Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Senator Joe Biden's View on truckers. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/35234-senator-joe-bidens-view-truckers.html)

Windwalker 09-01-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Wind, that IE link only says that a semi and car were involved. Do you have another one that says different? It says Biden's first wife pulled off from a stop sign in front of the semi and got plowed.

Go to the link and read the whole article. In a speech, he told University of Delaware students:
Quote:

Yet years later, Biden would be quoted at least twice suggesting to crowds that his wife and daughter had been killed by a drunk driver. In the aftermath of September 11th, Biden gave a speech to University of Delaware students to reassure them. INSIDE EDITION found that speech archived on Biden's own website in which he told the crowd, "I got one of those phone calls...I got a phone call saying, 'Your wife's dead; your daughter's dead' ... It was an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them."
I was under the impression that he was saying the truck driver was drunk. But, this suggests there was a third vehicle involved, and that THAT was the driver that was drunk.

Go back to the link and read 10th paragraph down. Either he is dillusional about it, or he's telling lies about it for convenience of the situation. And, we've had enough lies of convenience with Iraq, haven't we?

For that matter, I really don't think I want someone "dillusional" near the button that will start WWIII.

RebelDarlin 09-01-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Wind, that IE link only says that a semi and car were involved. Do you have another one that says different? It says Biden's first wife pulled off from a stop sign in front of the semi and got plowed.

If you read the whole thing, the story is a little different every time he tells it.

gordoUSA 09-02-2008 04:11 PM

Joe Biden is hardly dillusional.

The dillusional one is scrub Bush thinking he has the brains to be President.

Cheney is dillusional in thinking that "outing" a undercover CIA agent during a time of war is "good politics" and not treason!

Rev.Vassago 09-02-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordoUSA

Cheney is dillusional in thinking that "outing" a undercover CIA agent during a time of war is "good politics" and not treason!

Since neither Bush nor Cheney are running for President, that's hardly relevant.

Trukrswyfe 09-02-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordoUSA

Since neither Bush nor Cheney are running for President, that's hardly relevant.

Since when did posts need to be relevant.

Rev.Vassago 09-02-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe

It's in the rules. Look it up.

:wink:

Trukrswyfe 09-02-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe

It's in the rules. Look it up.

:wink:

Yes sir, I'll get right on that. :wink:

rules smules..... We don't need no stinking rules.

BTW:
I can barely follow the last few threads, if there was a topic well defined, there sure ain't any more. Not that I care.

just saying. 8)

Mr. Ford95 09-02-2008 08:43 PM

Yeah ok Wind, I read right on by that and missed it. My bad :D

ben45750 09-02-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN
I would probably have voted for McCain anyway, but his VP choice pushed it over the top for me.

Me too!!!!!! How can you not love this woman.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5...390911aqi6.jpg

gordoUSA 09-03-2008 03:07 PM

Need to remember Palin was picked SOLELY to attrack the disgruntled Hillary voters. The "token" woman on the ticket. The town she was mayor of, the big topic was wether to pave the dirt roads! Biggest attrction there now, is a big box "Target" store is coming to town. Hell, my high school was half the size of her town.
Being a "born again Christian" she tried to have some books in the town library BANNED because SHE found them offensive? When the librarian refused to be part of HER censorship, the librarian was fired. But due to outcry of the townsfolk, the librarian was reinstated.
Vice President is largely a "ceromonial" position, President of the Senate, but rarely attends the daily meetings of the Senate. She might have beat back a few of the local yokels from Alaska, but the US Senate is the "elite" group of professional politicians, special interest enablers, and liars in the country, she is going to have a difficult time dealing with those crooks.
She has a 1 year old child with Downs Syndrome, a son heading off to the endless war in Iraq, and now a pregnant teenage daughter. Seems her plate is pretty full.