Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Getting to the drive through prescription area the hard way (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/26095-getting-drive-through-prescription-area-hard-way.html)

Doctor Who 04-04-2007 12:04 AM

Getting to the drive through prescription area the hard way

OOOPPPSSS

I wonder if this driver will be getting their SAFE DRIVING AWARD????

yoopr 04-04-2007 12:22 AM

friend of yours Doc? :P

Doctor Who 04-04-2007 12:37 AM

No, don't know the guy... I do know the company that sent the rescue tanker and the driver who did the transfer!!

Cripplecreek 04-04-2007 12:51 AM

We had a bad tanker accident in St. petersburg last week, driver killed. Southbound on 275, 375 branches off to left with a pretty radical curve. Driver failed to make the curve, rolled it and a massive explosion resulted. Fuel leaked into sewer system, manhole covers were blown off the street. DOT permanetly closed 375 , overpass has to be repaired, could take at least a year. Penn tank lines truck I believe.

bacda 04-04-2007 01:06 AM

Doc were you out there? You should have said hi. I was the wrecker driver. That guy made a freak'n mess. The city building guy was worried about the canopy falling, I was more concerned about them wanting to empty the tank. I lost that battle. I wanted to removed it loaded instead of sitting there 3 hours waiting on eagle.

fun, fun, fun.....lol

Edit:On a side note, that guy had over 16 years and 2 million safe miles, until this morning......

Fozzy 04-04-2007 02:03 AM

This will be blamed on the mexicans in 3....2...1
:P

Jackrabbit379 04-04-2007 04:21 PM

Well, let's just say, the driver wanted something to take for his gas

Doctor Who 04-06-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacda
Doc were you out there? You should have said hi. I was the wrecker driver. That guy made a freak'n mess. The city building guy was worried about the canopy falling, I was more concerned about them wanting to empty the tank. I lost that battle. I wanted to removed it loaded instead of sitting there 3 hours waiting on eagle.

fun, fun, fun.....lol

Edit:On a side note, that guy had over 16 years and 2 million safe miles, until this morning......

No, I wasn't there but did talk to a few gas hauling friends...

I guess discretion being the better part of valour, the fear of a HUGE KABOOM out weighed your wanting to hook and go....

bacda 04-07-2007 12:38 AM

I would prefer to tow them loaded. I'm more nervous about the empty tanks with all the vapors than I am about the loaded ones.

Doctor Who 04-07-2007 01:19 AM

Yes, that is true, an empty tank will go KABOOOOM just as easily as a loaded one