Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Climate Change (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/41701-climate-change.html)

GMAN 08-16-2011 03:09 AM

Climate Change

I was listening to some newscast this morning. They were talking about climate change and global warming. Al Gore has been noticeably silent the last couple of years. We do seem to be having more severe winters and summers. I think that it is just a normal cycle we go through every so often. I know some of the global warming enthusiasts would like us to believe that it is caused by man. I don't think that is the case. I don't believe we have the capability to cause major changes in climate. I think that the earth's orbit changes on occasion and that can bring us closer or farther from the sun, which will change the severity of our climate. If you believe in the Bible, you can probably make a case for the prophesies being fulfilled during our lifetime.

Orangetxguy 08-16-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 501706)
I was listening to some newscast this morning. They were talking about climate change and global warming. Al Gore has been noticeably silent the last couple of years. We do seem to be having more severe winters and summers. I think that it is just a normal cycle we go through every so often. I know some of the global warming enthusiasts would like us to believe that it is caused by man. I don't think that is the case. I don't believe we have the capability to cause major changes in climate. I think that the earth's orbit changes on occasion and that can bring us closer or farther from the sun, which will change the severity of our climate. If you believe in the Bible, you can probably make a case for the prophesies being fulfilled during our lifetime.

I really really really miss all those cold winters back in the mid 70's into the early 80's.

NOT! :hellno:

45 and 50 below zero for weeks? Hell no! I don't care how fun it was to drive to town down the middle of the frozen river.......I still don't want to experience that again!!

Roadhog 08-16-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 501710)
I really really really miss all those cold winters back in the mid 70's into the early 80's.

NOT! :hellno:

45 and 50 below zero for weeks? Hell no! I don't care how fun it was to drive to town down the middle of the frozen river.......I still don't want to experience that again!!

Can you imagine the press? :block:
They can't handle 1" of snow right now. :p ............... http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...10/chatter.gif pa-pa-pa-pansy's.... (chatter-chatter)

GMAN 08-16-2011 12:54 PM

I don't miss the really cold winters, either. I prefer it to be a little warmer. Well, not quite as warm as it has been this year, but I do prefer the warmer weather. I guess if I liked the cold I would live up north. I get enough of that traveling up there in the winter.

Roadhog 08-16-2011 01:06 PM

...anyway...if you go to China these days, I guess one could make a case about pollution.
Be nice if Mr.Gore took his fight where it is sorely needed. I think the world has raped and stolen from America enough.
They want their turn at the trough, at our expense. The Climate Change religion is just a way to justify stealing more from America.

Also, Mr.Gore might want to discuss Mr.Obama's current carbon footprint with his tour America to save his plummeting polls campaign.
Maybe Mr.Gore and Mr.Obama could compare carbon footprints and see who is the biggest hypocrite.

robertt 08-16-2011 01:29 PM

Here you go. Gore lost his mind earlier this month, I think it is finally getting to him:thumbsup::clap:

Hilarious Al Gore unhinged calls "bullshit" at Aspen Institute on climate skeptics - YouTube

Orangetxguy 08-16-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 501727)
...anyway...if you go to China these days, I guess one could make a case about pollution.
Be nice if Mr.Gore took his fight where it is sorely needed. I think the world has raped and stolen from America enough.
They want their turn at the trough, at our expense. The Climate Change religion is just a way to justify stealing more from America.

Also, Mr.Gore might want to discuss Mr.Obama's current carbon footprint with his tour America to save his plummeting polls campaign.
Maybe Mr.Gore and Mr.Obama could compare carbon footprints and see who is the biggest hypocrite.

I wonder if one of us "Nobody's" can by that bus for a buck (government surplus ya know) when he is done with the tour!!

Naaaaaaaaaaa. Us Nobody's are to far do the pole.

Ooooooooooh chit. We went and made this political!

Roadhog 08-16-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 501732)
Ooooooooooh chit. We went and made this political!

..but you knew that was gonna happen...right? :lol:

I got a kick out of this thread, when I first saw it posted.
I think Gman has a bigger sense of humor than I thought. :thumbsup: :rofl:

Any bets this tortures Mr.Ford? what to do... crap...I just started this dayum job... :banghead:

Sharlie 08-16-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertt (Post 501731)
Here you go. Gore lost his mind earlier this month, I think it is finally getting to him:thumbsup::clap:

Hilarious Al Gore unhinged calls "bull****" at Aspen Institute on climate skeptics - YouTube

Four in a row, funny

Roadhog 08-16-2011 02:27 PM

It's all Obama's fault.

You heard it here first. :thumbsup: