Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   turbo 3000 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/36046-turbo-3000-a.html)

Fredog 10-31-2008 10:43 PM

turbo 3000

Well, 3 of our owner/ops have purchased this thing and they all say it works. the one guy showed me his log and he went from 4.9 to 6.5 over a 3 month period, the other guys say they get about a mile to a gallon more. these are all C-15 cats.
anybody here tried it? I think I'm going to try it, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it.

Rev.Vassago 10-31-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 420959)
I think I'm going to try it, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it.

And they claim it takes 60 days to see a fuel savings.:block:

Snake oil, nothing more. It consists of a hollow tube with some magnets. If someone is seeing a MPG increase after installing it, there is another reason for it.

Fredog 10-31-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 420964)
And they claim it takes 60 days to see a fuel savings.:block:

Snake oil, nothing more. It consists of a hollow tube with some magnets. If someone is seeing a MPG increase after installing it, there is another reason for it.

he claims he did nothing else.

Fredog 11-01-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 420966)
he claims he did nothing else.

I was wrong, it's a 60 day guarantee

Windwalker 11-01-2008 02:54 PM

I don't know that I'm going to break your bubble. I have a cousin that swears it works well. He calls it the "TURBO 3000 FUEL ATOMIZER".
But, I've had a look at one that was not installed. While that was a few years ago, I seem to remember a fitting about 4 inches long that goes into the fuel line. If you look inside, it simply looks like a series of baffles through the center. My first thought when I looked at it... Sure not worth $200. You can make your own for just a few dollars. All it does is provide a resistance to fuel pump pressure. And, if it's supposed to "ATOMIZE" the fuel... Think about it... It must still be a liquid when it gets to the injectors.
In order to increase your fuel economy, you must either add carbon molecules, or add a suplement energy like propane, hydrogen, or methane. Or, you must add oxygen to provice better burning and reduction in the solid particles emitted.

When I asked the shop manager about my cousin's fuel economy, we found out that despite all my cousin's claims about improvements, the figures said there was absolutely no noticable difference. His truck burned about the same average amount of fuel, month for month, after it was installed as it did before. So, I never spent the money. My own conclusion... THE "POWER OF POSITIVE SUGGESTION"...HYPNOSIS

Windwalker 11-01-2008 03:07 PM

Another thing you might consider is asking a dealer if it does any good. Engine manufacturers, and especially truck makers, are trying to make their models more fuel efficient all the time. Not long ago, I read an article that showed where International was claiming 1/10 of a mile per gallon over Frightliner because of the aerodynamics of their design. Just one tenth of a mile per gallon better. Same trailer, same load, same course, and just that much less fuel. But, it earned a write-up in Trucker's News. With that, don't you think that if it actually worked, a TURBO-3000 would already be on the truck from the factory? Anything to give it better fuel economy over a competitor?

Rev.Vassago 11-01-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeTURBO (Post 421043)
Another thing you might consider is asking a dealer if it does any good.

Most dealers are in on the scam. I wonder what kind of profit margin the makers of this snake oil device are giving them? It seems that every dealer I've been at has them front and center on the counter, for everyone to see.

Kranky 11-01-2008 06:15 PM

Actually, snake oil would probably do more good than the Turbo 3000, because snake oil would at least contribute some BTU's to the combustion process.;)

BigDiesel 11-01-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 420959)
Well, 3 of our owner/ops have purchased this thing and they all say it works. the one guy showed me his log and he went from 4.9 to 6.5 over a 3 month period, the other guys say they get about a mile to a gallon more. these are all C-15 cats.
anybody here tried it? I think I'm going to try it, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it.

What is Rutherford paying you as a turbo30000000 shill ???? :rofl:

Mackman 11-01-2008 06:45 PM

My dad put 3 turbo3000s in a row on his truck and he is getting almost 15mpg. :lol:

I just think if it really worked so good all of the mega fleets would have them