Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   DOT long form question.. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38543-dot-long-form-question.html)

Hawkjr 08-20-2009 05:12 PM

DOT long form question..

I know this is a far fetched question and i probably get a couple of :rofl: but do you think Schneider would give me my long form medical to give to another company that they paid for??

Rev.Vassago 08-20-2009 06:04 PM

Every company I've ever worked for that I've asked for a copy of my long form has given it to me. You don't have to tell them what you need it for.

BigDiesel 08-20-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 459811)
I know this is a far fetched question and i probably get a couple of :rofl: but do you think Schneider would give me my long form medical to give to another company that they paid for??

They would not be able to do that under HIPAA laws.

avguy 08-20-2009 07:14 PM

It's your medical form not theirs.

Privacy laws have nothing do with it.

BigDiesel 08-20-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avguy (Post 459820)
It's your medical form not theirs.

Privacy laws have nothing do with it.

Sorry, but you are incorrect... Since the carrier paid for, provided the form and the physical.... It is their property and that form could not be released to another carrier with that individuals medical information. I suggest that you read up on HIPAA before making another statement regarding medical privacy information. :thumbsup: Have a nice day.

avguy 08-20-2009 08:06 PM

But the question is whether they will give the driver a paper copy, not another carrier.

Rev.Vassago 08-20-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avguy (Post 459823)
But the question is whether they will give the driver a paper copy, not another carrier.

You're right - that is the question. The driver is given a copy of the long form medical form upon completion of the physical for his or her records anyway, so I still don't see any reason why they wouldn't provide one to the driver if asked. The information is private between the doctor, the carrier, and the driver.

mike3fan 08-20-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 459831)
You're right - that is the question. The driver is given a copy of the long form medical form upon completion of the physical for his or her records anyway, so I still don't see any reason why they wouldn't provide one to the driver if asked. The information is private between the doctor, the carrier, and the driver.

I've never been given a copy, never asked for one either though.

Jumbo 08-20-2009 10:58 PM

Dont most companies want you to take another physical at their doctor? Just before I changed jobs I had my medical card renewed. New employer said before we hire you you need to get a physical done for a medical card, I told them my renewed medical card was only a month old. Didnt matter to them. I ended up taking another long form physical.

Phantom433a 08-21-2009 06:34 AM

your supposed to have a copy of your long form in the truck or on you at all times.