Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   I just discovered the "Album" feature... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/34682-i-just-discovered-album-feature.html)

JewelsnTools 07-20-2008 07:10 AM

I just discovered the "Album" feature...

I've learned a lot, here, and come to look forward to reading many of your thoughts. It would be nice to affix a face to a name...
When I'm "out there", I'm never sure whether or not it's okay to smile or speak to my fellow drivers---everyone seems so closed off. It would be nice to see some "faces" on here...
Then, too, my hillbilly upbringing may be showing! :lol:
Here's hoping to finally get to "see" some of you!
Jewels

GMAN 07-20-2008 12:55 PM

It never hurts to smile or say "hello." Some drivers are friendly, others may not be so much.

RebelDarlin 07-20-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by GMAN:
It never hurts to smile or say "hello." Some drivers are friendly, others may not be so much.

That is true G-man, however woman drivers out there alone have to be more careful and exercise a whole lot more discretion. Just sayin'

GMAN 07-20-2008 02:48 PM

I understand that women must be a bit more careful, RebelDarlin. I think women can be friendly without being overt. I think there is a fine line between being flirtatious and friendly. I feel that women can control a situation by the way they handle things. If a woman dresses provocatively and is friendly, then she may get some unwanted attention. If she dresses conservatively and is friendly, she is more likely to be treated with respect when talking to other male drivers.

RebelDarlin 07-20-2008 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by GMAN:
I understand that women must be a bit more careful, RebelDarlin. I think women can be friendly without being overt. I think there is a fine line between being flirtatious and friendly. I feel that women can control a situation by the way they handle things. If a woman dresses provocatively and is friendly, then she may get some unwanted attention. If she dresses conservatively and is friendly, she is more likely to be treated with respect when talking to other male drivers.

Which is true if everyone out there was like you, unfortunately they aren't. I wear a uniform, not provocative or even flattering. I am far from a flirt, off duty or on. But I have learned there are too many men out there that take a simple smile the wrong way. Things, around here anyway, are not how they used to be. Just sayin' be careful.

Or maybe I just attract crazy people. :lol:

Phantom433a 07-20-2008 06:58 PM

I don't smile alot and people look at me and think "A-HOLE!!!!!!!", but many times people are like "man when I first saw you I thought A-HOLE!!!!!, but now that I know you....completely different opinion." So you can't judge a book by its cover....wel not always anyway.....if I see a book with trains on the cover....pretty much going to believe its about trains. :lol:

JewelsnTools 07-21-2008 05:22 AM

Let me rephrase that...

Thanks for the responses, drivers. What I was really hoping to find out was whether or not people on HERE would be open to posting pictures of themselves, their trucks, etc., so I could "see" the faces of the people who've taught me so much!
It was cool to "see" Kahlana (sp?) and Warhorse (and beautiful friend!)---sort of like "knowing" new friends, on here.
I wouldn't mind, though, if Twilight Flyer just kept his avatar up. No offense, friend, but that picture reminds me of wonderful old days!
:lol:
Just wondering if others have ever read an incredible post and wanted to "see" the person who'd written it, or who'd given advice that really helped!
Any thoughts?
Jewels

Drew10 07-21-2008 11:04 AM

Ive seen the Album feature....poked around in it a couple times, but never put any pictures in it. So I put one in, as well. Looks like they go into an approval "phase" before they are actually posted, though.

GMAN 07-21-2008 12:08 PM

I would have to get a new mask before I published my photo. :wink:

Double L 07-21-2008 03:00 PM

GMAN that mask has to come off sometime, you can't keep hiding ya know. :lol: