User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 04:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default North korea

North korea has nukes blam BILL CLINTON .
Old 10-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Huh????
Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Senior Board Member

What does a dope smoking guy in a band have to do with North Korea having a nuke. Oh wait, I was thinking of George Clinton. Come to think of it I have never seen George and Bill in the same place. Clark Kent and Superman either.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:13 AM
Board Regular

north korea has a nuke blame USSR. Its the age we live in. Come on before its said and done Etheopia will have nukes. Nuclear technology is just that, technology. Sooner or later you get the technology. Besides that I dont fear NK having nukes, it who they give it to. You know the first one they are going to give it to is a terrorist, then NK looks innocent.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedb28
north korea has a nuke blame USSR. Its the age we live in. Come on before its said and done Etheopia will have nukes. Nuclear technology is just that, technology. Sooner or later you get the technology. Besides that I dont fear NK having nukes, it who they give it to. You know the first one they are going to give it to is a terrorist, then NK looks innocent.
The Clinton administration did contribute nuclear technology to them, as well as rocketry technology.

You are right though, they aren't interested in using one (unless it is against South Korea). They fund their economy by developing and selling arms. I'd be more concerned about them selling warheads to Iran.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
The Clinton administration did contribute nuclear technology to them, as well as rocketry technology.

You are right though, they aren't interested in using one (unless it is against South Korea). They fund their economy by developing and selling arms. I'd be more concerned about them selling warheads to Iran.

Also it really isn't "Just" a technology. It is incredibly complicated. Look at Iran, they've had the plans on what to do to develop a nuclear warhead for many years now and they still haven't been able to pull it off. North Korea has had the plans even longer and they are just now starting to be able to do testing.

In other words it isn't a natural progression. You have to really want and be dedicated to developing these weapons, and in doing so you face UN sanctions and every thing else.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Board Regular

Do you think after all this time (60 years) that we are the only ones smart enough to make a nuclear bomb? It is complicated, its very complicated I agree. Do you think we were the first to devolop alot of weaponry? Germans made the first tanks, the first rockets, the first jets. But we have that technology too now. But it was ok for us to get that technology from them because we whooped their a$$ in wwII right? And I understand what you are trying to say but about Clinton. But it was not North Korea that was the issue back then, It was CHINA. And it was an informant inside a base giving out secrets not Clinton selling them wittingly.
You may think this is crazy, Im more worried about our equipment being in iraq. Take the abrams tank for instance (Im an ex abrams mechanic so I know what Im talking about here). No other country has figured out what it takes to bust into the armor. Well, it may or may not be happening but it makes it easier for other countries to do an "insurgent" attack and see if any new technology breaks through the armor. And it is happening, and our government is keeping it hush hush.

Back to issue. Id like to know if you think Clinton knew that guy was selling those secrets to china? Id think if Clinton knew anything about it, the Republicans and the rest of America would have nailed him for treason as the one who sold those secrets was nailed for. I know its just easier for people to blame a politician.

Politics to me really sucks because Im not a dem or gop. I hate them both and I like them both. I dont like to take sides because both sides are wrong and right to me. I find good in Bush and bad as well with Clinton. But the bad and good I have found IS NOT because of their political party, its them as individuals. So you can tell me how great each party is because you believe in that party. I just wish theyd disband both parties and make each person independents so we could end the bullsh#$ and start looking at individual beliefs of that person. Thats why people hate talking politics with me around. Bush works really hard to get things done that are good for the country. But Clinton is also an extremely intelligent man. I was never impressed with Clinton until I read his book. I was impressed with bush until Iraq began and thats where I clashed with him. It made no sense to me because we just got into Afganistan and now he wanted a piece of Iraq. As a former soldier, I saw the depletion of forces coming the day we went into Iraq as did probably every veteran.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Do you think after all this time (60 years) that we are the only ones smart enough to make a nuclear bomb? It is complicated, its very complicated I agree. Do you think we were the first to devolop alot of weaponry? Germans made the first tanks, the first rockets, the first jets. But we have that technology too now. But it was ok for us to get that technology from them because we whooped their a$$ in wwII right? And I understand what you are trying to say but about Clinton. But it was not North Korea that was the issue back then, It was CHINA. And it was an informant inside a base giving out secrets not Clinton selling them wittingly.
You may think this is crazy, Im more worried about our equipment being in iraq. Take the abrams tank for instance (Im an ex abrams mechanic so I know what Im talking about here). No other country has figured out what it takes to bust into the armor. Well, it may or may not be happening but it makes it easier for other countries to do an "insurgent" attack and see if any new technology breaks through the armor. And it is happening, and our government is keeping it hush hush.

Back to issue. Id like to know if you think Clinton knew that guy was selling those secrets to china? Id think if Clinton knew anything about it, the Republicans and the rest of America would have nailed him for treason as the one who sold those secrets was nailed for. I know its just easier for people to blame a politician.

Politics to me really sucks because Im not a dem or gop. I hate them both and I like them both. I dont like to take sides because both sides are wrong and right to me. I find good in Bush and bad as well with Clinton. But the bad and good I have found IS NOT because of their political party, its them as individuals. So you can tell me how great each party is because you believe in that party. I just wish theyd disband both parties and make each person independents so we could end the bullsh#$ and start looking at individual beliefs of that person. Thats why people hate talking politics with me around. Bush works really hard to get things done that are good for the country. But Clinton is also an extremely intelligent man. I was never impressed with Clinton until I read his book. I was impressed with bush until Iraq began and thats where I clashed with him. It made no sense to me because we just got into Afganistan and now he wanted a piece of Iraq. As a former soldier, I saw the depletion of forces coming the day we went into Iraq as did probably every veteran.
I'm not talking about stolen nuclear secrets, I'm talking about the nuclear power technology that North Korea promised to use only for power plants.

I don't think Clinton is a traitor. I am a Republican and while I don't think Clinton did a very good job as president, he didn't really do anything wrong either (other than his sex scandal). He just wanted his presidency to leave a legacy. In order to get that legacy he tried to make as few decisions as possible so no one would get pissed at him. I admire Bush even though I disagree with him on a lot of items. He sticks to his guns and doesn't care what the media is saying about him. Clinton ONLY cared what the media had to say about him.

Also tank, rocket, and jet development is a lot different than nuclear technology. I'm not saying that it is impossible for any nation to build a nuke, (nor am I saying that they aren't smart enough)I'm just saying that it is very difficult. This makes North Korea's nuclear program an even bigger threat because it would be far easier for hostile nations to BUY nuclear warheads from North Korea than to develop them themselves.

And while none of these countries posses the rocket technology to build a ICBM, they could easily mount them on a freighter and launch at coastal cities. I don't think most of the population realizes how vulnerable we are to nuclear attack. Which is why it is absolutely critical that we keep nuclear technology out of the hands of these countries. Mutually assured destruction worked against the USSR because they didn't want to die. The president of Iran has said that he believes that if they bring about the apocalypse (by destroying Israel with nuclear weapons) that Allah will return and they will all go to heaven. This is why the mutually assured destruction argument (which I've heard people make the case for in regards to Iran and nukes) doesn't work with these people.

The other fear I have is a nuclear warhead being detonated in one of our cities. Do you think our modern politicians have the stomach to say "Okay, since you started it we're going to launch a nuclear weapon at you?".

While I understand China hates us, I think they realize at this point in time their economy depends on ours, so hopefully they are able to reign North Korea in. Although in the future (decades from now) I could see North Korea and China teaming up against us militarily.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Board Regular

China is sitting back and collecting our money from their exports. They dont help their own people nor anyone else. Chinas government has more money than our government. I know most Americans have a hard time swallowing that fact, but if you consider that China is a communist country and all items sold by China isnt by individual owners but the government, you can figure out real quick their money is limitless.
We are giving away our country to china dollar by dollar, by a simple trade deficit. It started yrs ago, little by little. But we have to do something about it NOW. We buy more goods from a communist country than our own country and that is the sad truth. America has made China a superpower. If we bought goods from USSR in the 60s thru the 80s like we do china now, do you think their government would have collapsed? NOO!
But as far as the armor piercing technology goes. If a country can beat us on a battlefield, they dont need nukes and thats the war most countries want. And if they can beat our tanks and take out our jets first, we lose. If a country wants to take over the world, the first country they will attack is the United States. If we fall, all others will follow suit.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
China is sitting back and collecting our money from their exports. They dont help their own people nor anyone else. Chinas government has more money than our government. I know most Americans have a hard time swallowing that fact, but if you consider that China is a communist country and all items sold by China isnt by individual owners but the government, you can figure out real quick their money is limitless.
We are giving away our country to china dollar by dollar, by a simple trade deficit. It started yrs ago, little by little. But we have to do something about it NOW. We buy more goods from a communist country than our own country and that is the sad truth. America has made China a superpower. If we bought goods from USSR in the 60s thru the 80s like we do china now, do you think their government would have collapsed? NOO!
But as far as the armor piercing technology goes. If a country can beat us on a battlefield, they dont need nukes and thats the war most countries want. And if they can beat our tanks and take out our jets first, we lose. If a country wants to take over the world, the first country they will attack is the United States. If we fall, all others will follow suit.
I agree with you 100%. I think it is obvious the way China is buying US interests they aim to cause economic collapse and then follow suit with possible military action. They figure the USSR failed because economically we were superior to the USSR. China is going to be a REALLY big problem in the next 50-100 years if we don't stop letting them manipulate our economy.