Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   What type of Education you got??? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/28377-what-type-education-you-got.html)

Mackman 07-20-2007 01:58 PM

What type of Education you got???

Just wanted to know what type of education my fellow drivers got. For me i have my GED. That was a big step for me. I dont even know why i got it. But it will never hurt to have it. It was one of them things i had to do it to prove it to my self i could get it.

07-20-2007 02:47 PM

2 year degree in diesel mechanics plus a PHD in the school of Hard Knocks. Trust me I learned enough about from that one to be a professor in that one.

Sheepdancer 07-20-2007 03:34 PM

1. Bachelor of Science degree in aviation business administration w/ a minor in applied meteorology
2. MBA

How i ended up in the trucking industry, I have no idea. Just sort of "happened"

Useless 07-20-2007 05:06 PM

Associate Applied Science: Radiologic Technology

Bachelor of Science: Nursing

Graduate:
Real Estate Institute

Ph.D (Piled Higher & Deeper): Truckinology, RoadMaster Wholesale Freight Relocation University.

Headed back to school sometime next year to study film acting, most likely in either in New York or L.A.!!

Useless 07-20-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
1. Bachelor of Science degree in aviation business administration w/ a minor in applied meteorology
2. MBA

How i ended up in the trucking industry, I have no idea. Just sort of "happened"

Dayumm, Sheepdancer!!

Where do you live??....And what ARE you doing working in trucking??

:shock: If you had a CPL or ATP rating, along with type ratings for Lears or Citations, with those credentials, I know several different corporations and flight management companies who would kidnapp you if they thought they could get away with it!!

Cripplecreek 07-20-2007 05:56 PM

GED, a few completed credits in Tech school and Junior college, and completion of CDL school through tech school. Washing windows and hanging window film is my trade now, although I still want to go OTR when the time is right.

Hat Rak 07-20-2007 06:04 PM

Bachelor of Music, Berklee College of Music, majored in Music Production & Engineering.

Using that degree too, but also driving a truck.

Midnight Flyer 07-20-2007 06:50 PM

:D Attended Arkansas State University and Arkansas Tech University with a major in beer and women and minor in journalism/communications!! 8)

Ironturkey 07-20-2007 06:58 PM

8th grade. Self taught driver.

Sheepdancer 07-20-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
2. MBA

Dayumm, Sheepdancer!!

Where do you live??....And what ARE you doing working in trucking??

:shock: If you had a CPL or ATP rating, along with type ratings for Lears or Citations, with those credentials, I know several different corporations and flight management companies who would kidnapp you if they thought they could get away with it!!

I never really wanted to fly planes for a living. I concentrated more on the managment and maintenance side of things.
Aviation is a horrible career when it comes to job stability. Originally, the "plan" was for me and a buddy to start a jet management company. But that fell through due to a couple of DWIs. ( not me...the buddy) At that time, the only jobs I was being offered at the airlines didnt pay crap. I went to work for Pratt & Whitney, selling jet engines. Paid well, but because of job cuts, I lost that position. Decided to go back to Business school and make myself a little more well rounded. Living in NW arkansas if you want to make pretty good money in corporate business, you most likely are going to work for either, Walmart, Tyson or JB Hunt. Worked for Walmart for awhile, however Jb came along and offered me a better paying job with better benefits....so 5 years later Im still here.