Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Reality Tv (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38676-reality-tv.html)

Jumbo 09-11-2009 02:49 AM

Reality Tv

I was home most of the week and caught some episodes of Operation Repo and Black Gold on Tru tv. Are all reality shows this bad? To be honest I watched American Chopper, Axe Men, Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers and I think I am pretty much all reality tv'd out. First season of Survivor ruled. I just cant watch anymore.

dobry4u 09-11-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 461862)
I was home most of the week and caught some episodes of Operation Repo and Black Gold on Tru tv. Are all reality shows this bad? To be honest I watched American Chopper, Axe Men, Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers and I think I am pretty much all reality tv'd out. First season of Survivor ruled. I just cant watch anymore.

I got rid of my tv when Jackazz came out :hellno:

Jackrabbit379 09-11-2009 04:48 AM

I watch the Westerns Channel. (when I am home from work)
I don't watch those realty TV shows. Never have.
I like watching the Law & Order, and Cold Case re-runs.

dobry4u 09-11-2009 06:40 PM

I watch football, hockey, football, House, and football :thumbsup:

mommee 09-11-2009 07:16 PM

the only reality show i watch is 'deadilest catch'. otherwise, it's NCIS re-runs on USA or hockey. been getting into 'royal pains' too. i got burned out with 'law and order' after a while.

Mr. Ford95 09-11-2009 08:45 PM

I watched the first few episodes of Operation Repo. If I want to watch fake fights I'll just flip on WWE. While the incidents may have actually happened, what we see on TV is staged with that show. Claimed a kid kicked them square in the nuts, on the show and replays they showed in slo-mo, you could plainly see the kid pull the kick. He never came close to connecting. Another had a group of guys jump them, claimed a guy smashed a beer bottle over one's thigh. In the actual video you could easily see he threw the bottle at the ground, not the thigh. Didn't need replays in slo-mo to see that. How do you flip a car over on the hook, in front of many witness' and not a single cop shows up? Prolly took them 15-20 minutes of real world time to get everything cleaned up.

I can deal with Deadliest Catch, Ice Road and Dirty Jobs, those are not staged, the camera guys are right there with them.

Jackrabbit379 09-12-2009 03:28 AM

I take that back. I did watch a couple episodes of that one dude. The blonde headed dude, with the mullet, and 80's outfit that is a Private Eye. (can't remember exactly-he's some kind of cop) His wife has got some big.....shoes. :p

Yeah, it's football season, so I'm glued to the TV on Saturdays. :D

dobry4u 09-12-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 461966)
I take that back. I did watch a couple episodes of that one dude. The blonde headed dude, with the mullet, and 80's outfit that is a Private Eye. (can't remember exactly-he's some kind of cop) His wife has got some big.....shoes. :p

Yeah, it's football season, so I'm glued to the TV on Saturdays. :D

That would be Dog the Bounty Hunter!

RostyC 09-12-2009 08:55 PM

I hate reality shows, there part of the dumbing down of America.
I don't watch much tv at all really. Football, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, I do like Ghosthunters, unless my wife falls asleep before I do, then I have to turn it off. I get skeered and can't sleep.

Syncrosonix 09-13-2009 01:00 AM

operation repo is fake.