Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Senate Panel Heeds Teamster Demand To Keep Border Closed To (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/26204-senate-panel-heeds-teamster-demand-keep-border-closed.html)

One 04-09-2007 03:50 AM

Senate Panel Heeds Teamster Demand To Keep Border Closed To

I dont see this story anywhere on this forum, strsngely enough...So here it is:

Code:

Senate Panel Heeds Teamster Demand To Keep Border Closed To Mexican Trucks

Senate Committee Vote Is Important Step in Fight to Secure America's
                                  Highways

WASHINGTON, March 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Teamsters scored a
significant victory today in the fight to stop President Bush's reckless
plan to open the United States' border to unsafe Mexican trucks, with a key
Senate committee voting to block the pilot project.
    "The 1.4 million members of the Teamsters Union were heard loud and
clear on Capitol Hill today," said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa.
"This is an important first step in our fight to keep America's highways
safe and secure."
    The Senate Appropriations Committee blocked funding for the dangerous
pilot program by passing an amendment requiring the Transportation
Department to publish details of the plan and to provide time for public
comment. The committee also voted to require that the pilot project meet
congressionally mandated safety and security standards.
    The Bush administration is trying to circumvent those safety
requirements by repackaging the plan as a pilot project, allowing 100
Mexican trucking firms open access to U.S. highways, putting American
drivers at risk.
    The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Byron Dorgan of North
Dakota, Dianne Feinstein of California and Patty Murray of Washington.
    "The Teamsters Union has successfully led the battle to keep our border
closed for the past 12 years, and we will not let up in our fight as this
measure moves through Congress," Hoffa said. "I want to thank our allies on
Capitol Hill for standing strong for highway safety."
    Hearings in both the Senate and House have revealed that too many
questions remain about how the Bush administration's dangerous experiment
will be carried out, the Transportation Department's ability to inspect
trucks and the Mexican government's ability to meet U.S. standards for
regulating hours of service, driver training and licensing.
    Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters is the
nation's largest transportation union, representing 1.4 million hardworking
women and men throughout the United States and Canada.

SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Related links:
# http://www.teamster.org/

Fozzy 04-09-2007 11:22 AM

Blah blah blah blah blah! Was that supposed to be a news story or something for the liberal democrats and conspiracy wonks to play romantic music and touch themselves to? The Bush hate rhetoric was thick as fleas...

More of the same from the same sources

One 04-09-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Blah blah blah blah blah! Was that supposed to be a news story or something for the liberal democrats and conspiracy wonks to play romantic music and touch themselves to? The Bush hate rhetoric was thick as fleas...

WTF are you on about????????????The teamsters did this for all of us! You must like your job taken by Mehicanos?????

Dejanh 04-09-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
Quote:

WTF are you on about????????????The teamsters did this for all of us! You must like your job taken by Mehicanos?????

Dont mind him, dont even try, this imbecile knows everything about everybody at anytime everywhere in the whole wide world, he went to Harvard/Oxford and Yale at the same time and majored in every subject known to man making him what he is today, a big,bad truck driver !

To be this low on IQ you have to go to a special academy for training !

PackRatTDI 04-10-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
Quote:

BWAHAHAHA! The only reason the Teamsters are against this is that they aren't going to make any money off of it. They gave up thinking about the "working man" a long time ago.

Fozzy 04-10-2007 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
Quote:

The Teamsters did this for "us"....

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

emerlin 04-10-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Senate Panel Heeds Teamster Demand To Keep Border Closed

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
I dont see this story anywhere on this forum, strsngely enough...So here it is:

[code]Senate Panel Heeds Teamster Demand To Keep Border Closed To Mexican Trucks

SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Related links:
# http://www.teamster.org/

Now, there's some unbiased, fair, reporting!

Kinda like a car dealer using the NADA book for his prices...

Fozzy 04-10-2007 11:47 AM

Teamsters going along with the Democrats is about as newsworthy as Cindy Sheeman going along with Micheal Moore.

and of course for the same reasons.... political pandering

Wolfhound 04-10-2007 01:45 PM

I know..

It's amazing isn't it..

How anybody trying to save OUR jobs is an attack on the president.

After all, he has proven to be so competent in everything else he has touched, why should we be nervous when he starts eyeballing our jobs?

You gotta be kidding me..

Even more amazing is reading the level of support from American Drivers to the idea,many of them see no problem with flooding the market with drivers who will move freight for a fraction of the cost.

Instead they blame the teamsters and the democrats..

Were these people kicked in the head at a young age?

Twilight Flyer 04-10-2007 02:53 PM

How about some meaningful dialogue and ideas to keep the thread going. I am running out of Mexican-thread-locking keys.

:roll:

Dejanh 04-11-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfhound
I know..

It's amazing isn't it..

How anybody trying to save OUR jobs is an attack on the president.

After all, he has proven to be so competent in everything else he has touched, why should we be nervous when he starts eyeballing our jobs?

You gotta be kidding me..

Even more amazing is reading the level of support from American Drivers to the idea,many of them see no problem with flooding the market with drivers who will move freight for a fraction of the cost.

Instead they blame the teamsters and the democrats..

Were these people kicked in the head at a young age?

There are bunch of those my friend, look no further than this board and a CB offcourse, here and there you will find the loudest bunch of freaks in the area but dont try proving them otherwise, you'll get involved in something you dont want to get involved in ..believe you me..

Fozzy 04-11-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
How about some meaningful dialogue and ideas to keep the thread going. I am running out of Mexican-thread-locking keys.

this type of dialogue is all they have, I think most of us are used to it by now.

One 04-11-2007 02:46 PM

I like getting paid what I get paid- I dunno if you guys can live off of 13cpm or not, but I cant, so I like it when efforts to flood the industry with cheap labor are foiled. I think thats a good thing regardless of what freaking party you id with!! this is not an issue reps and dems can beat eachother up on, but an issue tied to the EXISTENCE of the good ol American trucker. Not the one called Jose from Oaxaca thats gonna set up a big grill at the TA and slaughter chickens in the fuel isle, using the water hose to wash himself and throwing his trash out the window like he does in ol Mehico :D im having fun here
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...k-MexiJunk.gif
Just imagine the loud Umpah music when ur trying to sleep ROFL.

kjax 04-11-2007 10:33 PM

http://saveamericafund.org/

Quote:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BOYCOTT - PLEASE READ !
We are looking for people in every state to organize the truckers in your state and be responsible to get the information out to them so they can join the fight at your state capitol. The Press Release can be printed out and posted at truck stops, trucking companies, truck repair shops, truck sales shops, coffee houses, churches, etc, and any place truckers or concerned citizens go to hang out. Email the PR to everyone you know and get them to join the fight as we are asking every person who can get to the state capitol of your state to join in the Boycott. Call your local radio stations and TV stations and tell them about the Boycott. The more people we get to park their cars, trucks, RV's motorcycles, etc., around the capitols and clog up traffic, the more the media and our govt will pay attention to our demands. We also need people to alert the local police in the capitol of your state to get them on board so they are not handing out tickets and fines the days of the rally.

Just since last March 26, 2007, we have had over 3,000 emails and calls from truckers and concerned citizens in every state, including Alaska, who what to participate and help in the Boycott. The web page has only been up a week and we’ve already had over 8,500 hits to the site. The response has been phenomenal.

We still need a lot of help, though, to further unite our nation, and that's why we are deeply grateful for your support. This is grassroots at its BEST!!! Any and all suggestions are welcome.

ALSO: It was suggested by one trucker that for those who could not get to the capitols of their states because of distance or an inability to shut down for all three days, that going three or four, or however many lanes the freeway has, trucks wide and driving at the minimum speed allowed for truckers, not letting anyone pass, causing a complete backup of traffic behind them, to get the public to pay attention to the issues surrounding illegals in our country and the blatant criminal disregard of upholding our federal laws by our elected officials and president in Washington. We are asking these truckers to put signs and banners on their trucks to let the public know why they are protesting.

We NEED to get our truckers to start broadcasting on their CB radios the talking points, the Press Release, the PSA, and anything else that will get the truckers to rally to this cause.

PLEASE GO TO: http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/ to read about the NAU, NAFTA, the SPP and all the tragic plans Bush and his corrupt pals are planning for America, not just the truckers.

What we are hoping to achieve with this Trucker's Boycott is to stimulate serious discussion and action by our elected officials to bring to an end the plans for the NAU, NO MEXICAN TRUCKS OR TRUCKERS IN AMERICA, NO amnesty for illegal aliens, NO more guest worker programs, NO more H1B visas, NO open borders - CLOSE OUR BORDERS NOW, NO birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens, NO driver's licenses, bank accounts, or mortgages for illegal aliens, NO social security-welfare-food stamp-medical-education services for illegal aliens, NO JOBS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We would like to see a STOP to the criminal support of illegal aliens in America, the enforcement of our federal immigration laws by our elected officials, states, and in the workplace, and subsequent criminal prosecution of the racist-terrorist groups LaRaza, Reconquista, MECHA, LULAC and the people running them that are inciting and organizing revolution against America. We must not and cannot tolerate this type of behavior in America any longer.

We want to put America back to work. We hope you will decide to join in our effort to defend our jobs and Sovereignty. We are the United States of America.

With deep respect for America,

Wanda Piety

kjax 04-11-2007 10:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdxLYuvvbgs

Fozzy 04-12-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjax
http://saveamericafund.org/

Quote:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BOYCOTT - PLEASE READ !
We are looking for people in every state to organize the truckers in your state and be responsible to get the information out to them so they can join the fight at your state capitol. The Press Release can be printed out and posted at truck stops, trucking companies, truck repair shops, truck sales shops, coffee houses, churches, etc, and any place truckers or concerned citizens go to hang out. Email the PR to everyone you know and get them to join the fight as we are asking every person who can get to the state capitol of your state to join in the Boycott. Call your local radio stations and TV stations and tell them about the Boycott. The more people we get to park their cars, trucks, RV's motorcycles, etc., around the capitols and clog up traffic, the more the media and our govt will pay attention to our demands. We also need people to alert the local police in the capitol of your state to get them on board so they are not handing out tickets and fines the days of the rally.

Just since last March 26, 2007, we have had over 3,000 emails and calls from truckers and concerned citizens in every state, including Alaska, who what to participate and help in the Boycott. The web page has only been up a week and we’ve already had over 8,500 hits to the site. The response has been phenomenal.

We still need a lot of help, though, to further unite our nation, and that's why we are deeply grateful for your support. This is grassroots at its BEST!!! Any and all suggestions are welcome.

ALSO: It was suggested by one trucker that for those who could not get to the capitols of their states because of distance or an inability to shut down for all three days, that going three or four, or however many lanes the freeway has, trucks wide and driving at the minimum speed allowed for truckers, not letting anyone pass, causing a complete backup of traffic behind them, to get the public to pay attention to the issues surrounding illegals in our country and the blatant criminal disregard of upholding our federal laws by our elected officials and president in Washington. We are asking these truckers to put signs and banners on their trucks to let the public know why they are protesting.

We NEED to get our truckers to start broadcasting on their CB radios the talking points, the Press Release, the PSA, and anything else that will get the truckers to rally to this cause.

PLEASE GO TO: http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/ to read about the NAU, NAFTA, the SPP and all the tragic plans Bush and his corrupt pals are planning for America, not just the truckers.

What we are hoping to achieve with this Trucker's Boycott is to stimulate serious discussion and action by our elected officials to bring to an end the plans for the NAU, NO MEXICAN TRUCKS OR TRUCKERS IN AMERICA, NO amnesty for illegal aliens, NO more guest worker programs, NO more H1B visas, NO open borders - CLOSE OUR BORDERS NOW, NO birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens, NO driver's licenses, bank accounts, or mortgages for illegal aliens, NO social security-welfare-food stamp-medical-education services for illegal aliens, NO JOBS FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We would like to see a STOP to the criminal support of illegal aliens in America, the enforcement of our federal immigration laws by our elected officials, states, and in the workplace, and subsequent criminal prosecution of the racist-terrorist groups LaRaza, Reconquista, MECHA, LULAC and the people running them that are inciting and organizing revolution against America. We must not and cannot tolerate this type of behavior in America any longer.

We want to put America back to work. We hope you will decide to join in our effort to defend our jobs and Sovereignty. We are the United States of America.

With deep respect for America,

Wanda Piety

Again the need to make illegal immigration and this mexican trucking program all into one... Pathetic as usual, this does get the one celled animal's juices flowing though.. It must be a real pain to live in self created hysteria all the time.. :roll:

Fozzy 04-12-2007 12:59 AM

I like getting paid what I get paid- I dunno if you guys can live off of 13cpm or not, but I cant, so I like it when efforts to flood the industry with cheap labor are foiled.

Who is declaring that this will flood the "industry" with cheap labor? The BBR , leash purchase suckers and bumper polishers are already sold themselves as harlots for the taking.. it would be hard to get cheaper than FREE labor that the American Trucking lemming is providing now. This isn't the issue about the industry as a whole and the "sky is falling brigade" knows this already, they are just having too much fun looking foolish.

this is not an issue reps and dems can beat eachother up on, but an issue tied to the EXISTENCE of the good ol American trucker.

Well at least you did use the term "professional driver"...

Not the one called Jose from Oaxaca thats gonna set up a big grill at the TA and slaughter chickens in the fuel isle, using the water hose to wash himself and throwing his trash out the window like he does in ol Mehico

I've seen almost every one of these behaviors from.. what did you call them?

Quote:

good ol American trucker
I'm thinking that maybe adding a few professional Mexican drivers may shame some of these home grown clods to clean up their acts...

kjax 04-13-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Again the need to make illegal immigration and this mexican trucking program all into one...

Yep-same agenda, same goal, same results.

Quote:

Pathetic as usual, this does get the one celled animal's juices flowing though.. It must be a real pain to live in self created hysteria all the time.. :roll:
Keep watching Faux News, Fozz.

Fozzy 04-13-2007 11:50 AM

WOW! Are you even able to string and grunt out more than a couple of word sentences together?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...TF-Posters.jpg

Slimland 04-14-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

that's funny!

Shut down the borders, and if anyone want's to come to the USA, and become a citizen. Let them learn english "at least talk it, or has to spell as good as me" :lol: and serve our country in the forces for 2 years.

Any one who come's when not invited, treat as a terrorist!

Fozzy 04-14-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimland
Quote:

Quote:

that's funny!

Shut down the borders, and if anyone want's to come to the USA, and become a citizen. Let them learn english "at least talk it, or has to spell as good as me" :lol: and serve our country in the forces for 2 years.

So just like other kinds of real, hard work, you'd insist that illegal aliens do it? Americans are getting to soft and stupid to care about their own country too..

Slimland 04-14-2007 03:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimland
Quote:

Quote:

that's funny!

Quote:

So just like other kinds of real, hard work, you'd insist that illegal aliens do it? Americans are getting to soft and stupid to care about their own country too..

How did you come up with that Fozzy? are we reading into things now? I though women did that! :lol:

It is simple, they want in--make them prove their worth! What does that have to do with insisting that illegal aliens doing hard work. I made no such claim. Read what I said again, and don't try to make something mean what you want it to mean.

If an a person of another country want here, there is nothing wrong with what I said, and I think and maybe I am wrong, but it should weed out the one's who are to harm.

We have a butt load of illegals in this country, and more comming in every day. We can I believe stop it. and be able to use a filter for those who just might bring something good to this country, and in turn be able to become an American.

Or we can just shut down the border's and blow away anything that moves. And not let anyone in.

Fozzy 04-14-2007 03:43 AM

It is simple, they want in--make them prove their worth!

it was mainly the old "put them in the Army" bilge that irritates me! It usually comes from someone who has never been or is to self important to serve themselves. This country has always insisted on the poor fighting their wars, now the supposed poor people here are already too lazy to do the work that these illegals coming here are taking and now under your great plan they are going to continue to sit around while the illegals take their place in a war that they are too lazy to fight?

What does that have to do with insisting that illegal aliens doing hard work. I made no such claim. Read what I said again, and don't try to make something mean what you want it to mean.

It means what it means, The illegals coming up here are not usually educated professionals.

If an a person of another country want here, there is nothing wrong with what I said, and I think and maybe I am wrong, but it should weed out the one's who are to harm.

The problem here is that for them taking up arms against OUR enemies, you'll let them slide on in? We are still a country with a military at war, this country has refused to even consider themselves to BE at war.

We have a butt load of illegals in this country, and more comming in every day. We can I believe stop it. and be able to use a filter for those who just might bring something good to this country, and in turn be able to become an American.

Or we can just shut down the border's and blow away anything that moves. And not let anyone in.

We as a nation has refused to do that. I would prefer a militarized border but the usual sources would soon be on the military as bad as they are on them now for Iraq. The President already is declared wrong for everything he says and does, do you think that if he cleared the shooting of men women and children at the border will be seen as positive? Something about shooting people who are basically not armed and simply looking to find a job to feed their kids doesn't really warrant the death penalty for most Americans. The pictures and the videos of the first few dead people and the whole plan would fall to hell. Do really think that any but the nuttiest people would condone the killing of people at the border? There are I'm sure technological ways of dealing with this. The hemispheric integration plans that some are working on COULD possibly mean that jobs would be created in their own countries.

Slimland 04-14-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It is simple, they want in--make them prove their worth!

it was mainly the old "put them in the Army" bilge that irritates me! It usually comes from someone who has never been or is to self important to serve themselves. This country has always insisted on the poor fighting their wars, now the supposed poor people here are already too lazy to do the work that these illegals coming here are taking and now under your great plan they are going to continue to sit around while the illegals take their place in a war that they are too lazy to fight?

What does that have to do with insisting that illegal aliens doing hard work. I made no such claim. Read what I said again, and don't try to make something mean what you want it to mean.

It means what it means, The illegals coming up here are not usually educated professionals.

The problem here is that for them taking up arms against OUR enemies, you'll let them slide on in? We are still a country with a military at war, this country has refused to even consider themselves to BE at war.

We as a nation has refused to do that. I would prefer a militarized border but the usual sources would soon be on the military as bad as they are on them now for Iraq. The President already is declared wrong for everything he says and does, do you think that if he cleared the shooting of men women and children at the border will be seen as positive? Something about shooting people who are basically not armed and simply looking to find a job to feed their kids doesn't really warrant the death penalty for most Americans. The pictures and the videos of the first few dead people and the whole plan would fall to hell. Do really think that any but the nuttiest people would condone the killing of people at the border? There are I'm sure technological ways of dealing with this. The hemispheric integration plans that some are working on COULD possibly mean that jobs would be created in their own countries.

Fozzy I thought I would never say this, but-- I have to agree.

I didn't think of it that way. Maybe we should hire them to build the wall's to keep them out :lol:

I have to step out of this debate, it is over my head :lol:

So I guess I will stick with questions!

Why can't the mexican Government, make there country better to live in?
They have from what I understand a good tourist buisness. Get ride of the drug runners and lords. pretty much crack down on crime. But would they do this?

Fozzy 04-14-2007 01:33 PM

The Drugs are another home grown issue that I do not blame the foreigners for in the least! This country is a drug vacuum. We as a country demand them and they are not available here. The drug runners are this country's fault pure and simple.

If you (not you specifically Slim) do or have ever taken illegal drugs, then welcome the illegals with open arms, because you invited them.

golfhobo 04-14-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

The Drugs are another home grown issue that I do not blame the foreigners for in the least! This country is a drug vacuum. We as a country demand them and they are not available here. The drug runners are this country's fault pure and simple.

If you (not you specifically Slim) do or have ever taken illegal drugs, then welcome the illegals with open arms, because you invited them.

Why would I invite them to come here? There are no illegal drugs grown HERE for them to "pick."

I want them to stay in Mexico and grow my illegal drugs THERE! :wink:

Fozzy 04-14-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:

Why would I invite them to come here? There are no illegal drugs grown HERE for them to "pick."

I want them to stay in Mexico and grow my illegal drugs THERE! :wink:

Well like most American interests.. they don't want to pay for shipping.. :asta:

One 04-14-2007 06:35 PM

This thread is getting more interesting by the minute, but i still dont see how outsourcing our jobs to Mehicans :P would be a good thing...Truckers make up a large slice of the population trying to hold on to thier middle-class status and taking their loads and jobs wouldnt help us or the economy one bit. The only ones to profit from this are: (drumroll) :rock: THE TRUCKING COs. Our law makers arent gonna do a thing to stop this unless we make a lot of noise about it and let them know that if they sell us out for a lobbyists bucks we'll string them up by their 'cohones' then tar and feather them :P :asta: