Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Question About Hazmat Endorsement!!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/32726-question-about-hazmat-endorsement.html)

wimpy 03-02-2008 11:00 PM

Question About Hazmat Endorsement!!!!

I am applying for a hazmat endorsement and not sure what the meaning of "X" or "H" Endorsement is.
Looking to see if anyone may know what the difference is?
I am looking to go back OTR and wanting to get the Hazmat, but when I went to fill out the application for HME it asks me what endorsement I want.. "X" or "H".......

ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT!

Rev.Vassago 03-03-2008 12:01 AM

H is Hazmat.

X is Tanker Hazmat.

wimpy 03-03-2008 03:40 AM

Thanks Rev. but now if I have "H" endorsement does that mean I can drive any commercial vehicle including tankers with hazmat or is that "H" just for like if I was to haul a 53ft. box. and then later on if I wanted to get into tankers I would need "H" and also "X" endorsement???

Rev.Vassago 03-03-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimpy
Thanks Rev. but now if I have "H" endorsement does that mean I can drive any commercial vehicle including tankers with hazmat or is that "H" just for like if I was to haul a 53ft. box. and then later on if I wanted to get into tankers I would need "H" and also "X" endorsement???

If you get the tanker endorsement (N) and the Hazmat endorsement (H), you will have an X endorsement on your license.

Fredog 03-03-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimpy

if you want to pull a tanker with hazmat, you have to have the "x" endorsement. "h" will let you pull any hazmat except tanker. "t" will let you pull tanker WITHOUT hazmat. the "x" is just tanker and hazmat endorsement combined into one, go ahead and get the x endorsement even if you dont plan to use it. it's only another 5 bucks..

Rev.Vassago 03-03-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
"t" will let you pull tanker WITHOUT hazmat.

The tanker endorsement is (N), not (T). (T) is doubles/triples.

Fredog 03-03-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
"t" will let you pull tanker WITHOUT hazmat.

The tanker endorsement is (N), not (T). (T) is doubles/triples.

yea, I thought that didnt sound right

DaveFromColorado 03-03-2008 03:47 PM

I suppose I'm a li'l confused about this now ...

if I've already got a tanker endorsement, and I get the Hazmat endorsement, is it automatically an X, or would I have to get a separate endorsement to pull hazmat tankers?

--Dave.

Mackman 03-03-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveFromColorado

if I've already got a tanker endorsement, and I get the Hazmat endorsement, is it automatically an X, or would I have to get a separate endorsement to pull hazmat tankers?

--Dave.

You are right it will become a X. and that is all you need to pull hazmat tankers

Rev.Vassago 03-03-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveFromColorado

--Dave.

(H)+(N)=(X)