Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Former Coolie Carrier Driver now in AK! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38405-former-coolie-carrier-driver-now-ak.html)

belpre122 08-01-2009 05:30 PM

Former Coolie Carrier Driver now in AK!

Hey all you hobos! I made it! Crossed into AK 2 hours ago! Currently sitting at Fast Eddy's Restaurant in Tok, AK. Going to eat breakfast then the final 250 miles to Valdez! It's been an awesome trip. Unbelievable!!! I saw Bullwinkle a number of times ;)

I have some pics and stuff to share in a few days. For now....just going to soak it all in. The journey of my life for sure!

First order of business next week: I'm gonna find that grizzly and tell him all about the misdeeds of one GOLFHOBO! :)

More soon!

Syncrosonix 08-01-2009 06:00 PM

gary, you're up there chasing something else aren't you? ;)

ssoutlaw 08-01-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 457726)
Hey all you hobos! I made it! Crossed into AK 2 hours ago! Currently sitting at Fast Eddy's Restaurant in Tok, AK. Going to eat breakfast then the final 250 miles to Valdez! It's been an awesome trip. Unbelievable!!! I saw Bullwinkle a number of times ;)

I have some pics and stuff to share in a few days. For now....just going to soak it all in. The journey of my life for sure!

First order of business next week: I'm gonna find that grizzly and tell him all about the misdeeds of one GOLFHOBO! :)

More soon!

Did I miss something Big G?? Did not even know you left town, what are you doing in AK????

VitoCorleone99 08-01-2009 06:53 PM

Be sure to say hello to a certain private citizen up there for me. I haven't managed to cross paths with her just yet.

Windwalker 08-01-2009 08:32 PM

If you get a little east of there, get me a pic of Sargent Preston, and have his dog, Yukon King put a paw print on the back of it...:clap::smokin:

Phantom433a 08-02-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 457738)
If you get a little east of there, get me a pic of Sargent Preston, and have his dog, Yukon King put a paw print on the back of it...:clap::smokin:

oh you just dated yourself..............Head for Northpole and stop in at the Pipeline bar and have a cold one.

ronjon619 08-02-2009 01:00 AM

Do some crab fishing while your up there. I'm sure Sig will let you be a GREENHORN on his boat.

Jackrabbit379 08-02-2009 02:20 AM

Belpre, are you living up there now, or just been hauling stuff up there?

wildkat 08-02-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 457726)

More soon!

Good Lord! That means I'll be passing you sometime on the way... I'll be in Whitehorse on Tuesday...what ya drive & I'll be sure to steer clear!

:lol: :lol: :lol::clap: :clap: :clap:

Orangetxguy 08-05-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssoutlaw (Post 457729)
Did I miss something Big G?? Did not even know you left town, what are you doing in AK????

Gary is in the North-country chasing Honey!!! :lol2:

Good luck up there G!! :thumbsup: Get settled in and build a nice place for company!! Learn the tricks for catching the best salmon and halibut...then share with visitors in the coming years!!

For catching Dungeness crab....punch holes in a can of the greasiest cat food, stick it in the bait trap of a crab pot, and let it soak for a few hours. This also catches star fish! (Of course...if you make it outside of Prince William Sound....I expect to see pics of you holding your first King crab catch! Opillios *sp* don't count!!)