Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Fatigued Driving Evaluation Checklist (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/37578-fatigued-driving-evaluation-checklist.html)

Timothy J. Begle 04-30-2009 03:27 AM

Checklist Fatigue – A Land Line Now Special Series

Land Line Now presents a print version of our four-part series about the Fatigued Driving Evaluation Checklist, which is being used in Minnesota and Indiana as part of a process that frequently leads to truckers being put out of service. To read the stories in the series, click on the links below:

Part I: A so-called 'survey' puts a 30-year safe driver out of service LandLineNow: Checklist Fatigue Part I: A so-called 'survey' puts a 30-year safe driver out of service
Part II: Critics say checklist subjective, unscientific; officers stand by process LandLineNow: Checklist Fatigue Part II: Critics say checklist subjective, unscientific; officers stand by process
Part III: A conversation with the man who created the list, Capt. Ken Urquhart LandLineNow: Checklist Fatigue Part III: A conversation with the man who created the list, Capt. Ken Urquhart
Part IV: OOIDA officials say Minnesota's method creates more problems than it solves LandLineNow: Checklist Fatigue Part IV: OOIDA officials say Minnesota's method creates more problems than it solves

ALKELE 05-09-2009 04:18 AM

So, because I have a tv and dvds, books, laptop, cell phone, drink coffee (caffeine), only shave every other day, take prescription meds due to my diabetes, and my truck might be dirty because my company only pays for a truck wash once every three weeks means I am fatigued and have to be put out of service? what happens after the 10 hours when all that stuff is still the same? Do they put me out of service again until I throw everything out the window?

Some of these people will never be happy until there are no trucks on the road. It takes someone who is pretty stupid about trucks and truckers to come up with a checklist like that. Or given the cost of hearing him speak, someone who has found a way to make a lot of money. There are enough complications to a trucker's life without the stupidity that some of the non-drivers want to throw at us.

Fredog 05-09-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALKELE (Post 449462)
So, because I have a tv and dvds, books, laptop, cell phone, drink coffee (caffeine), only shave every other day, take prescription meds due to my diabetes, and my truck might be dirty because my company only pays for a truck wash once every three weeks means I am fatigued and have to be put out of service? what happens after the 10 hours when all that stuff is still the same? Do they put me out of service again until I throw everything out the window?

Some of these people will never be happy until there are no trucks on the road. It takes someone who is pretty stupid about trucks and truckers to come up with a checklist like that. Or given the cost of hearing him speak, someone who has found a way to make a lot of money. There are enough complications to a trucker's life without the stupidity that some of the non-drivers want to throw at us.

yes, you must get rid of everything, but dont throw it out the window, everyone knows that littering is a sign of fatigue!!
what will happen is you are well-rested, they determine you are fatigued and put you out for 10 hours.. you just got up and are not sleepy so you watch tv.. read.. and play on your computer for 10 hours, now you ARE tired but you have to go, you just lost 10 hours, way to keep us safe you morons!!