Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Truck black boxes? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/26709-truck-black-boxes.html)

Brown67 05-05-2007 02:40 AM

Truck black boxes?

Do trucks have black boxes in them? I was reading something about a truck driver being written a ticket for speeding only to produce the black box from his truck to prove the trooper had lied about him speeding. Not a bad idea if you obey the law.

Cluggy619 05-05-2007 02:49 AM

Re: Truck black boxes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown67
Do trucks have black boxes in them? I was reading something about a truck driver being written a ticket for speeding only to produce the black box from his truck to prove the trooper had lied about him speeding. Not a bad idea if you obey the law.

All quailcomm have the ability to track each truck, and how fast it goes. And most driving companies will place a lo-jack type system in their truck if they don't use quailcomm.

This is solely at the companies discretion. They may tell you, or they may not. But they are watching your speed, truck movements, etc.

This techonoligy is rather simple. If you are worried about about lying cops, buy yourself a gps system, and keep it with you. Some will let you store your movement data.

But be warned...it could be used against you too. :roll:

terrylamar 05-05-2007 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown67

All quailcomm have the ability to track each truck, and how fast it goes. And most driving companies will place a lo-jack type system in their truck if they don't use quailcomm.

This is solely at the companies discretion. They may tell you, or they may not. But they are watching your speed, truck movements, etc.

This techonoligy is rather simple. If you are worried about about lying cops, buy yourself a gps system, and keep it with you. Some will let you store your movement data.

But be warned...it could be used against you too. :roll:

QUALCOMM

Jackrabbit379 05-05-2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar
QUALCOMM

I saw that, too. :P :lol:

Brown, our trucks have on-board computers that keep track of everything in our trucks. :shock:

Roadhog 05-05-2007 11:37 AM

:? ....like speed at the time of impact... :lol:

Cluggy619 05-05-2007 11:58 AM

Hey....give me a break. I can't find the spellchecker anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roadhog 05-05-2007 12:09 PM

I don't think the %$#@!&# ing < edit > 'purple elephant' bad boy filter is working either. :lol: < edit > :?

tdriver1959 05-05-2007 10:41 PM

we have gps on the trucks so the boss can see were we are and how fast we have been going. sends a email when going above 67 mph

Fozzy 05-06-2007 12:24 AM

Most info is already available in the ECM, all the other stuff simply pulls the info out so its easy to access and compile. We have the Peoplenet system and so far, it's really awesome!

Windwalker 05-08-2007 01:37 AM

Go to "DriversDailyLog.com" and check their NEWS about FMCSA's ruling on EORB. They're coming. If your company has a history of "Non-Compliance", they will be required to have them, the way it sounds. You'll still have to have a log book, but when they put them in, you had better make very sure your log matches the EORB.