Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   It's good to be back! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/44330-its-good-back.html)

WildK9 11-14-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 527723)
Hey WildK9. Sorry I'm popping in late to the thread by a few weeks, been awful busy at work and now that I have a little mini-me scooching around I barely have any free time to simply sit down. Dunno if you know it or not but the original owners of the site sold out while you were gone. It's now run by a group out of Cali. Some of the changeovers that went on drove some of posters out of here. Of course a Politics section was brought into existence because it kept cluttering all the other sections up. That section has turned some folks off also. You find out a lot about folks here when you dip into politics. It also didn't help that there was a certain poster who became moderator and proceeded to rule with an iron fist which drove away a whole lot of posters during his reign, many of who never have returned.

Stay safe out there.

Hey buddy! Any possibilty that it was Rev.? (don't have to answer that, just my guess lol)
Politics huh? Yeah, I can see that. Pretty sad, considering how popular this forum was.

It's good to hear from some familiar peeps. Still surprised that Roadhog hasn't made his trademark funny appearance. Or maybe Hobo, Jackrabbit379, many others...

By the way, I understand being busy. I train drivers often, so I get a little extra time in the jump seat.

Thanks for posting and saying hi. :)

WildK9 11-14-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 527724)
He is now gone and we take a pretty relaxed view of things these days. Welcome back to the forum. At one point things did get a bit tense, but most of us are pretty laid bak. We still have quite a few reading and checking out posts, but not nearly as many posters as a few years ago. We still see some, such as yourself, checking back into the site. We also had a women's section, but that didn't seem to last very long. Don't be shy about posting and invite some of your friends back, if you run into any of them.

Hello GMAN! I'm just glad to see that it's got some life to it. I suggest the site to many truckers, even former CAD folk, like irocubabe, whom I live near and chat with pretty regularly on twitter. It might help if it was a Tapatalk forum. I have another forum that has Tapatalk, which makes it easier for me to check/post conveniently through my phone. (it's in my profile - they are a huge support forum for quitting smoking) Proudly, I've been smoke-free since 10/2/13.

Glad to hear from you, G! I used to really enjoy reading all your well thought out, informative posts!

golfhobo 11-18-2013 03:37 PM

Hiya! WildK9!! Glad to see you back. Sorry so late, but it's ONLY been two weeks since you showed up, and I sometimes go that long without checking in anymore. I got a bit burned out due to the constant attacks on Obama.

Also, I spend a lot more time on Facebook these days since making contact with my long lost daughter (see my thread under the family forum.)

Not trying to heap any blame on YOUR shoulders, lol.... but, one reason it slowed down a lot in here is that you and several others stopped participating! Wabbit is still around, but just went to Georgia on vacation and has a kid now, too! Roadhog comes and goes depending on his health... which is not so good. I'm sure he'll be back... but, may not recognize your new login.

Really good to see you again. Don't give up on us.

Hobo

freebirdrfd 11-18-2013 06:11 PM

I usualy check in every day or two, but it seems like there usually isn't much happening on here anymore

WildK9 11-19-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 527774)
Hiya! WildK9!! Glad to see you back. Sorry so late, but it's ONLY been two weeks since you showed up, and I sometimes go that long without checking in anymore. I got a bit burned out due to the constant attacks on Obama.

No problem, buddy. It is good to hear from you.

Quote:

Also, I spend a lot more time on Facebook these days since making contact with my long lost daughter (see my thread under the family forum.)
Yeah, I saw your thread. That is awesome! I am happy for you.

Quote:

Not trying to heap any blame on YOUR shoulders, lol.... but, one reason it slowed down a lot in here is that you and several others stopped participating! Wabbit is still around, but just went to Georgia on vacation and has a kid now, too! Roadhog comes and goes depending on his health... which is not so good. I'm sure he'll be back... but, may not recognize your new login.
You can blame my wife (fiancee' at the time), twitter, and my busy schedule, for MY absence. LOL! Now that we're good and settled, I am back, although I still frequent twitter more. (more convenient, unless they'd put this forum on Tapatalk :) )

Quote:

Really good to see you again. Don't give up on us.

Hobo
I plan on checking this forum regularly again. Enjoy the 19th hole, buddy!

WildK9 11-19-2013 12:03 PM

Hey freebird. It's good to see you, man.

Roadhog 11-20-2013 03:44 PM

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and10/0268.jpg
​(stagger-stagger SWAGGER…stagger-stagger-stumble)

​(leans in to speak… stinks of a fish…me thinks)

Garrrh m8! (wheeee-UUUU bad breath too)
I hear Texan's drawl have won the best North American accent… ya you betcha, but I wouldn't know aboot that, eh… :) ya bunch of hosers. :roll3:

I'm retired now, and spend much of my time fishing. I'm not hunting this year, but hope to next year, if I keep recuperating from a long illness.
I put my bigger fishing boat up for the winter, but I still have a small 12' aluminum row boat I can easily put in the back of my pickup, and launch.
I'll use the little row boat right up to first ice.

I bought this ATV to make hunting and fishing easier. This will get me and my gear out on the ice this winter.
This is a Richard Petty special edition model, 500 H.O. 4x4, has a winch and a hitch too for hauling out ice shanty's. :cool:
Easy to load this in the back of my pickup, with most any ditch/mound to get my tailgate closer to the ground.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps4de974a6.jpg

mitchno1 11-21-2013 04:16 AM

hey hog harden up you ole codger get out hunting shania luv a bit of stag

Roadhog 11-21-2013 09:07 AM

You betcha Mitch!
This 8-point whitetail a friend got with a crossbow, last week.
I can't look at this without drooling. :)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps3eec99f2.jpg

mitchno1 11-22-2013 01:33 AM

that nice whitetail head allright,what did animal weigh.we got them here on stewart island at the bottom of our south island.stags mite get to 140lbs hinds lot smaller