Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   THE Patch (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/39888-patch.html)

Malaki86 05-04-2010 10:35 AM

THE Patch

Started using the Nicoderm patch on Sunday. Gotta say one thing for sure (other that cutting down on my desire for smokes), it gives you some interesting dreams. Last night I was part of the Soprano's cast (I was the not-too-talked about relative).

I just hope these dreams go away soon so that I can get some actual sleep. I can't take it off while I sleep or I'll be dying for a smoke when I wake up in the morning.

I just remembered parts of another dream from last night: I was involved in a strange sex-related kidnapping thing (I was kidnapped along with 3 other people). Ya - the dreams have got to stop.

Roadhog 05-04-2010 11:06 AM

Good to hear you are quitting smoking Mal. :thumbsup:
Those dreams didn't sound so bad to me... coulda been worse.
You could have been the comedic value on the Ellen DeGeneris show, doing lovely hand puppet animal shadows.

These dreams of yours sound more like guilt to me though.
You've yet to make a sophisticated effort into convincing your hott little W. Virginia friends
(the ones with the perfect teeth) to go out with me. :p

I dreampt last night about a lovely young Cindy Crawford lookalike with big brown eyes to lovingly care for me.
I found her while I went to my new job in the office world, where I spent my workdays doing the breast stroke in the steno pool. :love:

Windwalker 05-04-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Malaki86:
Started using the Nicoderm patch on Sunday. Gotta say one thing for sure (other that cutting down on my desire for smokes), it gives you some interesting dreams. Last night I was part of the Soprano's cast (I was the not-too-talked about relative).

I just hope these dreams go away soon so that I can get some actual sleep. I can't take it off while I sleep or I'll be dying for a smoke when I wake up in the morning.

I just remembered parts of another dream from last night: I was involved in a strange sex-related kidnapping thing (I was kidnapped along with 3 other people). Ya - the dreams have got to stop.

You had to know, while you were writing it, that - boing - Hog was going to come to attention on that one...:lol::rofl:
stood you right straight up, didn't it, Hog?:clap:

Jackrabbit379 05-04-2010 05:54 PM

Congrats on quitting smoking, Malaki. Hope it works out. :thumbsup:
I agree with Roadhog about the dreams. They could have been a whole lot worse. I've heard of guys having nightmares when they wear the patch. Like Roadhog said, they could have been worse. Just imagine what it would have been like if you had a dream where you were on a date with Rosie O'Donnell. :hellno:

Malaki86 05-04-2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379:
Congrats on quitting smoking, Malaki. Hope it works out. :thumbsup:
I agree with Roadhog about the dreams. They could have been a whole lot worse. I've heard of guys having nightmares when they wear the patch. Like Roadhog said, they could have been worse. Just imagine what it would have been like if you had a dream where you were on a date with Rosie O'Donnell. :hellno:

Great... Now am I lacking sleep from the freaky dreams, but now I'm also sick at my stomach... Thanks a lot

Roadhog 05-05-2010 04:06 AM

If the patch is keeping you up, have your tried something like Tylenol PM? (combination pain killer and sleep aid)
I know some medicine can give you insomnia, and weird dreams.

I've never used the patch. The times I've quit smoking, I always cold turkey. Seems to me, the patch would be a longer and harder way to quit.

The chemicals are out of your system in 3-5 days... and after a week, you should be over the hump. I had headaches the first few days. It's going to be tough, but it is no longer a physical tug after a week, but psychological you have to fight.

I've been off smokes 9 years now, and I remember even a couple years after I quit, there were moments I felt the tug to smoke again...but not something that is hard to resist.

Good luck :thumbsup: You will feel better and be glad you quit.

ssoutlaw 05-05-2010 06:17 AM

Maybe you should start the patch when you wake so as not to have the dreams and insomnia??? Just a thought!!

Malaki86 05-05-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by ssoutlaw:
Maybe you should start the patch when you wake so as not to have the dreams and insomnia??? Just a thought!!

You wear the patch 24hrs a day. I especially have to because I was up to almost 3 packs per day. But, last night I slept really good and don't remember waking up to any goofy dreams. It could be that I'm getting used to it or I was just extremely worn out when I finished up yesterday.

ssoutlaw 05-05-2010 05:11 PM

You wear the patch 24hrs a day. I especially have to because I was up to almost 3 packs per day. But, last night I slept really good and don't remember waking up to any goofy dreams. It could be that I'm getting used to it or I was just extremely worn out when I finished up yesterday.

Well good luck, my start day is Saturday....lol

Jackrabbit379 05-05-2010 05:48 PM

Great... Now am I lacking sleep from the freaky dreams, but now I'm also sick at my stomach... Thanks a lot

:rofl: :p
hehehehe

Hey.... I always try to look on the bright side of things. :D :thumbsup: