Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   shipping containers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/41908-shipping-containers.html)

Mackman 10-23-2011 06:24 PM

shipping containers

Anyone know of any place where i can buy cheap 20 or 40ft used (still air and water seal) shipping containers. Somewhere close to philly PA.

Orangetxguy 10-23-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mackman:
Anyone know of any place where i can buy cheap 20 or 40ft used (still air and water seal) shipping containers. Somewhere close to philly PA.

Have you checked ads for the Philly and Balto areas? Seems like I saw a storage yard on the east loop around Balto, where they had containers stacked with billboards advertising them as for sail....but...that is a memory from last year.......:roll3:

Malaki86 10-23-2011 08:08 PM

If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's on I-95, towards the 'top', south of 495. It's not far north of the Baltimore T/A. When heading south on 95, it's on the right side. That the place you're thinking of? If so, they're still there as of a month ago.

repete 10-24-2011 07:19 AM

Or check Craigs list, thats where I found mine

Orangetxguy 10-24-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Malaki86:
If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's on I-95, towards the 'top', south of 495. It's not far north of the Baltimore T/A. When heading south on 95, it's on the right side. That the place you're thinking of? If so, they're still there as of a month ago.

No......The place I was thinking of is on the loop.....north of Fort McHenry. So.....two possibilities for the lad!!

Double R 10-24-2011 09:35 PM

Try the seaport in Elizabeth,NJ. I recall seeing several yards that had them for sale out that way. They may also be able to tell you who sells them. That is, if you can find someone that can speak ENGLISH there.:lol:

Bigmon 10-25-2011 01:33 PM

Ritchie Bros always has them at their auctions.

Containers4Sale 10-31-2011 08:08 PM

Hello. I work with TRS Containers in Central NJ (exit 12 on NJTP) and we have a yard full of different grades of 20ft and 40ft used containers.
Our 20ft containers start at $1500 and go all the way to new. If you are ever in the area i would be happy to put some boxes on the ground for you at no charge. Or i can email you photo's if you want to see our current inventory. We are 1.25 hours from Philadelphia. Port of Phillie does not have a container port anymore.
Best regards,
Rena Sneed, TRS
Avenel NJ
Tel: 732-636-3300

Originally Posted by Mackman:

Mackman 11-01-2011 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Containers4Sale:
Hello. I work with TRS Containers in Central NJ (exit 12 on NJTP) and we have a yard full of different grades of 20ft and 40ft used containers.
Our 20ft containers start at $1500 and go all the way to new. If you are ever in the area i would be happy to put some boxes on the ground for you at no charge. Or i can email you photo's if you want to see our current inventory. We are 1.25 hours from Philadelphia. Port of Phillie does not have a container port anymore.
Best regards,
Rena Sneed, TRS
Avenel NJ
Tel: 732-636-3300

Thanks for the info. Let me check with the guy a rent the yard from to see if its ok. I dont see a problem just wanna double check. I will be giving you a call in the next week or 2.