Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   super cheap cpm whats the deal? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38858-super-cheap-cpm-whats-deal.html)

geeshock 10-08-2009 10:13 PM

super cheap cpm whats the deal?

OTR CLASS A CDL DRIVER DRYVAN (HAMPTON/NEWPORT NEWS)
Date: 2009-10-08, 11:47AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

NEED DRIVER WILLING TO BE ON ROAD THREE TO FOUR WEEKS AT A TIME.MUST HAVE TWO TO THREE YEARS EXP. FLATBED A PLUS

* Compensation: 23CENT A MILE ,26CENT A MILE IF LOADS ON TIME.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Phone calls about this job are ok.
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

notice they want 2 to 3 years exp and compensate only 26 cpm, are they jokeing? Who would bite at this? It's sad if the trucking community has sunk this low.

Malaki86 10-08-2009 10:22 PM

omfg - .23/.26cpm and requires 2-3 years of experience??? that's utter insanity

Rev.Vassago 10-08-2009 10:25 PM

In this market, I bet they find someone too.

Kranky 10-08-2009 10:27 PM

It appears that the race to the bottom is now in the home stretch.

Mr. Ford95 10-08-2009 11:53 PM

Wait, they said it's a dryvan listing but they have a preference for flatbed drivers............

geeshock 10-09-2009 12:35 AM

sadly I think rev is right. I've seen truckdrivers advertise they would work for just enough to survive. This might work for single ppl but I have a fam to suport and .26 cpm won't cover that. Cost of living is going up and pay is going down? lol, no wonder the contry is in such a state now, we are cutting out the middle class.

repete 10-09-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 464839)
sadly I think rev is right. I've seen truckdrivers advertise they would work for just enough to survive. This might work for single ppl but I have a fam to suport and .26 cpm won't cover that. Cost of living is going up and pay is going down? lol, no wonder the contry is in such a state now, we are cutting out the middle class.

Not to worry "G" , if things get to bad uncle Obama will step in and straighten it all out!

geeshock 10-09-2009 08:11 AM

Heh, yeh, well I'll beleave that when I see it. so far it's as I expected. Lot's of talk but in the end he's like any other president, he really don't have much say or control or really more of a clue than any of them that came before him. He might be a good speaker but thats about it.

bentstrider 10-09-2009 08:41 AM

Typical craigslist posting.
I wouldn't trust many of the adds there as far as one could throw them.

geeshock 10-09-2009 08:49 AM

I tend to agree with that. I applied with several jobs that were non trucking jobs and over 90% of them were fronts so spam you or try and sell a service, lucky for me they only got my spam email account