Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Looking for a new job that will allow my dog (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/29906-looking-new-job-will-allow-my-dog.html)

Sabine 09-27-2007 01:28 PM

Looking for a new job that will allow my dog

Well, after over a year with my employer, I think I need to put my feelers out. I am tired of being pressured to run illegal. Tired of just a day off here and there, and soooo tired of NYC.

Here is what I need.

1. A company with a pet policy. My dog is good size, about 60 lbs, and giving him up is not negotiable. My husband died, leaving me with my pup as the only family I have.

I have been driving for over 7 years, one ticket ever.

2. Good home time, regional would be great, but not necessary.

3. Decent pay, I won't work for peanuts.

The rest is not important, I don't care if I drive an old truck, new truck, brand is not important....

Please help me. Thanks

Oh, there is a company in KC, not huge, allows pets, good home time, and I forget their name, no matter how hard I try to remember. Wasn't a good fit for hubby and I, but for me alone it may be. Anyone know it?

PackRatTDI 09-27-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Looking for a new job that will allow my dog

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabine
Well, after over a year with my employer, I think I need to put my feelers out. I am tired of being pressured to run illegal. Tired of just a day off here and there, and soooo tired of NYC.

Here is what I need.

1. A company with a pet policy. My dog is good size, about 60 lbs, and giving him up is not negotiable. My husband died, leaving me with my pup as the only family I have.

I have been driving for over 7 years, one ticket ever.

2. Good home time, regional would be great, but not necessary.

3. Decent pay, I won't work for peanuts.

The rest is not important, I don't care if I drive an old truck, new truck, brand is not important....

Please help me. Thanks

Oh, there is a company in KC, not huge, allows pets, good home time, and I forget their name, no matter how hard I try to remember. Wasn't a good fit for hubby and I, but for me alone it may be. Anyone know it?

TransAm?

greg3564 09-27-2007 08:40 PM

I few that I can think of that have a decent rep that take pets-

DeBoer(50 lbs)
USF Glen Moore
Hill Bros.
CalArk
Shaffer
CFI
Anderson ATS

Fredog 09-29-2007 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg3564

DeBoer(50 lbs)
USF Glen Moore
Hill Bros.
CalArk
Shaffer
CFI
Anderson ATS

Shaffer/ Crete have a 30 pound limit. dont know about the rest

09-29-2007 11:47 AM

GiveEarl Henderson a call has a KC Dedicated fleet or you can go Long haul all trucks have APU's pay is around 38 cpm plus 20 per diem on top of that and all trucks are 3 years old or less trailers 4 years old or less.

Sabine 09-29-2007 12:14 PM

I just got in, and wanted to thank you for the replies. Some of them I knew already, others I didn't, so this gives me something to check out this weekend.

My very good friend works for Henderson, has for 3 years, and this will be his last week. They are starving him. He sits as much as he drives. He used to love it there, he does not want to change jobs, but under the circumstance he feels he must.

I talked to a Hill Bros. driver recently and I got the impression that they want you to pretty much just run, run and run. I am trying to get away from that.

The others I am going to check out and give a call come Monday.

Thanks a bunch, if there are more you can all think of, please let me know.

Karnajj 09-29-2007 11:11 PM

[quote="Fredog"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg3564

Shaffer/ Crete have a 30 pound limit. dont know about the rest

Yeah, but they rarely enforce it.