Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Anyone else heard this? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/36288-anyone-else-heard.html)

thebaldeagle655 11-26-2008 08:25 PM

Anyone else heard this?

I heard on the CB and at the sheetrock plant in Duke, Ok that Boyd Bros Transportation has told their drivers, take the truck home, not to the yard, apply for unemployment and contact the office after the first of the year to see if Boyd is going to resume operations or not.

This is SERIOUS and unfortunately I am afraid is only one of the many to come. I have been watching for 3 days now before posting this and have not seen a single Boyd truck on the hiway. I can only with the drivers of Boyd good luck and that all the loads that they will now not be hauling will be picked up by Westar so I can continue to have a job :)

Jackrabbit379 11-26-2008 09:13 PM

Dag gum. That not sound too good. I havent heard that. Of course, I dont ever see anyone. Not much traffic on HWY 82. :lol: Just the deer and the pigs. :p

Orangetxguy 11-26-2008 10:40 PM

The website is still up and running.

Jumbo 11-27-2008 12:43 AM

I have seen their trucks up and down 75. some loaded, some not. And a couple bobtails.

rigidsporty 11-27-2008 11:35 PM

I passed one today in Illinois that was loaded heading south on I-57. I tried to ask him about it but he didnt have his radio on.

Rev.Vassago 11-28-2008 12:15 AM

There's one parked about 4 spots down from me with a load on his flatbed.

Malaki86 11-28-2008 12:53 AM

It would be strange for them to tell the drivers to take their trucks home and apply for unemployment, then call after the first of the year. Any company I know of would want their equipment on their yard.

GMAN 11-28-2008 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Malaki86:
It would be strange for them to tell the drivers to take their trucks home and apply for unemployment, then call after the first of the year. Any company I know of would want their equipment on their yard.

It does sound rather odd. If they are attempting to reorganize they may not want all of their equipment on the premises.

JeffTheTerrible 11-28-2008 06:21 AM

I was talking to a Boyd Brothers driver the other day as I was taking on fuel, actually. IIRC, he had a load on him. But this was before I read any of this, so of course the question never came up.

DaveP 11-28-2008 02:59 PM

Hmmm....a Boyd driver parks at the same business I do on weekends. I noticed his truck was sitting there empty when I left out last Sunday and it's still there now.

I was thinking vacation but......