Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   protect yourself (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38493-protect-yourself.html)

repete 08-14-2009 08:35 AM

protect yourself

I got a call tonight from my wife, someone broke into my son's house and stole alot of his stuff. That's when I was asked if I had the serial numbers of his guns! Huh "you mean he didn't write them down?'' Turns out tv, stereo, pc , tools, camera and guns all gone and not one serial number! Well I just got home and looked up the numbers for 2 of the guns I had given him. Chance's are slim to none of him getting anything back BUT with the numbers he can at least prove it is his if they ever turn up.
Moral of the story?? Record the serial numbers!! That and make sure when installing a widow A/C unit you screw it in place! ( What a dummy!)

Windwalker 08-14-2009 01:52 PM

Guess I don't have to worry about that... I have nothing left to steal.:tears:
Step son was on drugs, and pawned EVERYTHING.
He's gone now, but...

Jackrabbit379 08-14-2009 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear that. Someone stole a window unit?? :eek2: Good grief!

Mr. Ford95 08-14-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 459205)
Sorry to hear that. Someone stole a window unit?? :eek2: Good grief!

Actually Jack, they probably gained access thru the window A/C unit is what he meant. If they aren't nailed down they can be moved from the window rather easily.

Jackrabbit379 08-15-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 459207)
Actually Jack, they probably gained access thru the window A/C unit is what he meant. If they aren't nailed down they can be moved from the window rather easily.

Oh ok. I see. :lol:

Dejanh 08-15-2009 03:57 AM

If somebody breaks into my house they can only feel sorry for me, and maybe buy me some stuff....):

Jackrabbit379 08-15-2009 04:16 AM

If somebody breaks into my house, I'll fill em up with enough lead that you could pick them up with a magnet. :rofl: :p

repete 08-16-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 459267)
If somebody breaks into my house, I'll fill em up with enough lead that you could pick them up with a magnet. :rofl: :p

Is that some speical lead magnet?

BanditsCousin 08-16-2009 08:19 PM

When I got my house in January I did a walk thru with my video camera and did close ups of my valuable stuff that fell under the homeowners insurance policy. I should get the serial numbers when I go home for extra ammo if something unfortunate like this does happen.

Thanks for the tip!

LightsChromeHorsepower 08-16-2009 08:52 PM

I use & recommend this; Know Your Stuff :: Home Inventory - powered by EZasset