Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   No freight in New Jersey? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/42021-no-freight-new-jersey.html)

Malaki86 12-05-2011 10:22 PM

No freight in New Jersey?

This is a first for me in the 11 1/2 years I've been driving: sitting in New Jersey (Bordentown) and there's no freight. Delivered last night at midnite and nothing. Very, very weird.

GMAN 12-06-2011 02:05 AM

I spoke with a friend of mine this morning. He isn't seeing much out of Virgina, at least the area he is sitting. This time of year freight drops off about everywhere. I usually find it difficult to get anything worth hauling out of New Jersey. Have you checked to see if there is anything out of Pennsylvania?

Malaki86 12-06-2011 07:29 AM

I know they deadheaded one of our trucks out of NJ yesterday to pick up a load in Virginia. Me, I still sit.

Roadhog 12-06-2011 10:36 AM

This time of year crept up on you quicker than it did the last 12 years. :)
Your gonna see memory problems happen allot more now. :roll3:

Malaki86 12-06-2011 03:07 PM

Finally got a load out of there. Funny part is when I got yelled at by the shipper for arriving 1hr 15mins early. I literally mean yelled at. It's not like this place is busy or anything - been here 45mins now and not a single vehicle as come or gone. I see 15 open docks and no trucks besides me here.

You'd have thought I walked in and demanded to be loaded instantly, which, of course, I didn't. I simply walked in, told them what I was picking up, where the load was going and the company I drive for.

Love Jersey - lol.

Windwalker 12-06-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 505995)
This is a first for me in the 11 1/2 years I've been driving: sitting in New Jersey (Bordentown) and there's no freight. Delivered last night at midnite and nothing. Very, very weird.

Welcome to a "RECOVERED ECONOMY". Generally, it slows down between the holidays, after the Christmas rush. I'd often get in touch with Congolium in Trenton. They generally did have outbound loads, but that was before "THIS" economy.

Double R 12-06-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 506048)
Finally got a load out of there. Funny part is when I got yelled at by the shipper for arriving 1hr 15mins early. I literally mean yelled at. It's not like this place is busy or anything - been here 45mins now and not a single vehicle as come or gone. I see 15 open docks and no trucks besides me here.

You'd have thought I walked in and demanded to be loaded instantly, which, of course, I didn't. I simply walked in, told them what I was picking up, where the load was going and the company I drive for.

Love Jersey - lol.

You mean you are at a shipper in NJ that speaks english?

Malaki86 12-06-2011 06:19 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAA - ya. Finally getting loaded, 2hrs after my appointment time. Should I go in and start yelling?

GMAN 12-06-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 506053)
HAHAHAHHAHAA - ya. Finally getting loaded, 2hrs after my appointment time. Should I go in and start yelling?

You need to demand detention!!! lol.

Roadhog 12-06-2011 06:59 PM

Make sure they give you your broom back. ;)