Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Looks like the honeymoon is over (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/44605-looks-like-honeymoon-over.html)

repete 03-18-2014 05:28 PM

Looks like the honeymoon is over

I've been with Crete for 7years (next month) and it might be time to leave. For the most part I've been happy but the last few years I've been trying to sqeeze a raise out of them and haven't had much luck. I started with them running the 48 and quickly found a dedacaited account that paid by the run and got me home every day.The gross pay was more than what I was makeing OTR (for the most part) even tho when broken down to per-mile it was a little less than the OTR pay. Well in the years since my OTR scale has gon up quite abit but my per run pay has stayed the same. It took me a long time to get my manager reilize that the .01 they gave me last year added up to less than $6.00 for the whole years cause I get paid by the run not miles!! The only time I do get paid per mile is to go to the terminal. So if you add that up for last year it would be aprox. $1300. Now Crete has put out a .02 raise for OTR BUT NOT DEDACAITED drivers, so there goes the $1300 plus another $2600! Add on top of that I lost my free parking space (had it for over 6 yrs) and now I'm paying $100 a month to park Crete's truck and they don't reimburse for parking. Nothing like loseing out and spending four grand a year! So yeah I'm bent and have let John (manager) and Ton know how I feel and more or less go a brush off.

Rant over.

mndriver 03-18-2014 06:09 PM

and that should surprise you why?

Sorry to hear it ol' man.

Roadhog 03-18-2014 11:47 PM

Sorry m8.
Hope you can get them to better terms. Stay tough. :mad:

repete 03-19-2014 06:48 PM

Thanks guy's. I really thought I'd found my "home'' , guess not! I'm looking into a few places around here.
My BIL has been trying to get me into a local gig here thats a union shop, I have mixed feeling on that.
I may go a complete different direction, who knows?

mndriver 03-19-2014 07:03 PM

I realize it's not for everyone, but my own truck and authority were the best thing I ever did for our family.

Useless 03-19-2014 07:49 PM

Why mixed feelings about the union shop??

Mr. Ford95 03-19-2014 09:12 PM

IIRC repete isn't a fan of union's.

Good luck with the future, hope it's still driving!

GMAN 03-20-2014 12:38 AM

Sometimes change is necessary. I am sorry to hear that things are not working out with Crete, as planned. I am sure you will find something that fits your needs. Do you need to be home more frequently? If not, you can always go otr. You have enough experience that you should be able to go anywhere you wish.

repete 03-21-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 529817)
IIRC repete isn't a fan of union's.

You got it! I've never been a union member so I don't know for sure what it's like but I'm the kind of guy that instead of waiting for a mechanic to fix a light I'll do it myself and union guy's frown on that stuff.

repete 03-21-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 529822)
Do you need to be home more frequently? If not, you can always go otr. You have enough experience that you should be able to go anywhere you wish.

I'm already home daily and weekends so unless I work from home I really can't get much more home time! :) I am looking into a estimate review job that would be from home but I'm not sure I really want to hang up my keys, but it sure would be nice to set my own hours!