Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Looks Like Swift is Here to Play Yet Another Day (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38942-looks-like-swift-here-play-yet-another-day.html)

dobry4u 10-23-2009 09:45 PM

Looks Like Swift is Here to Play Yet Another Day

Swift Comes Off Credi****ch | Journal of Commerce

bentstrider 10-23-2009 11:06 PM

This supposed to be a bad thing?

Kranky 10-23-2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by dobry4u:
Swift Comes Off Credi****ch | Journal of Commerce

The word censor took out t w a t from "credit w a tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny right there!!!!!!:smokin:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

VPIDarkAngel 10-24-2009 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kranky:
The word censor took out t w a t from "credit w a tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny right there!!!!!!:smokin:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Crap, you beat me to it... Either way, I'm glad to see that Swift is takin' a turn in the right direction, even though they're direct competition to us in the mega-carrier market.

geeshock 10-24-2009 07:18 AM

<quote>Swift is the parent of Swift Transportation, the second-largest privately owned U.S. truckload carrier</quote>

I remember them being the largest, who passed them up? us xpress?

Justruckin 10-24-2009 01:13 PM

I guess all of that cheap freight finally caught up with them, those .50 back hauls can really put a hurting on an outfit. And it probably doesn't help the fact that they must spend a ton of money on driver recruiting and training, what is their turnover rate, 134%?

Kevin0915 10-24-2009 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Justruckin:
I guess all of that cheap freight finally caught up with them, those .50 back hauls can really put a hurting on an outfit. And it probably doesn't help the fact that they must spend a ton of money on driver recruiting and training, what is their turnover rate, 134%?

who cares what the turnover rate is, when there are drivers who actually care to be professional, drive safe and have a personal interest in not half-azzing a job. Besides, as a driver, i dont care about the schneider, US Express or independant drivers since they are the ones who aren't bankrolling my paycheck. As long as i get the miles, and my paychecks dont bounce, i dont care about anything else.

"But you could make 50% more working somewhere else for the same amount of work..."- blah blah blah. Yeah...probably true...but that time will come. My first benchmark is 13 months, after that, who knows what i'll do. But why would i want to jump ship, to work for an outfit where i COULD make .50-60 cpm, but have 2-3x more worry if that company will even be around in a month or two?

staying with a company with a solid economic outlook when compared to Jim Palmers, or OnLine or other no-name companies...makes good sense to me.

mike3fan 10-24-2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin0915:
staying with a company with a solid economic outlook when compared to Jim Palmers, or OnLine or other no-name companies...makes good sense to me.

Swift has a solid economic outlook?

dobry4u 10-24-2009 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin0915:
who cares what the turnover rate is...

actually Jerry did/does. He likes having to pay less cpm to the newbie drivers who also have to pay for their CDL training. Good $$ practice, IF, your insurance and lawsuits don't eat up the $$ benefits.

geeshock 10-24-2009 08:06 PM

thats the key isn't it. Of course if you had over 6mos exp they started pushing driver training on you. I never went for it for one simple reason, they said it was training but ran you like a team. I could never abide that part, not to mention 6 mos. I was still green myself.