy, it would be all good.

$20 Billion is 25% of the funds congress had to generate a while back to fund Iraq ($80 billion).

If you want to come here, do it legally. Whats so hard about it?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Board Member

After they get soaked for the taxes that they pay working in these jobs, it's really none of anyone's business where they send the money. Should we be worried about where everyone else spends their money? The great story of the "illegal alien" sending her whole welfare check to mexico is also laughable and of course completely bigoted. The person who sent THEIR check to Mexico may in fact be an American. Of course that really doesnt matter to some busy body with an agenda now does it? We have allowed too many Good ole American leeches spend how much on boob jobs, Big Screen TV's and lap dances that I at least think its a bit refreshing that the money sent to mexico was probably a bit more well spend than the FEMA cash was.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
The great story of the "illegal alien" sending her whole welfare check to mexico is also laughable and of course completely bigoted.
Isn't this just typical Mexican hatred? Anytime any AMERICAN says anything about Mexicans taking their jobs or diverting their ill gotten gain back to Mexico THEY are bigoted? I think the mirror might help this poster understand that word a little better! And I thought this thread was suppossed to refrain from childish name calling?

Mexicans have NO BUSINESS being in the United States, they need to be back in Mexico, that's why it's called Meixico cause Mexicans live there! (or are supposed too!) If they want a better Job or better life they need to EFFORT IT IN MEXICO!

It is AGAISNT THE LAW, AGAINT THE LAW, for Mexicans to be working in the US, including their Drivers, unless they acquire a specific work Visa! Of course 25 million of them broke that law and are now criminals stealing jobs from AMERICANS.

Enough is enough, these Mexican trucks WILL NOT roll on American Highways!

Repeal NAFTA NOW! (The Mexican part anyway!)
Old 02-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKing2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
The great story of the "illegal alien" sending her whole welfare check to mexico is also laughable and of course completely bigoted.
Isn't this just typical Mexican hatred? Anytime any AMERICAN says anything about Mexicans taking their jobs or diverting their ill gotten gain back to Mexico THEY are bigoted? I think the mirror might help this poster understand that word a little better! And I thought this thread was suppossed to refrain from childish name calling?

Mexicans have NO BUSINESS being in the United States, they need to be back in Mexico, that's why it's called Meixico cause Mexicans live there! (or are supposed too!) If they want a better Job or better life they need to EFFORT IT IN MEXICO!

It is AGAISNT THE LAW, AGAINT THE LAW, for Mexicans to be working in the US, including their Drivers, unless they acquire a specific work Visa! Of course 25 million of them broke that law and are now criminals stealing jobs from AMERICANS.

Enough is enough, these Mexican trucks WILL NOT roll on American Highways!

Repeal NAFTA NOW! (The Mexican part anyway!)
Mexicans? What does an "illegal Mexican" look like? How about illegal Italians? illegal Japanese? What do illegal Kenyans look like? The problem with the "story" I was referring too was where based on looks alone, someone was deemed to be "illegal". How many people that look like "Mexicans" are and always have been just as if not more "American" than you are. The terroristic threats on this and the other threads about sabotaging Mexican based trucks is just cowardly and childish. I think any "american" convicted of sabotaging equipment of a Mexican national should be sentenced and serve their jail time in a Mexican prison...
Closed Thread