Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Ohhh S------------ (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38053-ohhh-s.html)

matcat 06-12-2009 09:07 PM

Ohhh S------------

Two-vehicle accident closes Interstate 81 - journal-news.net | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal
I-84 Reopened After Early-Morning Truck Crash -- Courant.com
Crash stalls traffic on NE 163rd St. in North Miami Beach - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com
Charlotte truck driver dies in accident

All happened today. That last one I had just gone through that scale house minutes before that accident.

ronjon619 06-13-2009 02:54 AM

50 car pile up on Cajon two days ago........when that fog hits LOOK OUT..
50-Vehicle Pileup Closes 15 Freeway | NBC Los Angeles

mike3fan 06-13-2009 03:33 AM

When is the state of NC gonna do something about their 1950's weigh stations with their short decel lanes and their reluctance to close when the ramps get backed up, everytime I'm down here I fear getting run into.

freebirdrfd 06-13-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 453112)
When is the state of NC gonna do something about their 1950's weigh stations with their short decel lanes and their reluctance to close when the ramps get backed up, everytime I'm down here I fear getting run into.

they need to get sued

matcat 06-13-2009 02:39 PM

From the article, it seems to me the driver was going way too fast, and probably realized he was about to miss the scale, and came flying into it. I don't really think it is the DOT's fault, it is the drivers fault, and he paid for it with the ultimate price.

freebirdrfd 06-13-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat (Post 453137)
From the article, it seems to me the driver was going way too fast, and probably realized he was about to miss the scale, and came flying into it. I don't really think it is the DOT's fault, it is the drivers fault, and he paid for it with the ultimate price.

but still they shouldn't have trucks backed up onto the highway. that's bullcrap that they get away with that crap

golfhobo 06-14-2009 03:53 PM

Been awhile since I been through that scalehouse, but some things just don't add up.

1. There IS (or was) a VERY long decel lane/ entry lane into that eastbound scale... and it was UPHILL.

2. There was a sign out there saying bypass if ramp full.

3. Food Lion trucks used to be governed at about 55 mph.

4. You can see the ramp from the hill (at Sharon Rd.) as you go down towards the bottom, where the uphill ramp begins.

5. This driver was too experienced (I believe) to make this kind of mistake.

Hawkjr 06-15-2009 12:42 AM

There's an Truck Accident on 81 Between PA and VA Every Other Day, and when it does traffic get's screwed to the fullest!! The other day i had to sit literally for 2 hours due to an overturn swifty!! 81 SUCKS!! but it's Beautiful tho lol

matcat 06-16-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 453249)
There's an Truck Accident on 81 Between PA and VA Every Other Day, and when it does traffic get's screwed to the fullest!! The other day i had to sit literally for 2 hours due to an overturn swifty!! 81 SUCKS!! but it's Beautiful tho lol

Lots of BBR's that underestimate some of the hills and curves on 81

Orangetxguy 06-20-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat (Post 453338)
Lots of BBR's that underestimate some of the hills and curves on 81

81 has bad hills and curves??

Where they be at??

:p

Seriously though.....81 isn't a bad road.....if you get rid of the rest of the traffic. :crossbones: