Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   I'm BAAAAACK!!!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/44832-im-baaaaack.html)

wimpy 07-17-2014 11:01 PM

I'm BAAAAACK!!!!!

It's been about 4 long years since I logged onto CAD last. I'm doing good though. Back in 2010 my friend convinced me to pack up and leave the nice and toasty weather in Phoenix and head to Boomtown (Williston) USA!!! Didn't have much going on so I said sure why not go get my piece of the pie. I got a job real quick with a small company hauling production water from the wellsites. Well the money was not only good for me at $27/hr but for my boss also. So at the end of 2011 he buys a couple crude tankers and yours truly gets his turn to haul as I call it "ND tea"! Long story short I lived it up for 3 1/2 years and made almost exactly $295,000 in just those 3 years! So ya for all you wondering...the money is there you just gotta work for it. Let me tell you, I thought I was a decent truck driver! Well ND will humble you in a quick second and it humbled me in my 1st night out on my own after training!!!! How I'm here today baffles me but I thank the big man for it. I went up there like everyone else-for the money and to gain tanker experience as I've always wanted to haul fuel. About a year and a half ago they built a Loves T/S up there and they snatched me up before I could even ask how much I will make. I made it through my last winter which just passed and I had about enough of old man winter in ND. So I got me a transfer to the beautiful state of Texas and moved down here back in March and have been loving every second and every gallon of sweat I produce!!!! It's taking me some time to get used to this humidity but I'll take it anytime over ND's -45 degree winters!!! Life is good, life is good. So hey to all that remember me and a hello and good to meet all the new CAD members. Also I'd like to say good job to all CAD personnel, the site looks beautiful! Keep up the great job! Well I'm gonna go haul me some ethanol now so hammer to the pedal and the floor to the hammer...or something like that😝

Roadhog 07-18-2014 09:17 PM

Welcome back, Wimpy.
I hope with the transfer, you can still get paid on Tuesdays.

glad you survived last winter in N.D., but don't know how you can go from that to Texas.
I don't know of any animals that can do that. :p Your last sentence sounds, like you may be going into shock. ;)

I've seen this before.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and10/egg7.jpg

wimpy 07-19-2014 09:27 AM

Road hog, funny you say hope I can still get paid on Tuesday. Well Tuesdays are the end of my weekly pay period so ya I guess I do get paid on Tuesdays in a way. As for moving down here after being in the frozen tundra....it's definitely taking some getting used to just like it took some getting used to the ND ball chattering cold! I think I'm still thawing out though but like I said I'm really enjoying it here.

Roadhog 07-19-2014 12:32 PM

You seem to be back in your element, so to speak.
I was brought up in the north, and love the winters, especially now that I'm retired.

I spend much of my time in a vacation cabin, right on the lake. :)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...pse7c631c3.jpg

WildK9 07-21-2014 12:42 AM

Welcome back wimpy!

Where in Texas? Any chance it's DFW? If not, have you ever been to any racks around the DFW area?

K9

Roadhog 07-21-2014 12:58 AM

Wabbit just moved to Dallas :)

I hope it's cooler than Wichita Falls

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...10/onebeer.jpg

WildK9 07-21-2014 01:00 AM

Lol he's slinging groceries tho. I'm getting too old for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadhog 07-21-2014 01:10 AM

yeah… that's what happened to
Twilight, Ridge Runner, Windwalker, and a few others…
at the Moose Lodge :D

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d10/wtbnew.jpg

WildK9 07-21-2014 01:33 AM

Ah, so that's where they went.

GMAN 07-21-2014 01:41 AM

I don't think that I could take the cold in North Dakota all the time. I have enjoyed all the cold from that part of the world just passing through. I would not want to do it with a steady diet. There are some good paying oil field jobs in west Texas and further south in the Lone Star. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying Texas. It does get pretty cold in the panhandle and around the Metroplex, but nothing nearly as cold as North Dakota.

wimpy 07-23-2014 08:34 PM

DABinTX..thankyou very much! I actually live in San Antonio now. Like I said I'm loving it here!!! Seems like they always got something going on from the Spurs winning the championship all the way to a good ol' farmers market. Lots of racks down here to load at, took me about a month to finally get carded in all of them! For the most part they got me hauling ethanol which is about as easy as it comes.

wimpy 07-23-2014 08:47 PM

GMAN I can thoroughly understand about the cold. I have no intentions ever going anywhere north of Oklahoma ever again....we'll see how long that lasts! I enjoyed ND for a while, it was a "breath of fresh air" so to speak just because I needed a break from the big city life. At the same time though I missed the big city. Up there we don't have the simple things a big city has like Taco Bell, Del Taco, 3d/IMAX theatres, Del Taco, good looking women, Texas Roadhouse oh and did I mention Del Taco???😁 don't get me wrong you can find some of those places in ND but you'll have to definitely travel a ways to get there. I would like to consider myself a "fair weather" driver but the weather and bad conditions always seems to find me so I kinda had no choice but to suck it up and get experienced in the cold/ice and snow. I learned a quick lesson my 1st week in ND!!! I had no idea steel can get so cold it'll burn your skin like a hot stove! There I was chaining up and I had one little spot on my wrist not covered by glove or jacket and I somehow touched it on the frame of the truck, 15 mins later when I'm done chaining and in the warm truck I couldn't figure out why my skin was turning purple! Finally donned on me I must of touched the frame and it was easily -40 outside so it simply burned me. Anyways thanks all and I'm glad to be back!

GMAN 07-24-2014 01:42 AM

We are glad to have you back, Wimpy. In fact, we are glad to have several of our older members checking back with the forum. It is great to hear what you and some of the others have been doing. It can get pretty hot around San Antonio, but I can deal with the heat much more easily than the minus zero cold. I have spent a lot of years fighting the cold and snow. I will take the warmer climate any time. But, I tend to follow the rates, regardless of where they take me. San Antonio is a nice place. Like you say, there is always something going on in the area.

WildK9 07-26-2014 10:28 PM

wimpy, I hear ya buddy! I just finished my 5th week and have 8 cards. Only one to go. Some racks up here drag their feet. I work for UPT. We have a yard down there. You might know some of our drivers.

wimpy 07-27-2014 07:49 PM

DABinTX, I sure do know some of the drivers from UPT. For the most part I know more of the O/O's. Seems like they haul most of the ethanol loads for UPT. Great bunch of guys!

golfhobo 07-28-2014 07:54 PM

Welcome back, Wimpy! And, of course, good to see K9 still hanging with us! I was ALL set to go up there and make my (retirement) fortune... until you mentioned throwing IRON! Might have to see what's available in the West Texas oilpatch! I don't have any "ties," so.... I'm ready to spend a year or two toughing it out for a retirement "nut." (besides.... west texas is closer to my daughter and grandkiddos!)

golfhobo 07-28-2014 07:56 PM

Hey, GMAN.... Can you get DABinTX his old username of K9 back? He's kinda freakin' me out!

WildK9 07-29-2014 01:03 PM

Yes wimpy, they get most of the ethanol loads up here too.

Hobo, good to see you brother! I could get my old username back, if I remembered the password. Maybe GMAN could email it to me. I can't recover it because I deleted my old email account a few years ago. I mean, who still uses yahoo mail? [emoji12]

GMAN 07-30-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABinTX (Post 531522)
Yes wimpy, they get most of the ethanol loads up here too.

Hobo, good to see you brother! I could get my old username back, if I remembered the password. Maybe GMAN could email it to me. I can't recover it because I deleted my old email account a few years ago. I mean, who still uses yahoo mail? [emoji12]

Let me see what I can do. Usually, we can merge a couple of accounts together. It has been a while since I have done it. I will check it out, guys.

GMAN 07-30-2014 12:15 AM

If you want to email or pm me your new email address, I can change it for you under your old name. That should enable you to change your password under the old name. Just let me know.

WildK9 07-30-2014 08:20 AM

Thanks GMAN! I'll pm you tonight when I get home.

golfhobo 08-11-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildK9 (Post 531522)
I mean, who still uses yahoo mail? [emoji12]

Um.... ME? lol.

wimpy 08-18-2014 07:52 PM

Golfhobo- if you plan on hauling crude oil or even working in the oilfield up there you'll definitely be throwing iron! Most of the oil rigs and various wellsites are on some back roads that either the oil companies have made or farmer John gave the oil company permission to use. Some of these roads have no business having a big rig on them especially weighing upward of 105k lbs. My gf called them pig trails but I never saw any pigs using them.....go figure! When I first got up there in winter of 2010 there were nights I had to chain up 4-5 times in a 12 hr shift just to get into a oil rig site, their access roads are usually the last thing they worry about once their drilling for that oil. So needless to say you gotta do what you gotta do to get in that site. Been pulled up 10% grade fully chained by a front loader because there's no possible way a truck could even come close to getting up that hill. Like I tell everyone....the money is great!!!! But your definitely gonna work for it, it's not just handed to you. I wouldn't discourage anyone from going up there and trying to improve theirself. I did, made me a better driver and got lots of experience I would of never got down here in the south. I learned lots of stuff about trucks and how things work. Now that I'm down here in south texas they do have oilfields here too! I think the only thing you'd have to deal with down here is the heat. Nothing a little hydration couldn't handle. Well I'm off to work now, hope everyone's staying busy!

Twilight Flyer 08-22-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 531450)
yeah… that's what happened to
Twilight, Ridge Runner, Windwalker, and a few others…
at the Moose Lodge :D

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d10/wtbnew.jpg

I busted out. ;)

Roadhog 08-22-2014 09:22 PM

HEY TWILIGHT! :D

Good to see you back, and there is so much to catch up on.
I hope you are doing great.

I still like to PARTY! :)….. and by party I mean… take naps.

Twilight Flyer 08-22-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 531838)
HEY TWILIGHT! :D

Good to see you back, and there is so much to catch up on.
I hope you are doing great.

I still like to PARTY! :)….. and by party I mean… take naps.

Doing well, Hogster. But oh so busy. 4 kids out of school now and into or getting into college...3 to go. 3 books out...another one in editing with my publisher. And of course, still living to good life in the trucking industry. :) I do love what I do and unless Peter Jackson comes knocking on my door with a 7 or 8 digit movie offer, I'll be doing this until I retire.

Roadhog 08-23-2014 02:33 PM

I sure do miss you and Ridge crime fighting here.

Maybe you and RR could team up again, eh? :) Hobo is totally out of control. :roll3:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...r-heroes22.jpg

​……………………………...Twilight Flyer & Ridge Runner

Roadhog 08-23-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer (Post 531840)
Doing well, Hogster. But oh so busy. 4 kids out of school now and into or getting into college...3 to go. 3 books out...another one in editing with my publisher. And of course, still living to good life in the trucking industry. :) I do love what I do and unless Peter Jackson comes knocking on my door with a 7 or 8 digit movie offer, I'll be doing this until I retire.

I got my copy of Hade's Gambit, the day you told me it was ready to order, and remember anxiously waiting for it to come out, …………….finally. :p

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...n-superman.jpg

That was such a great story, and I've been meaning to get Rise of Cain.

I would love this to make the big screen! …. and I would also like to get a part in it, so Shania can see me in action. :cool:

Is the 3rd book you mention you have published,

Sadistic Shorts - Tales from the Devil's Drawers ?? ( <<<<< I see what you did there
:D )

Can you give me the address again to order the books? Thanks!
I don't use Kindle, and prefer the paperbacks. :)

mitchno1 08-24-2014 05:13 AM

roady both Shania and peter Jackson now New Zealanders so you and your yankie mates be dreaming.remember we a day ahead so no use trying to change anything

Roadhog 08-25-2014 08:35 AM

Mitch, Shania was born Eilleen Regina Edwards.
Even though she deserves it, for not returning my calls, I won't make jokes of Eilleen Regina. :) ….and you know i want to. :D

Twilight Flyer 08-25-2014 12:50 PM

Hog, you can order them right off of Amazon or Barnes and Noble...all three formats available: e-book, hard and soft cover.

Yes, Sadistic Shorts is Book #3, although it's a collaboration. Some seriously dark stuff in there. :)

Book #4 is in editing.