Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Why do we have to start the week on Monday? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38468-why-do-we-have-start-week-monday.html)

thebaldeagle655 08-10-2009 07:28 PM

Why do we have to start the week on Monday?

Arrived to my delivery this morning, New bridge being built in Texarkana. The construction foreman said he wasn't expecting us until Tuesday. Nothing ready. Had to wait for them to bring a front end loader in and fill a ditch to get the trucks into the location to unload. Finally at 10:30, 3 1/2 hours after getting unloaded sent in my Qualcom empty and got a load 75 miles away with a 10 am loading appointment. (pretty sure I wasn't gonna make it on time.) Called them and they said, come on and they will "work me in." When I got here there were over 20 trucks in the lot to be loaded with more coming by the minute.

Never fails, if Monday sucks, the rest of the week goes downhill from there! Guess I ought to just take the rest of the week off!

Orangetxguy 08-11-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655 (Post 458727)
Arrived to my delivery this morning, New bridge being built in Texarkana. The construction foreman said he wasn't expecting us until Tuesday. Nothing ready. Had to wait for them to bring a front end loader in and fill a ditch to get the trucks into the location to unload. Finally at 10:30, 3 1/2 hours after getting unloaded sent in my Qualcom empty and got a load 75 miles away with a 10 am loading appointment. (pretty sure I wasn't gonna make it on time.) Called them and they said, come on and they will "work me in." When I got here there were over 20 trucks in the lot to be loaded with more coming by the minute.

Never fails, if Monday sucks, the rest of the week goes downhill from there! Guess I ought to just take the rest of the week off!

:thumbsup: If it feels crappy.....avoid it!!! :thumbsup:

Jackrabbit379 08-11-2009 02:58 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some people know how to think. :lol: You'd think they would know if they could 'work you in' when there are that many trucks in line.

thebaldeagle655 08-11-2009 03:29 PM

Finally got loaded and on the road at 6:30 PM. Didn't quite make it to Jackrabittville (Lubbock) by 8 am though :) Now sitting watching them unload a van full of palletized shingles having to drag each one out with a chain one by one.

Oh well, it could be worse! I could be one of the ones standing in the unemployment line. Guess I better put things in perspective and quite complaining!

Jackrabbit379 08-11-2009 03:44 PM

LOL.

You mentioned them working on a bridge in Texarkana.. What do ya think about that bridge, east of Guthrie? How they got us going beside it on that dirt road that they made in the creek. That's a lovely stretch of road. :lol:
They took out the old bridge, and then they put on the new concrete slab deals, but that's all they done. It's like they quit working. All their equipment is off to the side, but I don't ever see anyone around there. I reckon they gonna just have us drive across that canyon they made beside the bridge. :p

DaveP 08-13-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 (Post 458790)
LOL.

You mentioned them working on a bridge in Texarkana.. What do ya think about that bridge, east of Guthrie? How they got us going beside it on that dirt road that they made in the creek. That's a lovely stretch of road. :lol:
They took out the old bridge, and then they put on the new concrete slab deals, but that's all they done. It's like they quit working. All their equipment is off to the side, but I don't ever see anyone around there. I reckon they gonna just have us drive across that canyon they made beside the bridge. :p

As soon as that check from Obama clears it'll be balls to the wall....

Jackrabbit379 08-13-2009 02:39 PM

Maybe that's why all the construction has come to a stop. :lol:

golfhobo 08-14-2009 03:46 AM

Just say NO!

MY week starts on Tuesdays. Mondays are line 5 time! :lol2:

Of course, Saturdays kinda suck! :hellno:

Jackrabbit379 08-14-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 459111)
Just say NO!

MY week starts on Tuesdays. Mondays are line 5 time! :lol2:

Of course, Saturdays kinda suck! :hellno:

:lol:
My week starts on Sundays. Most everyone is saying, 'TGIF' today. I said, 'TGIF', yesterday. Thursdays are my Fridays.

Today, I'm on line 5 (Diet Coke that is)

Hanzzsolo 08-20-2009 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=Where have they gone? There used to be posters on the forum, whom were posting their experiences as they got started, as well as some whom were just regular BSer's. Where have they gone??
[/QUOTE]

The moderators probably chased them out. When most get a temporary BAN they DO NOT COME BACK.