Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   I hate refeers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/42755-i-hate-refeers.html)

beaner 08-01-2012 02:57 AM

I hate refeers

I wish truckstops had parking just for refeers so us flatbedders didnt have to hear them run at night 50 places to park and swift/walmart truck backs in right next to me

Malaki86 08-01-2012 10:20 AM

Just be glad that they didn't back INTO you.

beaner 08-01-2012 02:13 PM

i,ve had many come to close about ready to start carrying cones and blocking the empty spots next to me.my luck they would just back over them anyway

ironeagle_2006 08-01-2012 03:20 PM

Fine Beaner you do not like Reefers then here is a solution for you Stop Eating it will solve itself in about a month or less. All I ever Pulled was Reefers and the only trouble I ever had was from Skatboarders that decided that Shutting off my unit was FUN. Or the SkateBoarder that couldn't back up to save his life or the ones that had 6 Inch Straight pipes and had to use the Jakes in the TS.

firebird_1252 08-01-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 (Post 513821)
Fine Beaner you do not like Reefers then here is a solution for you Stop Eating it will solve itself in about a month or less. All I ever Pulled was Reefers and the only trouble I ever had was from Skatboarders that decided that Shutting off my unit was FUN. Or the SkateBoarder that couldn't back up to save his life or the ones that had 6 Inch Straight pipes and had to use the Jakes in the TS.

or whats worse is the idiots with the 8" pipes looking for a spot jumping on the jake.. or the air dryer that keeps popping off, you idle beaner? i dont like that at all (sarcasem). a reefer running should be the least of your problems.

beaner 08-04-2012 07:17 PM

i dont idle unless its too hot for my dog and i pulled refeers when i first started driving and i dont mess with another mans truck and yes i can back up. i had to relearn when i went to pulling a flat with a 10ft spread axle

DaveP 08-05-2012 01:32 AM

Waaaahhhh....!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Hot Turkey 08-05-2012 01:38 AM

its part of being a trucker.

suck it up Reefer Haters !!

RebelDarlin 08-07-2012 02:07 AM

I hate RVs. Ohio turnpike oasis last week passed th RV camper parking area and theres only 1 camper in there. Get to the truck parking and all the parking for doubles/triples is full of RVs. This is yet another reason I don't carry assalt weapons in the truck. I swear I'd just take out their tires. ;)

RebelDarlin 08-07-2012 02:12 AM

I tried to put an old school smiley in that message. For those who don't know me that was a joke. Second issue with mobile version no edit button

Windwalker 08-07-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin (Post 514070)
I hate RVs. Ohio turnpike oasis last week passed th RV camper parking area and theres only 1 camper in there. Get to the truck parking and all the parking for doubles/triples is full of RVs. This is yet another reason I don't carry assault weapons in the truck. I swear I'd just take out their tires. ;)

I tried to put an old school smiley in that message. For those who don't know me that was a joke. Second issue with mobile version no edit button

I can't say I enjoyed refers next to me when I pulled flats or dry vans. Enjoyed it even less when I pulled refers. But, those RVs in the truck parking certainly were an issue. Especially when you sit down in the restaurant and the (obvious) occupants of the RVs complain about having to see truck drivers there. I don't know about shooting out their tires, but I'd like to slap them and tow their RV to POINTS WEST of San Francisco.

These days, I get to deal with Harley Davidsons cracking the throttle past my house. At 2 AM, I'd like to set out police spike strips.

And, considering the selection of smileys, I don't even bother anymore.

milkman388 08-08-2012 01:02 AM

Whining cry baby!! Most flat bedders i see drive like 4 wheelers!!

RebelDarlin 08-08-2012 01:13 AM

Wow milkman 2 posts and all you do is call people names?!! Does your mommy know you're playing online?

Windwalker 08-08-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman388 (Post 514101)
Whining cry baby!! Most flat bedders i see drive like 4 wheelers!!

It's a defense mechanism...

If you don't do the same things as the 4-wheelers, they'll run you off the road.

And, if you think flatbedders are bad, watch the bull-wagons sometime. Also, some of the portable parking lots.

For that metter, vans and refers that ain't had a UA in a while.....

Flatbedders are some of the best I've seen. Unless you've been watching some of the local drivers around Chicago.

And, Reb, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't looked at the number of posts. Nicely pointed out.

Allan M 08-08-2012 10:51 AM

I pull flatbed and when I pull into a truck stop I look for a reefer to park beside.
That way I know he won't be upset about my APU running.
Maybe you could try nosing in or even get some of those foam earplugs?
When I go to bed I'm tired enough that I can sleep pretty much anywhere.

geeshock 08-10-2012 11:23 PM

any more, if it's late and i know i'm going to be parked till late the next day, i nose into a spot. like others said it's part of trucking, get used to it

milkman388 08-15-2012 12:52 AM

Matter of fact she does. i've been a lurker for some time. just get tired of the cry babys on here. its a good site except for them.

RebelDarlin 08-15-2012 01:30 AM

Hey Milkman you're right there are a lot of crybabay truckers out there and yes some come here just to vent. Ignore them if they bother you but there are some quality people here too and tons of good info.

Maybe I shouldn't have pointed it out but we do get the ocaissional troll in here. If you're legit I apologize and welcome aboard.