Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Just don't get it...math is important! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/30683-just-dont-get-math-important.html)

GMAN 11-25-2007 02:21 PM

Yea, but it is only 1/2" on the map. :lol: :roll:

11-25-2007 03:47 PM

Never will forget that day with Millis. It is Friday night at 4 in the afternoon and they refused to pay the tolls to let me go around the city on the Tollway. I was not eating the tolls to go around it and the Customer closed at 5 on the northend near the WI line in Gurnee. I ran right through the city like a good boy and got there at 630 got my but chewed out for being late. Turns out I had on the BEER for the Bears game that weekend and the Distrib refused to come in on Saturday to unload me also. Millis found out do not expect to get a load thru DOWNTOWN CHICAGO IN LESS than 1 hour in the middle of Fridays rush hour.

Snowman7 11-26-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizzle
Last week, I was over axle on my tandems by 560 lbs. I had guessed the correct place to put the tandems on round one. The drives were legal and the only way to make the tandems legal was to take off a pallet.

I went back to the shipper, whom conincidentally was also another trucking company and explained that one of the pallets needed to be removed. I was quite surprised when one of the guys asked, "can you move the tandems to make it legal?" Now, I don't know about you guys but I was rather "miffed" I think he thought that since I was a blonde that I didn't know what I was doing.

I was quite pleased with myself when I handed him the scale ticket and he realized that the "good looking blonde" was actually RIGHT. Imagine that a three year driver who actually knows what's what?!?

Too funny. Wish I had a video camea of his expression when he realized that I was right. He was so determined to be able to "correct my misinterpretation." I almost made a remark "Well I guess after three years of driving I should know something huh?" Decided that his perplexed expression was enough satisfaction for me! :) 8) :roll:

I dont mean to spoil your fun but its not a blonde thing or a woman thing. Its a lazy thing because they dont want to do anymore than they have to. They say the same thing to every driver.

Sizzle 11-26-2007 12:46 PM

Snowman7, thanks for your input. That may not have been the case at that particular place. However, I can assure you I've been "grilled" at other places before. I agree they only want to do the minimum work necessary.

Although, sometimes I am certain that I am more scrutinized than the guys are. I always like it when I'm right and they don't quite know how to react. They usually stutter and stammer. Too funny!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: