Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Freedom isn't free, nor is it eternal! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/41469-freedom-isnt-free-nor-eternal.html)

Southron 07-05-2011 12:14 PM

Freedom isn't free, nor is it eternal!

I hope you had a great day yesterday and took time to reflect on the blessings that God has given you as an American. We have so much freedom and opportunity here in America that people in other countries don't have. Sadly, too many Americans take it for granted that they will always be free. They forget that freedom and liberty are not eternal, nor are they self-sustaining. If we become apathetic and forgetful, then freedom will be lost. Just as a good father must work daily to provide his family with a home, food, clothing and other necessities, so must we work daily to secure for our children and future generations the same freedom and opportunity that we have. -Jason

golfhobo 07-10-2011 09:41 PM

Southron said:

Quote:

I hope you had a great day yesterday and took time to reflect on the blessings that God has given you as an American. We have so much freedom and opportunity here in America that people in other countries don't have.
So.... you're saying that GOD only likes Americans? That those "other" countries aren't FREE because GOD didn't fight a revolutionary war for them?

Quote:

Sadly, too many Americans take it for granted that they will always be free. They forget that freedom and liberty are not eternal, nor are they self-sustaining. If we become apathetic and forgetful, then freedom will be lost.
I certainly AGREE with this! I go further! It's not just our freedom that is at stake... it's our way of life and government. We are a VERY young country/society in the scope of World History. Our "empire" could fall just as easily as that of the Romans or Alexander the Great or the Mongolians! [All of which lasted longer than we have to date.]

Quote:

Just as a good father must work daily to provide his family with a home, food, clothing and other necessities, so must we work daily to secure for our children and future generations the same freedom and opportunity that we have.
So... how is that "good father" up above doing these days as it concerns the health and welfare of his creation? [or his favored COUNTRY?]

WE (Americans) are free and prosperous because we fought for it, we PLANNED for it (in the Constitution) and we WORKED for it. We certainly DO have an obligation to leave the American Dream to our children and gandchildren.

And that means FUNDING education, scientific research, and HEALTHCARE improvements. It also means maintaining a strong but not "imperialist" military!

And, in light of what we know about so many countries suffering under SOME kind of religious control, and suppressive "elections,".... it is even MORE necessary that we maintain our INSISTENCE on a separation of Church/religion and State... as well as our FREE and equal democratic elections!

I WISH you had posted this under my thread about Independence Day. It would have been a welcome (and serious) opinion. But, rather than let it go to page 2 (or whatever) WITHOUT a single comment.... I chose to give it the importance I believed it deserved... and my unsolicited comment.

I really HOPE that you don't mind.

One 07-11-2011 02:06 AM

God? I thought it was revolutionaries with muskets and hatchets... Has independence day been turned into another religious holiday? Can we not have our secular holidays?

Sharlie 07-15-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One (Post 499996)
Can we not have our secular holidays?

Yes, when's your birthday?;)

mitchno1 07-15-2011 06:07 AM

and the so called good father not doing very good looking after us with all the weather disasters or f....n terrorists ,that what i think from the bottem of the world

GMAN 07-15-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchno1 (Post 500191)
and the so called good father not doing very good looking after us with all the weather disasters or f....n terrorists ,that what i think from the bottom of the world

There are those who think that all the disasters that are plaguing this country is the judgment of GOD. As a nation, we seem to have turned out back on GOD. Others consider it a natural cycle we go through every so many years. Historically, GOD has punished those who fail to follow his teachings.

Sharlie 07-15-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 500203)
There are those who think that all the disasters that are plaguing this country is the judgment of GOD.

Like the above poster, which is funny to me, when so many live their daily lives void of a acknowledging Him. Then disasters happens and its His fault?? hmm
Quote:

As a nation, we seem to have turned out back on GOD. Others consider it a natural cycle we go through every so many years. Historically, GOD has punished those who fail to follow his teachings.
Last time I checked a father doesn't grab another person's kid and start spanking them. So if He is not your Father, its highly likely He is not punishing you. If He is your Father, He is Good and you needed the spanking.:thumbsup:

MichiganDriver 07-16-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharlie (Post 500210)
Like the above poster, which is funny to me, when so many live their daily lives void of a acknowledging Him. Then disasters happens and its His fault?? hmm Last time I checked a father doesn't grab another person's kid and start spanking them. So if He is not your Father, its highly likely He is not punishing you. If He is your Father, He is Good and you needed the spanking.:thumbsup:

So bad is good? When people hurt it proves God exists and therefore it's a good thing? Now it's true that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but your "logic" makes my head hurt. But wait, that proves God exists!!! :lol:

Sharlie 07-16-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganDriver (Post 500229)
So bad is good?

Where did I say bad is good?
Quote:

When people hurt it proves God exists and therefore it's a good thing? Now it's true that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but your "logic" makes my head hurt. But wait, that proves God exists!!! :lol:
eh?
Punishment isn't good but it is NECESSARY at times. :thumbsup:

MichiganDriver 07-16-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharlie (Post 500238)
Where did I say bad is good?
eh?
Punishment isn't good but it is NECESSARY at times. :thumbsup:

Ahhh Religious Riddlespeak. Love it.

So... When God drops a tornado on a town and 153 people die, it must mean that some people are being punished, what about the others?