Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   An Expert Opinion on Gun Control... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/43472-expert-opinion-gun-control.html)

DaveP 12-21-2012 01:21 AM

An Expert Opinion on Gun Control...

It's kind of long but WELL worth the read.

An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

GMAN 12-21-2012 04:07 AM

He makes some good points.

RebelDarlin 12-21-2012 04:20 AM

Well worth the time. Actually common sense.

MichiganDriver 12-21-2012 02:22 PM

No offense to you Dave but I think this guy's ideas are terrible. Megan McArdle topped him just yesterday though when she said the problem isn't guns, it's that we aren't teaching children to rush an attacker and wrestle him to the ground.

DaveP 12-21-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganDriver (Post 521289)
No offense to you Dave but I think this guy's ideas are terrible. Megan McArdle topped him just yesterday though when she said the problem isn't guns, it's that we aren't teaching children to rush an attacker and wrestle him to the ground.

None taken. And no offense to you either, but...DO WHAT?

MichiganDriver 12-21-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 521292)
None taken. And no offense to you either, but...DO WHAT?

:D Exactly.

She thinks that we should be teaching little children to act like linebackers and tackle attackers. I mean what could go wrong? :)

And btw, it's come to be called The McArdle Award and believe it or not she doesn't win it every day.

MichiganDriver 12-21-2012 09:03 PM

So far I think Wayne LaPierre of the NRA is in the lead for the McArdle Award for today. His statements today were so absurd I heard that British TV stations running the clip of his press conference are telling viewers "no, this is not a spoof or a joke, he really did say that".

repete 12-22-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganDriver (Post 521289)

Actually he didn't really put much out there. The gun free zones have always been a tempting target and I avoid them when possible . I don't know or care who Megan is but she sounds like a nut case, but then again if someone's going to shoot you do atleast want to try to live?
Whats your idea MD? It's a toughy, I think just the chance of haveing a teacher armed would be a deterent. Just the chance of a gun will keep some "bad arse's" away.

mitchno1 12-22-2012 05:17 AM

in New Zealand u not allowed hand gun un less u belong to a target shooting club,our semi automatics now limited to a seven shot magazine NO automatics.but our culture has always bin hunting not protection we do have the criminal element that ****s it up but hunting the game here.the wild venison not able to be sold to chillers like it was 20years ago $1 or more a kilo was real good money.it now farmed for export to u and the continent

MichiganDriver 12-22-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete (Post 521317)
Actually he didn't really put much out there. The gun free zones have always been a tempting target and I avoid them when possible . I don't know or care who Megan is but she sounds like a nut case, but then again if someone's going to shoot you do atleast want to try to live?
Whats your idea MD? It's a toughy, I think just the chance of haveing a teacher armed would be a deterent. Just the chance of a gun will keep some "bad arse's" away.

As you know, I don't know diddly about guns except that there are just too many. But hearing conservatives talk about it reminds me of the expression "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail". More guns can't be the solution to having too many guns.

What I would love to see is people using their gun expertise to be constructive in this debate. Surely there are guns out there that serve no purpose at all except for killing people. Why not identify which guns those are and suggest they be outlawed? If conservatives played their cards right they could come out winners here. But we live in the real world and we know that won't happen. I have no doubt that lunatic fringe radio is trying to convince everyone that the boogie man is hiding under their beds and will take all their guns when they fall asleep.

So I guess my best advice for cons is to keep listening to lunatic fringe radio (and tv). Hey, it's working out great for cons so far. :)