Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Haggis neeps n tatties anyone? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/43677-haggis-neeps-n-tatties-anyone.html)

wot i life 01-24-2013 06:38 PM

Haggis neeps n tatties anyone?

BBC News - The offal truth about American haggis

Mr. Ford95 01-24-2013 09:32 PM

I might have Scottish heritage in me but no thanks on haggis. I saw another dish a while back, they were showing Hugh Douglas, American Football player who had come over to do some Rugby Six Nations coverage for BBC. They dressed him up in a kilt and took him out for some traditional Scottish eating, haggis included. Looked pretty filthy but he said it was tasty..........

wot i life 01-25-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 522941)
I might have Scottish heritage in me but no thanks on haggis. I saw another dish a while back, they were showing Hugh Douglas, American Football player who had come over to do some Rugby Six Nations coverage for BBC. They dressed him up in a kilt and took him out for some traditional Scottish eating, haggis included. Looked pretty filthy but he said it was tasty..........

It's actually very nice. Makes a great topping for pizza too! :-)

Sabine 01-25-2013 11:06 PM

YUCK you are one sick puppy.....I think I will have to starve before I eat that

golfhobo 01-26-2013 12:25 AM

Okay, I get the disgusting makings of Haggis... but, WTH is a "neep?" The article says it is a "mashed Swede." I thought Swedes were dudes from Sweden or some other Norseland.

I know what "Tatties" are. My mom had two of 'em! ;)

But... what the heck is a NEEP?

Everytime you post something here, Wot... I am more relieved that we threw off the governance of the British Crown! :p

I could NOT have grown up wearing knickers and eating NEEPS! Or "reversing" when I needed to Back Up!

Geez, I wish you guys would learn to speak English! :roll3:

J/K Wot! Glad to see you hanging around.

mitchno1 01-26-2013 01:41 AM

you want to try and understand them when they speak their english hobo

Sabine 01-26-2013 01:56 AM

neeps = turnips

and yeah, you are right, Scots don't speak English, sounds like they have something stuck in their throat that they are trying to regurgitate. Kind of like your cat working on a hair ball

wot i life 01-26-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 523055)
Okay, I get the disgusting makings of Haggis... but, WTH is a "neep?" The article says it is a "mashed Swede." I thought Swedes were dudes from Sweden or some other Norseland.

I know what "Tatties" are. My mom had two of 'em! ;)

But... what the heck is a NEEP?

Everytime you post something here, Wot... I am more relieved that we threw off the governance of the British Crown! :p

I could NOT have grown up wearing knickers and eating NEEPS! Or "reversing" when I needed to Back Up!

Geez, I wish you guys would learn to speak English! :roll3:

J/K Wot! Glad to see you hanging around.

Neeps are swedes, which is a variety of turnip. Separated by a common language eh Hobo? lol :-)

Nice to hear from Sabine again too :-)

wot i life 01-26-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchno1 (Post 523064)
you want to try and understand them when they speak their english hobo

Big Aggie from Torry Aberdeen - YouTube he he he

golfhobo 01-26-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wot i life (Post 523080)
Neeps are swedes, which is a variety of turnip. Separated by a common language eh Hobo? lol :-)

Nice to hear from Sabine again too :-)

I'm almost embarrassed. I actually SAW the plate with all of them on it. I looked at the little white "slices" and thought maybe they were onions... or perhaps, some kind of white BEET. I was SO... close! I really HATE turnips! So... it just never entered my mind. NOW.... it stands out as so obvious that "neeps" are tur-neeps!

Don't agree that the language is common between us... but, I'll try to do better next time!