Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   What I want In A President... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/35485-what-i-want-president.html)

mommee 09-11-2008 01:40 PM

What I want In A President...

For my next president, I want a president with some balls. Is that too much to ask? Someone who can take the hard line and take care of business, without referring to today's public opinion polls first. A person who can command the military and sending them where they are needed, knowing full well the consequences of these actions. Somebody who will take of things without trying to win a popularity contest.

It just irks me to no end that all politicians today are basing their decisions by popularity polls and then back peddle, when their choice is not in style anymore.

Okay, I'm done now. :?

Drew10 09-11-2008 02:15 PM

You got a good point. As I listen to news/talk during the day, too many of the so called voters, mainly the young generation, are are looking at the Candidates as Celebrities. Some even say they are "Fans" of so and so (mainly referring to Obama). It is turning into a popularity contest. Hopefully we can get a President/Vice President with the "balls" that is popular. But, when they say they are "Fans" of a candidate...that is bothersome.

Hmmm. Maybe in 4yrs, the next election will be pickup by a TV Network and turned into a TV "Reality Show", and we can all vote by text message. :wink:

Trukrswyfe 09-11-2008 02:21 PM

Re: What I want In A President...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommee
For my next president, I want a president with some balls. Is that too much to ask? Someone who can take the hard line and take care of business, without referring to today's public opinion polls first. A person who can command the military and sending them where they are needed, knowing full well the consequences of these actions. Somebody who will take of things without trying to win a popularity contest.

It just irks me to no end that all politicians today are basing their decisions by popularity polls and then back peddle, when their choice is not in style anymore.

Okay, I'm done now. :?

Well said, I just want to move to the Moon. I'm tired of this place. I want to "pilgrim up". Maybe the martians will welcome me and my family and then we can all have Thanksgiving dinner together like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIufyg09WnQ

So how bout it Mom

Dad can we blow this popsicle stand? 8)

Drew10 09-11-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Dad can we blow this popsicle stand?
Im ready to move to Alaska.... 8) :wink:

or....maybe Hawaii..... :wink: :D

Trukrswyfe 09-11-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew10
Quote:

Good enough for me.

Packing..... quickly.
Please pick me up on the way. 8)

Wait a second, it isn't because of the hot gov, mommee won't like that.

RebelDarlin 09-11-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Things are in the works here to make the move to Alaska next Spring! Can't wait. You can have Hawaii! My Dad has lived there for 15 years, I've been there 3 times and I hate it. I hate sand, and I sunburn way too easy. The only good thing I found there was the SCUBA diving. :wink:

Drew10 09-11-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:

Quote:

THings are in the works here to make the move to Alaska next Spring! Can't wait. You can have Hawaii! My Dad has lived ther for 15 years, I've been there 3 times and I hate it. I hate sand, and I sunburn way too easy. The only good thing I found there was the SCUBA diving. :wink:

Ive been to both states many time....and really like both. They are on the opposite ends of the spectrum from each other though. But....I love both states.

Quote:

Wait a second, it isn't because of the hot gov, mommee won't like that.
:shock: :shock: Ahhhh!!! what "hot gov" would that be? :? No, I just like the state, Yeah thats the ticket I just like the state. :wink:

Trukrswyfe 09-11-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Hawaii it is.

You buying? :lol: :lol:

Drew10 09-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Quote:

Hawaii it is.

You buying? :lol: :lol:

Im "buying" and, Flying. 8) :wink:

RebelDarlin 09-11-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:

Quote:

Things are in the works here to make the move to Alaska next Spring! Can't wait. You can have Hawaii! My Dad has lived there for 15 years, I've been there 3 times and I hate it. I hate sand, and I sunburn way too easy. The only good thing I found there was the SCUBA diving. :wink:

Ive been to both states many time....and really like both. They are on the opposite ends of the spectrum from each other though. But....I love both states.

I like the people in Alaska much better. Much more down to earth up there, and MUCH nicer. I get "Island Fever" after about 3 days in Hawaii, and can't wait to get out of there!