Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   20 Questions RostyC (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/35036-20-questions-rostyc.html)

RostyC 08-16-2008 12:39 AM

20 Questions RostyC

What the Heck go ahead. I haven't posted here much but ask what you want.

Syncrosonix 08-16-2008 12:46 AM

who is your daddy and what does he do?

BlooMoose 08-16-2008 01:44 AM

Who did you start out your driving career with and when did you start? (I know, that's two - but they kind of go together).

RostyC 08-16-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
who is your daddy and what does he do?

My Dad was a huxter, he started with a 1957? suburban, then a 8 foot step van, then a 12 foot step van, which is what I remember as a child. He would load his truck with eggs, fruit and vegetables and take them to Baltimore and Washington to sell them. He had regular customers and each day had it's own route.

I would go along in the summer, when school was out, and help him. He taught me how to count money (which I still love to do :lol: ) and drive the truck. That man could drive anything, if I wasn't sitting on his lap driving I was shifting gears standing next to him.

Four years ago, he fell down a flight of stairs and suffered a major brain injury, he's not the same man that was my hero for many years. I miss my Dad and our long talks that we used to have as I grew older.

His decline came from his wife (my step mom) that got breast cancer at the age of 35 and died when she was 40. Dad drank a lot to cope with it and that's why (I think) he fell down the stairs.

RostyC 08-16-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlooMoose
Who did you start out your driving career with and when did you start? (I know, that's two - but they kind of go together).

I went through driving school in 93 and got hired by JB Hunt. I went through there training program and didn't like it. I think because I always worked for my Dad or for small outfits where I knew the boss on a personal level, I didn't trust them, so I went back to construction.

Then in 99 I went to work for L&H Trucking in Hanover, PA and the same thing happened again. They pushed me and tried to f**k me and I told them to shove it. That's why I'm doing it my way this time pass or fail.

BlooMoose 08-16-2008 03:06 AM

I am so glad you have great memories of your dad. Nothing can replace those memories. You are a lucky man.

When I was little, I used to think I'd grow up to be a radiator man because I loved going to my dad's shop with him. When he and my mom got divorced, everything stopped. I didn't know what I was going to do after that. He got a new family and moved on. He calls once a year on my birthday - that's it. My kids don't even know him. They call him "that man" as in "Mommy, who's that man?" That took a lot of getting over.

RostyC 08-16-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

I am so glad you have great memories of your dad. Nothing can replace those memories. You are a lucky man.

When I was little, I used to think I'd grow up to be a radiator man because I loved going to my dad's shop with him. When he and my mom got divorced, everything stopped. I didn't know what I was going to do after that. He got a new family and moved on. He calls once a year on my birthday - that's it. My kids don't even know him. They call him "that man" as in "Mommy, who's that man?" That took a lot of getting over.

My parents divorced when I was thirteen, it was and still is tough. That's gotta be hard to live with BlooMoose, I feel for ya. There's always a special place in my heart for kids of divorced parents, cause I know the pain they feel.

Roadhog 08-16-2008 12:33 PM

Okay...time for a serious question. :?

Yer thoughts...??....besides...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haw! wit-teeeesh (sound of cracking whip)
[don't lie...your NSFW answer please]

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/alba2.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/alba3.gif

RostyC 08-16-2008 01:01 PM

Makes me all tingly all over............. :shock:

My, my, my.......... if she was wearing a hat it would really top it all off. I dig chicks in hats man.

ORPLINER 08-21-2008 04:56 AM

And some people say she can't act!!(Who cares!!??) I thought i was on the wrong web site for a second!

Syncrosonix 08-21-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog
Okay...time for a serious question. :?

Yer thoughts...??....besides...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haw! wit-teeeesh (sound of cracking whip)
[don't lie...your NSFW answer please]

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/alba2.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nd10/alba3.gif

that just gave me a stiffy. i love latinas.

BlooMoose 08-21-2008 03:37 PM

Even I have to admit, she's pretty hot. But aren't all Texas gals?

Trukrswyfe 08-21-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

The northern girls with the way they kiss.
They keep their boyfriends warm at night.
I wish we all could be California
I wish we all could be California
I wish we all could be California girls! :lol: sorry what was the topic again?

Thankx Roadhog. :twisted:

Double L 08-21-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Texas is heaven thats for sure, ain't nothing but sexy looking babes down there ripe for the picking. :D :P

RebelDarlin 08-21-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
Quote:

Texas is heaven thats for sure, ain't nothing but sexy looking babes down there ripe for the picking. :D :P

Yep, everythings BIGGER in Texas. Why do youthink I like cowboys???? :wink: :twisted:

Double L 08-21-2008 04:39 PM

They take their experiences from riding a horse to the bedroom? :lol:

marylandkw 08-21-2008 05:54 PM

How much would you charge to hang drywall in a room already back to studs? Lets just say the room is 16X16 with a staircase in it and you can only get 6'X4' sheet of drywall into it?

O wait...trucker message board...umm...And how much would it cost for you to drive here to do it?

RostyC 08-21-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marylandkw
How much would you charge to hang drywall in a room already back to studs? Lets just say the room is 16X16 with a staircase in it and you can only get 6'X4' sheet of drywall into it?

O wait...trucker message board...umm...And how much would it cost for you to drive here to do it?

I'll haul it in for 5.00 a mile, it's short miles u no AND I have the dead head home unless I can find some one in Hampstead that needs a room hung in the afternoon.

On the job itself, you do know I'm certified now and as such do not have to work cheap. :D You should remember, you're the one that certified me, however I don't do favors neither. :lol:

Seriously, do you think you could at least get a 8 foot sheet through the stairway? 6' makes for A LOT of joints.
If you drop down to 3/8" drywall it's a little more flexible albeit thinner, but might make the turn.

Anybody else with a construction related question feel free, I could be like the Bob Villa of CAD. :D

BlooMoose 08-21-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Yep, everythings BIGGER in Texas. Why do youthink I like cowboys???? :wink: :twisted:

Don't get me started on cowboys today!!! *pant pant*

HOWEVER...I'd trade every cowboy in Texas for Kid Rock (thanks to you know who for reminding me to look at Kid Rock once a day). I'd have that man's baby (yes...even at my age). He is just so freaking hot. Dang...I need to take a break.............this office is getting a little warm.

RostyC 08-21-2008 07:15 PM

MDKW, another option is to get 4x12x1/2" drywall and cut them outside to longest possible length,say 11'6", then cut it again some where around six feet give or take. It would have to be dry day of course. :wink:

If you have some windows in the room it also alleviates some of the problem.

geomon 08-21-2008 09:17 PM

Rosty...so you haven't driven since '99? Any recent experience or are you going to jump right in like ol Stevie did?

RostyC 08-21-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geomon
Rosty...so you haven't driven since '99? Any recent experience or are you going to jump right in like ol Stevie did?

Nope, I haven't driven since '99,and no, not like Steve I've done things a little different then that. I just can't work for people or companies at this stage of my life, but I do things my way all the same. I'll go into detail tomorrow when I have time. BTW, Thank you for the spreadsheets Geomon, it's been a big help.

geomon 08-21-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

I'll go into detail tomorrow when I have time.
If you live thru the night... :wink:

RebelDarlin 08-22-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
They take their experiences from riding a horse to the bedroom? :lol:

Get your mind out of the bedroom young man! http://www.smileycons.com/img/default/0520.gif

geomon 08-22-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

BTW, Thank you for the spreadsheets Geomon, it's been a big help
Yer welcome Rosty....Rosty?....ROSTY??....damn, she got him last night.