Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Drop Yard (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/42681-drop-yard.html)

Nicole 07-11-2012 04:20 PM

Drop Yard

Hi Everyone,
Where can i get a list of Drop yards around the Mid Atlantic states? And is there an average price that most drop yards charge per night/ month?
Thank you
Also are there any drop yards in the Newark area?

4roses 07-11-2012 07:00 PM

First ~ if your working for a company they will give you a list of the different places. Is this Your own tractor ? An O/O ? I've never heard of a *drop yard* for different/personal tractors or trailers. I've seen some tractors parked in what we call ... Storage Lots ... if they have a special large lot in the back - - I've passed them on the hwy with the over-sized travel trailors parked there during the winter months .... maybe if you google Newark Storage Lots ... it might help. Sorry can't help you in this area.

Nicole 07-11-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4roses (Post 513145)
First ~ if your working for a company they will give you a list of the different places. Is this Your own tractor ? An O/O ? I've never heard of a *drop yard* for different/personal tractors or trailers. I've seen some tractors parked in what we call ... Storage Lots ... if they have a special large lot in the back - - I've passed them on the hwy with the over-sized travel trailors parked there during the winter months .... maybe if you google Newark Storage Lots ... it might help. Sorry can't help you in this area.

Thaks for your reply. Im an O/O. Looking for trailer parking, not for my tractor.

vavega 07-12-2012 01:44 AM

craigslist

knock yourself out

Orangetxguy 07-12-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega (Post 513150)
craigslist

knock yourself out

Holy Moley!!

Look who the dog dragged out!!!

LTNS!!!

vavega 07-12-2012 11:59 PM

hush! :D

i thought i could sneak in and pretend i was a driver again

how ya doin'? still tankin?

Windwalker 07-14-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega (Post 513174)

Pretend ? ? ? ? ?

What'd you do? Haul off and RETIRE like I did?

Of course, now that I have a full range of "bionic hearing", courtesy of the VA, I might see about getting back behind the wheel again. For another year or two... Maybe....

Good to see you back. You are back, aren't you?

vavega 07-14-2012 09:11 PM

forced retirement, i was laid off and took the opportunity to do something else. so far it's been fine, but i keep seeing an ad for schneider tankers not far from here and i start daydreaming :roll3:

back as long as my limited attention span will allow :D

Orangetxguy 07-14-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega (Post 513174)

Still "Tanking" Diane. Gotta do what you can do, in this freaking economy.

Pray tell......what "forced" you into early retirement??

vavega 07-15-2012 04:59 PM

the owner downsized to 10 drivers and i wasn't one of them. but then again, throwing the qualcom out the passenger window didn't help :eek1:

"maybe" is right WW, what's stopping you?