Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Too Close for Comfort (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/40836-too-close-comfort.html)

Malaki86 01-22-2011 09:50 PM

Too Close for Comfort

OMG - you've GOT to see this video:

Close-Call Semi Truck Crash Caught On Couple's Dashcam Video

Malaki86 01-22-2011 10:09 PM

This one is worth watching too - it's from a couple days ago in Pittsburgh:
HotAirPundit: Video: Cars Crashing on Steep Hill in Pittsburgh After Ice Storm

bikerboy 01-23-2011 01:32 AM

the first video was just the other day near milton ontario on 401 less then 2 hours from where I live

Orangetxguy 01-23-2011 02:15 AM

Gotta hand it to the guy/gal driving the car....He or she did a fine job of staying out of that mess!!! And Schneider didn't even blink!! Did not even tap his brakes!!

Any bets on if he (or she) even saw it happen??

Malaki86 01-23-2011 08:45 AM

I was impressed with the driving job of the car as well. I didn't think there was even audio until you hear his wife asked if he was ok.

Mr. Ford95 01-23-2011 01:13 PM

Big Orange saw it happening, he went from the middle lane to the right lane as he nearly sideswiped the white van. I swear I saw his brake lights lit up due to the car that was wrecking in front of him.

Shows just how quick bad things can happen even when your minding your own business and paying attention.

Double R 01-24-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 492623)
This one is worth watching too - it's from a couple days ago in Pittsburgh:
HotAirPundit: Video: Cars Crashing on Steep Hill in Pittsburgh After Ice Storm

Right over the hill from me.

Windwalker 01-27-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 492691)
Right over the hill from me.

Back when I lived in Philladelphia, I got to watch a number of things like that too. There is a way to drive on streets like that. I've done so many, many times. A Philla cop even paid me to show him how I drive on that. I've never had a problem, except to keep out of the way of other drivers. The things to keep in mind are: "The throttle doesn't get you anywhere. And, the brake does nothing to stop you." If you know the area, you can avoid steep grades and survive quite nicely. Never even got a scratch on my car. But, I did get stuck in a snowbank once, because another driver lost control. That video from Pittsburgh is wet ice. You'd better know how to drive on it, or stay home.

Mr. Ford95 01-27-2011 01:21 PM

Wet Ice is exactly what we got yesterday here, what a friggin mess it caused. Nobody could stay on the road. Got about an inch of rain then it changed to sleet before going to all snow so VDOT wouldn't do anything due to the rain to pre-treat. Once the ice hit, it was all she wrote and too late to keep the roads passable. I was amazed at the amount of sheer idiots out there trying to get home from work, they were driving as if the roads were dry.