Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   why are truck stops so dumb?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/43186-why-truck-stops-so-dumb.html)

firebird_1252 10-31-2012 02:21 PM

why are truck stops so dumb??

so being i'm stuck now for day 2 due to sandy (hey thanks sandy!! :rolleyes: ) i have moved to a pilot thinking i could at least egt a shower.. i should have just stayed at the walmart i was at.. anyway. why dont truck stops sell the cooked chickens? i mean.. think about it. a lot more drivers (company and o/o) have fridges. they have microwaves and all that stuff. i think it'd be a huge hit! not only that, how many families do you see on family road trips? i'm noticing a lot more drivers are becoming more healthy eaters.

anyone else feel this way? wish they carried something they dont?

Roadhog 10-31-2012 03:14 PM

You could ask for frozen Chinese.

Once they thaw out though, you can't get them to shut up and quit bitchin'. :mad:

firebird_1252 10-31-2012 03:25 PM

funny.. i stocked up on chinese yesterday. its in the fridge :D

RebelDarlin 11-01-2012 01:52 AM

The roasted chicken? Those would be great. I usually get them at Super Kmart or wally world.

firebird_1252 11-01-2012 03:32 AM

true but walmart isnt always around.

mgfg 11-01-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebird_1252 (Post 518333)
so being i'm stuck now for day 2 due to sandy (hey thanks sandy!! :rolleyes: ) i have moved to a pilot thinking i could at least egt a shower..

Peelot is NOT a truck stop!

They are a fuel stop.

Truck stops have sit down restaurants where a waitress takes your order and bring you your food.

ps:Why would Peelot sell you whole chicken when they can sell you that other crap they sell @ higher profit margins.

RebelDarlin 11-03-2012 06:44 PM

Besides crappy food my other problem with so called truck stops is they haven't seemed to notice the growing number of female drivers cuz if they did thay would put actual soap in the womens room. The crap they have in there is useless if your hands are actually dirty and God forbid you have deisel on your hands cuz all it does is smear it around.

firebird_1252 11-04-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgfg (Post 518375)
ps:Why would Peelot sell you whole chicken when they can sell you that other crap they sell @ higher profit margins.

cause i like chicken? lol

VPIDarkAngel 11-11-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgfg (Post 518375)
Peelot is NOT a truck stop!

They are a fuel stop.

Truck stops have sit down restaurants where a waitress takes your order and bring you your food.

There's part of your answer. As for the 'whole chicken' thing, profit margin is a huge bit of it, not to mention how difficult it is to devour one of those while driving. This is also why you never see soup at those junk food kiosks.
I do agree that it'd be nice to have some less greasy options, though.

firebird_1252 11-12-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel (Post 518924)
There's part of your answer. As for the 'whole chicken' thing, profit margin is a huge bit of it, not to mention how difficult it is to devour one of those while driving. This is also why you never see soup at those junk food kiosks.
I do agree that it'd be nice to have some less greasy options, though.

actually pilot is offering soup now...