Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   NON CDL Driver (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/44545-non-cdl-driver.html)

Afreund 02-17-2014 11:05 PM

NON CDL Driver

NON C.D. L. DRIVER

I am a non cdl driver looking for work. I have a clean driving record.
I have many years of experiance in the Auto Transport industry as a dispatcher. I have worked for Brokers
as well as actual transport companys
I have been driving privately owned vehicles locally as well as long distance (Sno-Birds) for 30 years.
I am willing to drive anything, anywhere, anytime as long as it is NON CDL Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might I might find some full time work Any help would be greatly appreciated
Impeccable References and Resume provided upon request..
Please contact me at [email protected]

Thank You

Mr. Ford95 02-18-2014 08:51 PM

I think you'd be looking for a company where they have box trucks. UPS/FedEx come to mind for home/business delivery in their smaller trucks. Maybe a furniture company locally to you has some smaller delivery trucks that don't have air brakes or 26,001 lb and up GVWR.

Roadhog 02-18-2014 09:03 PM

Still going to need a CDL, at least a Chauffeur license. :)
I think they require a med card too.

Malaki86 02-20-2014 12:06 AM

I did Fed/Ex Home Delivery - it requires a Class D, at the minimum. I was driving a Chevrolet 2500 van.

Mr. Ford95 02-20-2014 09:05 PM

Which is a regular license non-CDL. I used to drive my company's 1978 flatbed straight truck all the time before I got my CDL. It was GVWR for less than 26,001 and had hydraulic brakes, never had a problem with police.

Malaki86 02-20-2014 11:40 PM

A Class E is regular, non-cdl. Class D is small vehicle (such as the delivery van I drove) with hydraulic brakes.

Quote:

[TABLE="class: tableTwo"]
[TR="class: tableTwoTableOddRow, bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol, colspan: 2"][TABLE="class: tableTwo"]
[TR="class: tableTwoTableOddRow"]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol, colspan: 2"]CDL Classes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tableTwoTableEvenRow, bgcolor: #E3E3E3"]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol"]A[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableLastCol"]Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicles being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol"]B[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableLastCol"]Any single vehicle with the gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tableTwoTableEvenRow, bgcolor: #E3E3E3"]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol"]C[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableLastCol"]Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 26,001 pounds or any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a gross weight not in excess of 10,000 pounds comprising: a.)Vehicles designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver; and b.) Vehicles used in the transportation of hazardous materials which the vehicle is to be placards under 49 CFR, Part 172, sub-part F. (Class C must have either passenger or hazardous material endorsement or both.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableFirstCol"]D[/TD]
[TD="class: tableTwoTableLastCol"]Non Commercial Vehicles for Hire[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

http://www.transportation.wv.gov/dmv...s/default.aspx

Mr. Ford95 02-21-2014 09:26 PM

Mal, looks like it's different from state to state. I now in VA we have no Class D or E. You either have an A, B or C for Commercial purposes, C being anything that doesn't fall under an A or B license that hauls Haz-Mat. Outside of the CDL classes, we only have M for Motorcycle license and L for Learners. So in VA you'd be legal with a regular drivers license driving a vehicle with hydraulic brakes and under 26,001 pounds.