Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Sirius hit another 52-week low today at $3.06 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/26372-sirius-hit-another-52-week-low-today-%243-06-a.html)

Rev.Vassago 04-20-2007 04:44 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7.../oayousuck.jpg

ben45750 04-20-2007 05:15 PM

worst photoshop ever

Rev.Vassago 04-20-2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ben45750:
worst photoshop ever

Too bad I didn't make it.

floored 04-22-2007 03:16 AM

I sure miss Squizzzz on XM.. but not enough to trade my Sirius subscription in ;)

mudawg 04-24-2007 04:37 AM

Just a couple things here first,stock numbers mean what???does the name Enron mean anything????they had huge numbers didn't they???So there goes that point.Who invented sat. radio?????(and Quallcom also BTW)Who made a positve cash flow first????Who will not raise the rate to pay for hireing mistakes no one wants to hear????Which one can you hear in the Columbia gorge,in the mountains,near buildings and hills???
Now who is against the merger???IMO two groups 1)the NAB for obvious reasons,regular Clear Channel run radio blows. 2) people that listen to the Worm Town Duo,Mel has made it no secret that he will not "give" sat. service away for free and these two,well free is way over priced,not entertaining at all. He has said he will honor contracts but,when it's up they are gone.
I've still got my old X-M in my tool shed and have been trying to give it away but no one wants it.I have a feeling if the merger happens that reciever will be gone that day.

ben45750 04-24-2007 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by mudawg:
Just a couple things here first,stock numbers mean what???

A stock price is defined by demand, profitability of the company, amount of shares available, market news and information and the outlook on future income by the company along with the market share.

does the name Enron mean anything????they had huge numbers didn't they???So there goes that point

So what your what your saying is that Sirius is concealing profit to drive the price down so people can lose money on the stock they bought? Enron is a whole different story and is really irrelevant to the situation with Sirius. Enron cooked the books to conceal debt so execs could dump their stock before they went belly up.

Who invented sat. radio?????(and Quallcom also BTW)

Every one knows Howard invented satellite radio. Hoo Hoo. Who invented satellite radio? WorldSpace was the first to offer a commercial version of satellite radio. The quallcom, The US Navy was the first to use satellite positioning.

Who made a positve cash flow first????

Neither XM or Sirius have a positive cash flow, ever.

XM Profit Margin -77.02%
Sirius Profit Margin -173.39%

Who will not raise the rate to pay for hireing mistakes no one wants to hear????

Not sure what you are talking about but at one time XM charged $9.99 a month and then raised it to $12.95 on April 2. 2005 to match Sirius's subscription rate.

Which one can you hear in the Columbia gorge,in the mountains,near buildings and hills???

Depends on what type of antenna you are using?

Now who is against the merger???IMO two groups 1)the NAB for obvious reasons,regular Clear Channel run radio blows. 2) people that listen to the Worm Town Duo,

Doesn't matter who is against the merger,and again it's irrelevant (Thanks Rev, I love using that word). Who is standing in the way of Sirius and XM merging? The US Government, neither NAB or ClearChannel can stop the merger (unless one buys Sirius or XM).

Not sure what your rant was about?

BTW... Sirius still going down
SIRIUS SATELLITE R (NasdaqGS:SIRI) Delayed quote data Edit
Last Trade: 2.76
Trade Time: 11:35AM ET
Change: Down 0.04 (1.43%)

ben45750 04-27-2007 09:00 AM

XM 1Q Loss Narrows, Subscriptions Rise
By MATTHEW BARAKAT
AP Business Writer

WASHINGTON - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc., which is seeking regulatory approval to be acquired by its biggest rival, said Thursday that its first-quarter loss narrowed as subscription revenue rose sharply.
XM, which in February agreed to a buyout offer from Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., reported a loss of $122.4 million, or 40 cents per share, versus a loss of $151.4 million, or 60 cents per share, in the year-ago period.

The loss was a penny a share larger than Wall Street expected, according to Thomson Financial.

Revenue rose 27 percent to $264.1 million from $208 million last year.

The company ended the quarter with 7.9 million subscribers, up from 6.5 million a year ago. In a news release Thursday, XM said it has since topped the 8 million mark. Last year, XM predicted its subscriber base would exceed 9 million by the end of 2006, but twice scaled back that prediction as retail sales of its radios waned.

XM now gets the majority of its subscribers from partnerships with carmakers, including the two largest, Toyota Motor Corp. and General Motors Corp.

The company expects to have between 9 million and 9.2 million subscribers by the end of 2007, with subscription revenue for the year around $1 billion.

In the first quarter, net subscriber additions, which subtract cancelations from new customer additions, slowed to 285,000 from 569,000 a year ago. Specifically, the company gained 868,000 paying subscribers while losing 583,000. The rate of customer defection, or churn, increased slightly from 1.64 percent in the year-ago quarter to 1.78 percent. The cost to add a new customer increased to $65 from $59.

XM said it anticipates reporting an adjusted operating loss of $170 million to $180 million in 2007.

XM shares increased 56 cents, or 5.1 percent, to $11.57 in morning trading Thursday on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Sirius, which most recently reported a subscriber base of just over 6 million, announces its earnings May 1.

The two companies provide a mix of news, sports, talk and commercial-free radio for a monthly subscription fee of about $13. Sirius chief executive Mel Karmazin has said that after a merger, subscribers would be offered a more limited amount of programing for a lower monthly fee. At the same time, subscribers who want all the programming currently offered by the two companies - for instance, access to both Major League Baseball offered on XM and the NFL programming offered on Sirius - would have to pay more than $13 a month.

The deal has faced significant regulatory scrutiny, in part because the licenses given by the Federal Communications Commission specifically forbid a merger. The companies argue that bar should be lifted because a merger would benefit consumers, and satellite radio would still face significant competition from traditional radio and other forms of audio entertainment.

Yanke_driver 05-02-2007 03:17 PM

How many times can you possibly beat this dead horse?! Rather amusing watching you guys in this thread. Lets start another useless debate...

COKE vs.PEPSI.

I like Pepse better and anyone who drinks coke is gay! :roll: :roll: :roll: