Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Guilty (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/41480-guilty.html)

golfhobo 07-15-2011 04:50 AM

Correction to Part (1) of my last post:

Quote:

It seems that P.M. Brown (a conservative) "may have been" bribed by Murdoch's agents, or NOTW personnel.
I'm pretty sure that I HEARD that... but, only ONE time. I have not heard anything more about it, and I am NOW under the impression that EITHER I "misunderstood" what I was hearing, or that the person saying it "misspoke" and has corrected the record, and no one is mentioning it anymore. It is POSSIBLE that the person meant to say "blackmailed" or was talking about "extortion."

The story centers around the fact that (former) P.M. Gordon Brown's young son had Cystic Fibrosis, and only a small circle of family and friends KNEW it. Some reporters from NOTW showed up and confronted him (privately) with the fact that THEY had knowledge of it, and were about to go to print with it.

To me.... it sounds more like they were interested in blackmail or extortion, but I can SEE where someone might say he was "bribed," I HOPE for no other reason than to secure their OWN silence. [BTW... they printed the article!]

MOST reports I'm hearing now, ONLY talk about how NOTW personnel "bribed" police or Scotland Yard types to get phone numbers of Brown and other highly placed officials.... and criminals, and victims.... etc.

I have no feelings or agenda pertaining to Mr. Brown in ANY way. If I've posted ANYTHING that would disparage his character... I apologize. From what I can say I "KNOW" right now.... I must retract that section of my post.

Mr. Hobo du Golfe, Esquire. :lol:

mitchno1 07-15-2011 05:01 AM

lucky it wasnt the sheila brooks in the shower at loves aye michigan driver the poor manager could of had a heart atack

MichiganDriver 07-15-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchno1 (Post 500185)
lucky it wasnt the sheila brooks in the shower at loves aye michigan driver the poor manager could of had a heart atack

Stop, stop, you're killing me. :rofl:

MichiganDriver 07-16-2011 12:30 AM

So...

Rebecca Brooks quit today.
Les Hinton (ceo of the Wall Street Journel) quit today.
It's looking grim for Rupert Murdoch right?

But hold on, he's a slippery devil. He has the good sense and, dare I say it, the good character to apologize to the parents of the girl that was murdered. Brilliant freaking move!!! The press is saying that when Murdoch appears in front of Parliament they'll go hard on him. I thought so until today. He's too smart for them, imho he just escaped with his hide intact. Though it's early yet.

Does this forum support paramutual betting? It seems a shame that we can't start an "office pool" on whether the slippery snake escapes with his empire intact or not. :)

golfhobo 07-18-2011 09:04 PM

Two more resignations today. That makes FOUR. Possible charges to be brought against SOME of them. Brooks was ARRESTED!

As for the "office pool" .... I got $50 on the numbers 9 and 11. [What can I say.... I'm superstitious!] :lol:

mitchno1 07-19-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganDriver (Post 500195)
Stop, stop, you're killing me. :rofl:

haha she in prison shower now, gaurds be put off applying for a job at loves