LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
PackRatTDI

Look if you think Mexico is so great why don't you move down there instead of having America become a third world country.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Look, I answered your question about illegal immigration in the hope that you wanted to have an intelligent, civil debate on the issue. However it's clear that you don't want to do so. So I'll leave you and roadking to come to whatever f*cking conclusion you want to.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKing2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
Don't need one, I'm born and raised in the USA, thank you very much.
This is what I'm talking about. This guy is born here but he is no American and never will be. He is Mexican full of hate for Americans! There are tens of millions just like him in this country flying our flag upside down, saying they want to ANNEX the Southwest to Mexico!. They are not Americans, they are the "enemy within"!

I would not be surprised if he is here on a pass. My step-dad is of Mexican descent and so was my best friend in school and most Americans including those of Mexican descent do not want what is going on. My step-dad calls them wet backs and does not want them invading the country.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Lets keep in mind there is nothing n Mexico that is not faked, forged, or obtained thru bribes (mordida’s) It’s part of their culture to forge or fake every piece of documentation possible. They think of it as being smarter than the next guy not as something criminal, wrong or deceitful.

Mexican “Authorities” (who are drug smugglers and criminals) are probably looking forward to all the new bribes they will be getting from Mexican drivers flush with pesos! Remember Mexico is a third world country and by definition a nation of illiterate peasants. That’s what it means to be “Third World”. They can barely read in their own language much less English signs!

Wait until you go to pick up a trailer at a drop yard in say Iowa and the glad hand seals are missing and the trailer taillights are gone! Also, remember many narcotics ARE LEGAL in Mexico, i.e.. Cocaine amphetamines, etc. No drug testing, no medicals checks, no background checks, no driving history checks, nothing! These guys are all going to be hopped up on something! And remember these Mexicans are driving for .09 to .15 cent per mile taking OUR 1500 mile loads!

This is what Mary Peters (Transportation Secretary) said from OOida’s website:

The inspection teams also will check whether drivers have a valid commercial driver’s license, have a current medical certificate and can comply with U.S. hours-of-service rules.

Hah! What a crock! Here’s OOida’s response:

“They can’t confirm whether they are safe or not. The documentation doesn’t exist on driver experience, drug testing or anything else,” OOIDA President Jim Johnston said.Spencer said not only are U.S. regulations on Americans more stringent in terms of verifying that a driver has been tested, but U.S. licenses can also be verified to show driving history, violations and compliance of any vehicle driven going back even a decade or longer. When enforcement officials run a Mexican CDL, the only information he can access will be that of previous operation in the U.S., not Mexico where a driver might have a rap sheet as along as your arm.

Mexico has never had specific drug testing regulations or hours-of-service rules for its drivers that could be verified or enforced and still doesn’t.“There is simply no way anyone can know whether a truck driver coming from Mexico entering the U.S. has been awake two hours or two weeks when they clear the border,” he said.

”This is a traitorous act by our president. I see rebellion, uprisings, and chaos in America’s future!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Look, y'all.

I don't have a problem with people crossing the boarder looking for work. If I was on the other side, I would too, and so would most of you. But that's NOT the problem as I see it.

The problem is the 100 trucking companies in Mexico being able to operate on US roads. Now, we all know that those trucking companies are sponsored by American trucking companies....Anybody know of a few? So now these companies have a unlimited resource at a very cheap price. All they have to offer is the ability to work in the US......most Mexican drivers would jump at the chance, even at .15 per mile. And you can bet they will run teams.

This is what bothers us all. So how can we stop it?

Bottom line. It's your paycheck. And it is a war. This is what it is going to take before it stops.

Or change careers, and go into something that the US won't import a cheaper person to do.

Choice is yours.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
    '

Old 02-25-2007, 11:50 PM

I sincerely hope that everyone calls their reps and senators and complain about this. Addtionally, please sign the online petitions against this.

PLEASE do not waste your time with Packrat and his nonsense. He eventually calls anyone that disagrees with him a racist.

Call your representatives and senators tomorrow. I will.
    Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 AM
    Senior Board Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweepwing
    PLEASE do not waste your time with Packrat and his nonsense. He eventually calls anyone that disagrees with him a racist.

Call your representatives and senators tomorrow. I will.
    I only referred to the derrogatory remarks Roadking made on another forum as being racist. Please do not distort the facts.

Thank you.
    Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 AM
    Senior Board Member

I saw this post....it's already started.....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scania
    How worried should the American truck driver be about cheap Mexican drivers,I heard Celadon is seriously looking at outsourcing their drivers
    Mexican Drivers
    Arguments against opening the border to Mexican trucks (and drivers) includes the fear that Mexican drivers will take American jobs.
    Celadon to Utilize Mexican Drives to Save Money
    (Indianapolis-November 22, 2004) -- Like many Hoosier manufacturers that go outside the country looking for cheaper labor, a local trucking company is about to utilize Mexican truck drivers to save money and boost its earnings in the future.

The move could increase Celadon Trucking's profits by as much as 80 cents a share within the next two years, according to President Thomas Glaser.

Glaser said the U.S. Dept. of Transportation is about to lift regulations that have previously restricted Mexican truckers from driving farther than 20 miles into the U.S. The rule has forced truckers to switch loads coming from Mexico with Mexican drivers, to trucks driven by American drivers, adding significantly to their expenses.

Celedon just comes out and says it, we're going to use them and we're going to make money because of the cheaper labor costs. The fear that Mexican drivers will take American jobs I think is a valid fear and not just propaganda put out by the union. American drivers that now haul stuff either directly from Mexico or from just across the border to it's final destination in the US will be replaced if Celedon gets it's wish.
    Trucking firms like Celadon say they will save money and operate more efficiently with the restriction gone.[/url]

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
    '

Old 02-26-2007, 12:58 AM

ok,sorry just stumbled on it and it is an eye opener.....
    Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 AM
    Senior Board Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cluggy619
    It means doing damage to trucks from Mexico. Flat tires, kingpins pulled, brakes out of adjustment, cut airlines, etc. If it's too expensive to run their trucks here, they will stop.
    :shock: Dude! Those kinds of actions could unintentionally kill others on the road, maybe even you or your family. That's a little over the top.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
    Senior Board Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cluggy619
    Here's what pisses me off on that.

Some A$$HOLE approved to allowed 100 Mexican companies to roam here in the USA, while we have to wait to be approved to roam in Mexico.

What G@d D&mm F#cking Slut Wh@rebag of a F#cking G@d D&mm Administration decided that this was a good idea?

I'll tell you. Those that the big companies here are sponsoring. This is nothing more than a ploy to lower truck drivers wages. That's it. Nothing more.

What can you do about it?

Stop working for those companies.

And by the way......it's dangerous on US roads....anything can happen to those Mexican rigs...... :twisted: :twisted:
    Exactly. Stop working for these companies. It's sad but we have more power than you would think.
    Closed Thread