Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Generic name for that kind of heavy trailer (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/43873-generic-name-kind-heavy-trailer.html)

Jean Garant 03-14-2013 10:35 AM

Generic name for that kind of heavy trailer

Hi
One year ago, a transporter came to the mine to pick-up a heavy mining equipment. The tractor came with a flat deck (53ft) but it had an unusual feature (at least for a non expert like me). The driver was able to raise by about 10" the height of the deck to match the height of the loading deck.
This to avoid equipment to do a big step while embarking on the deck. The deck remained horizontal at all time.

I did not asked the driver the make and model and generic name of such trailer.

I just want the generic name of such trailer. One guy told me that it used often to move office trailer camps from job site to job site but was not aware of a generic name. Can be actuated pneumatically or hydraulically.

Mr. Ford95 03-15-2013 09:35 PM

I've seen low boys that can do something similar to that or what I've called the beaver tail trailers where the rear 10 feet or so can tilt up or down to meet a loading dock if needed. There is also Landolls which can do something similar too. You don't happen to have a photo of it do you?

Jean Garant 03-18-2013 12:14 PM

Pictures of adjusatble height flat bed trailer

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 524447)
I've seen low boys that can do something similar to that or what I've called the beaver tail trailers where the rear 10 feet or so can tilt up or down to meet a loading dock if needed. There is also Landolls which can do something similar too. You don't happen to have a photo of it do you?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1226[/ATTACH]

Jean Garant 03-18-2013 12:20 PM

second trial to insert pictures

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1228[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1229[/ATTACH]Second trial to insert pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 524447)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1227[/ATTACH]

Jean Garant 03-18-2013 12:29 PM

hope this time the pictures will show

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1233[/ATTACH]

CleeIB 03-18-2013 08:39 PM

I believe it's not possible to directly upload an image via attachment, despite there being menu option icon for that. My guess is that the reason is security (don't want people to upload viruses, etc.).

So you'll have to upload image elsewhere (ImageShack, Photobucket, Flickr, etc.), and wrap the image URL in [img] [/img] tags.

Hope that helps!